August 2018 New Gear Thread
Old 23rd August 2018
Lives for gear

Got me one this month too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
Old 23rd August 2018
Interesting August for me!
I received my Kawai R-100 back from Circuitbenders.co.uk, equipped with four sample sets, global pitch knob and an external patchbay for circuitbending sounds.
And I got a Gecho Loopsynth from Gechologics. Amazing little granular sampler (among others). No competition for GR-1, but perfect for some grainy Ambient stuff.

Cheers,
Bert
Attached Thumbnails
August 2018 New Gear Thread-dsc09955.jpg   August 2018 New Gear Thread-dsc09959.jpg  
Old 23rd August 2018
Sorry, forgot the Gecho pics...

Cheers,
Bert
Attached Thumbnails
August 2018 New Gear Thread-dsc09937.jpg   August 2018 New Gear Thread-dsc09939.jpg  
Old 23rd August 2018
Lives for gear

Waiting for my new synth I bought a gretsch jade penguin guitar
Old 23rd August 2018
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramseur View Post
Got me one this month too!
tis a cute little black box, sits nicely alongside my machinedrum.
Old 23rd August 2018
Lives for gear

Just got one of these to keep the OB-6 company.
Old 24th August 2018
Suling bambu flute.
Old 24th August 2018
It's sometimes the boring things that you appreciate the most.

This.

So I no longer need to reach through a cupboard and mess about with 4 wallwarts.

Old 24th August 2018
Gear Addict

Just left one weird city at the coast of the baltic sea but I'm not alone on my way to Moscow, I've got something interesting to carry. And this something:

- is big
- is black
- starts with P
- will make my mom happy
Attached Thumbnails
August 2018 New Gear Thread-20180824183122_glitch.jpg  
Old 24th August 2018
Gear Nut

Got this today, need to spend some time with it.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 25th August 2018
Lives for gear

The King of Cheese! Hammond AutoVari 64. 16 presets with 4 variations and the revolutionary autovari function which cycles through them. No more repetitive drum loops! Gosh... what will they think of next?

Old 25th August 2018
Gear Addict

August has been good.

Old 25th August 2018
Lives for gear
Kenton pro 2000
Old 25th August 2018
Gear Maniac

No new music items other than what I already bought this month (yet), but I bought a few items that will go to the studio nonetheless:
- a wood box with a lid, to store some microphones and other items (I put some polyurethane, which I had for years, on the inside in order to protect the items)
- an open wood box: I'll adapt it to rack mount, so I can place my 2 Mother 32 on the rack for cheap
- two frames: one for an old Mickey Mouse drawing from something like 25 years ago (which I had when I was a child and went straight to storage again), the other to hang a drawing by Kyle Platts which was on the back of the Moog 2016 catalogue inside my second Mother-32 box.

Now I need a few other frames (and images, of course!) to make the "studio" more comfortable and inspiring...
Attached Thumbnails
August 2018 New Gear Thread-moog_kyle_platts.jpg  
Old 25th August 2018
Pulled the trigger on a Retro Mechanical Labs 432k Rev2 Distortion Pedal

Can't wait to get industrial

Old 25th August 2018
Old 25th August 2018
Lives for gear

Old 25th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by xZenx View Post
Pulled the trigger on a Retro Mechanical Labs 432k Rev2 Distortion Pedal

Can't wait to get industrial

Industrial?
I'm waiting for this to arrive at my house:

Two of them in fact.
For mastering.
THAT is Industrial.

Cheers,
Bert
Old 25th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feinstrom View Post
Industrial?
I'm waiting for this to arrive at my house:

Two of them in fact.
For mastering.
THAT is Industrial.

Cheers,
Bert
Congrats! That looks wayy rad! Did you get two to go stereo?

Not my first choice of tone but I'm sure you'll come up with some dope industrial tracks and look hella cool while doing it
Old 26th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by xZenx View Post
Congrats! That looks wayy rad! Did you get two to go stereo?

Not my first choice of tone but I'm sure you'll come up with some dope industrial tracks and look hella cool while doing it
Yes, I wanted stereo.
And I was a very early backer, so I basically got two for the price of one.
But I haven't got them yet (maybe in the "October 2018 New Gear" thread)...

In the meantime, my hot-rodded R-100 is Industrial enough!

Cheers,
Bert
Old 26th August 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrelatednotes View Post
Received this last week. Only other drum machine I've ever had was a Korg DDD-5 back in the late '80s/early '90s. Not being a typical drum machine user, I love the simplicity of this and how it's performance oriented.
Awesome! Thoughts on it so far? I’m heavily considering it as well.
Old 26th August 2018
Lives for gear

Feeling pretty obnoxiously slutty right now.

