The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Minilogue - Neutral panel settings? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Minilogue - Neutral panel settings?

Would this be the most “neutral” panel setting for the minilogue? I’ve never really thought about this, as I usually just start tweaking on a preset or go to an init patch and get where I want to be from adjusting knobs from where ever they were from my last session. I want to see what happens when I start from a “blank slate” when sculpting sounds.

ETA: Aside from the delay settings, that is no big deal to tweak in.
Attached Thumbnails
Minilogue - Neutral panel settings?-cc5c2d31-96fa-4621-a462-80f2a9d4e136.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

The 'log is tucked away in bed, while its power cord is featured in a spaghetti monster, so all I have are memories... IIRC, for the least extreme settings:

the Voice Mode Depth knob should be fully CCW.

the filter EG INT knob should be TDC.

Then there are a bunch of controls where there isn't really a "neutral", but it's more about personal preference of where you like to begin. Your choices should be fine.
I don't remember what Tempo is at TDC, but it's probably give or take plus or minus within the parameters.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Almost. This would replicate more of a standard Init patch where striking/releasing a key is like opening/closing a gate rather than triggering an envelope:

Attack:Min
Decay:Max
Sustain:Max
Release:Min
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyaguy View Post
Almost. This would replicate more of a standard Init patch where striking/releasing a key is like opening/closing a gate rather than triggering an envelope:

Ya this would give you the most basic envelope, with no release at all being the usual init. Do you remember if EG INT should be middle or CCW for 0 on the minilogue?

Last edited by PuggaMahone; 1 week ago at 06:34 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuggaMahone View Post
Ya this would give you the most basic envelope, with no release at all being the usual init. Do you remember if EG INT should be middle or CCW for 0 on the minilogue?
0 is right because it's bipolar.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
0 is right because it's bipolar.
Cool I thought it was but then I was second guessing my memory. Thx
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:

Excellent info. Starting with what I posted did lead me in a different direction, so that was good. I’ll adjust my “neutral” settings via your info for my next session and see where that takes me.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

With sustain at max the decay setting doesn't matter, but init patches usually have attack, decay and release at 0 and sustain all the way up, so you get a "gated" or organ-like envelope.

But if you're making your own "init" patch, why not tailor it to what you typically like to program... for example, if you tend to program slow sweeping pads, have an init patch with the envelopes set up that way already. Set the LFO rate, tempo, pitch bend rate, delay settings, etc. to what you usually like to use. If you tend to use pulse waves rather than sawtooths, set those in your init patch. That way you have a starting point closer to where you usually like to go with your patches. You could even have multiple "init" patches... one for pads, one for basses, one for leads, etc.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search