The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland Juno 60 Voice Issue Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Roland Juno 60 Voice Issue

I recently picked up a Juno 60 off CL , everything seems to work fine all sliders knobs , no scratchiness. However every 6th note hangs and is very weak and not there at all depending on the patch.
If i change the VCA section from Env to Gate all notes play but the sixth always sounds different.
At first i thought it might be the two TC4011BP NAND gates so i replaced those but the problem is still there. I'm hoping one of you fine folks have run into this before and can help me pinpoint the issue.

I made a quick video to to show whats going on

Roland Juno 60 Voice Issue-juno60_1.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
Roland Juno 60 Voice Issue-juno60_1.jpg  
Old 14th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Bump
Anyone?
Old 15th July 2018
Gear Head

Could be the IR3R01 envelope generator IC for that 6th voice, I had similar problems on my Juno 60 and a Jupiter 8 I worked on. Switching between env/gate would have weird filter decay behaviour, or infinite sustain, etc.

If you have an oscilloscope you can probe the outputs of the affected voice's IR3R01, if it doesn't match up with the other voices it may be faulty. Swap it to one of the other 5 voices to see if the problem follows be sure. Unfortunately it is very hard to find replacements for this IC
Old 15th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkpirateradio View Post
Could be the IR3R01 envelope generator IC for that 6th voice, I had similar problems on my Juno 60 and a Jupiter 8 I worked on. Switching between env/gate would have weird filter decay behaviour, or infinite sustain, etc.

If you have an oscilloscope you can probe the outputs of the affected voice's IR3R01, if it doesn't match up with the other voices it may be faulty. Swap it to one of the other 5 voices to see if the problem follows be sure. Unfortunately it is very hard to find replacements for this IC
Thanks for the info i will test the output of those IC's , i see what you mean about being hard to find i don't see any listed anywhere so far.

Maybe that's why it was so cheap.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search