The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Novation Circuit Mono Station In-depth Demo - Enrique Martinez Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Head

Novation Circuit Mono Station In-depth Demo - Enrique Martinez

In another Perfect Circuit Audio event (Los Angeles), Novation's Enrique Martinez gives an in-depth review of the new Circuit Mono Station and its capabilities.

Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

Review ? ... pros and cons , what it does well , what it can’t do , example audio , value , opinion .

Review ? Product DEMO in a store that might be selling them .

Both are useful but only one of them is a review .
Old 13th July 2018
Gear Head

I disagree with that. A 'review' is what you make out of a product presentation. It depends on your own background and experience as well. He pretty much went over all key features with tons of audio demos in real time. Obviously it wasn't possible for me to have a direct feed from the mixer, so the sonic quality is just not there...but still it gives a pretty good idea.
Old 14th July 2018
Lives for gear

It's a good presentation showing quirky functionality , I'd like to get one . As a novation product guy it's a pitch to sell them , no different to people at super booth showing their latest devices and running through the functionality.
I'm used to seeing 'reviews' for games , films , albums where at some point it's mentioned if it's worth the money , a tense thriller or generic Hollywood slop , possibly ' if you like x you'll probably like Y , though ultimately I gauge it on my own opinion ( well , I think I do but I know I'm susceptible like everyone else)

When sonic state look at waveforms and harmonics , functionality and shortcomings it's a review ( although very few reviews call out obvious issues like firmware locking up if using midi ... I'm thinking of digitakt , midi was always skilfully vague )
When cenk drops in and plays on new elektron gear it's a presentation / advert .
Nothing wrong with either... I'm just picking up on the terminology. , like my opinion .
Old 14th July 2018
Gear Head

I know what you're saying but that's just one word out of a 30 plus minutes video. Enrique did a great full product demo in 30 minutes. There's no way that you can expand and cover every little thing. It gives you a starting point and then you come to your own conclusion. Besides people tend to use the same instrument in so many different ways that almost changes the same instrument beyond recognition. Those things can not be covered in such events.
Old 14th July 2018
Lives for gear

love the "70s hi-fi" knobs on it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search