As well as a midi to CV cable thing I probably don’t need, but just in case...I figure it’ll get me by with the different firmware options until this comes:

That should have been enough, but

And

Old 26th August 2018
Lives for gear

New stuff:

E-mu Proteus 2000
E-mu X-treme Lead 1
Teenage Engineering PO-33
Protective case for my Teenage Engineering PO-32
Zoom Sampletrak
Yamaha RS7000 (my second one)
Yamaha rm1x (used to have this years ago)
Roland Fantom Xr (came with two SRX cards)
Roland SP-555
Roland Aira System 1
Alesis i/o-dock for iPad
Isla Instruments Kordbot
Attached Thumbnails
August 2018 New Gear Thread-img_5271.jpg   August 2018 New Gear Thread-img_5272.jpg   August 2018 New Gear Thread-img_5273.jpg   August 2018 New Gear Thread-img_5274.jpg   August 2018 New Gear Thread-img_5275.jpg  

August 2018 New Gear Thread-img_5276.jpg   August 2018 New Gear Thread-img_5277.jpg   August 2018 New Gear Thread-img_5278.jpg   August 2018 New Gear Thread-img_5280.png   August 2018 New Gear Thread-img_5279.jpg  

Old 26th August 2018
Oli
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexo View Post
Yamaha RS7000 (my second one)
Yamaha rm1x (used to have this years ago)
What is the reason for having both the RS7000 and the RM1x? Does the RM1x do anything the RS7000 doesn't?

Do you still have your first RS7000?
Old 26th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post
What is the reason for having both the RS7000 and the RM1x? Does the RM1x do anything the RS7000 doesn't?

Do you still have your first RS7000?
Good question. I bought it back from a friend for a very low price and thought I could just it in one of my setups. But I don't think I'll find a use for it, so I'll probably flip it. I have two RS7000's, yes. I bought the second one primarily to have as a backup in case something happens to the first, but now it's controlling one of my setups. Thing is I can't stand very complicated setups, so instead I go for several smaller. I have four such now. But things are getting out of hand equipment wise, so I'm seriously considering selling several pieces of gear.
Old 26th August 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorfinity View Post
this something:

- is big
- is black
- starts with P
- will make my mom happy

boum. was fvcking around Saint-Petersburg and was looking for a couple of Polivokses, one for me and one for german audio equipment company. that was quite a trip, from reactor complex to beautiful Neva banks to gloomy Piter slums, but in the end it was well worth it.

here he is, the big black P, worn out and angry at previous owners. needs a lot of TLC, but I'm looking forward to make him roar again.

hey mom, remember this guy? I certainly don't, I even wasn't born when somebody made this photo, but now let ME tell you some stories about soviet era

Old 26th August 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnProctor View Post
Awesome! Thoughts on it so far? I’m heavily considering it as well.
I like it. The interface is very intuitive. I've not had to refer to the owner's manual all that often as most things I've wanted to accomplish are clearly labeled. (I'll def read it through to make sure I've got a good understanding of it, though).

The sounds are overall good. I could do without the cowbell. The toms are okay. The kick, snare, clap, hats and cymbal are nice. I love the FM tone and the possibilities with that. The color versions of the above are a nice addition.

Distortion on the main channel is to be used sparingly IMO. Turning it up past 50% just seems to muddy things up for me so far.

The librarian provided by Arturia is a nice compliment and very handy.

Again, not being a typical drum machine user, this fits the bill nicely for me. The price is excellent for my needs and wants in a percussion instrument. User interface-wise it's all there; no menu diving, which is nice. And I can def see myself using the separate outputs and applying all sorts of effects to the sounds.

Hope my rambling post helps!
Old 27th August 2018
Deleted 83f48a0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorfinity View Post
was fvcking around Saint-Petersburg and was looking for a couple of Polivokses, one for me and one for german audio equipment company
Next year at NAMM, the Behringer Manyvoks?

Or should that be Poormanta?
Old 27th August 2018
Lives for gear

A friend was hounding me to buy some more stuff off of him (I bought his Mesa Boogie DC10 a couple months ago) so he could make his title loan payment (yuck), so I got a really good deal on an upgraded MIM Strat in Sherwood Green, a Quasimidi 309, and a broken JX8P so he didn’t have to get ripped off at the pawn shop. Not sure how much I needed all this but he set the prices so he can’t get mad at me for paying too little. His own fault he’s in this mess, he just bought another Juno 106 (after buying and selling mine) and DX7 in the past couple weeks. Probably should have made him own his mistake and get pennies at the pawn shop but have a hard time letting someone do that.
Old 27th August 2018
nothing for me in august.

however, i am nervously counting days to early september - just paid an advance for delivery of something i wanted for a long time.

hint: its kinda bulky, and if you fart at it, it farts right back at you in lofi

📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear