The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Have you ever been OVERWHELMED by a classic/budget/ROMpler synth? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothing Sound View Post
Yeah. JV-1080, sounds great!
Yes, I Always though the JD-800 sounded very nice, still have one.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

waldorf microwave 1 rev A
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

My entrant in the budget rompler stakes is the Juno G... spongey keybed, iffy screen, but small, light ant totally usable..sold it to fund fandom G
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch View Post
I am astounded and floored by how good this synth sounds. For the size of the sound it is dirt cheap. Add the free running LFOs and the sound is huge and vintage. Can't believe so few people have discovered this one. p.s. if I can only list a rompler forgive me.
Do you know of any demos to check out on this? I've played it a long time ago.

For me, the easiest answer are the hybrids. The DW8000, ESQ1, K3. They all sound great. Back then, they were not quite a Prophet 5 or DX. But today, we realize that also means they are better than many others for all sounds vintage.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_seldon View Post
It blows my mind how much people revel in the Juno 106. I despised mine when it was new.
106 = worst sounding and my least favorite roland of all time.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

i still dig my wavestation a/d. need to get the app version now, seeing as korg is selling it for half price till 8th august.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryDelmarva View Post
Do you know of any demos to check out on this? I've played it a long time ago.

For me, the easiest answer are the hybrids. The DW8000, ESQ1, K3. They all sound great. Back then, they were not quite a Prophet 5 or DX. But today, we realize that also means they are better than many others for all sounds vintage.
Here is a really good one for me. You can find many more on Youtube; there are a bunch out there (some are horrible). If I'm not mistaken our own Don Solaris has listed this synth as one of his favorites as well.

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Funny how people can't stick to the topic of romplers.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

The way the title is written I at first assumed it was an either or proposition; classic, budget or rompler. Some people sure are nit-picky and sour. Sorry the world offends you. Glad I'm not you, brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveItAll View Post
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
This topic is not only about romplers, it's about classic or budget or romplers
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch View Post
The way the title is written I at first assumed it was an either or proposition; classic, budget or rompler. Some people sure are nit-picky and sour. Sorry the world offends you. Glad I'm not you, brother.
Pretty bad title
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
My mom used to buy me a Whitman's Rompler every Valentine's Day.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

I picked up a Yamaha DJX the other day for $50, and am in love. I wasn't expecting much but it delivers and just keeps delivering. There's some classic budget rompler for you, with 6 seconds of sampling even. The most unexpected was another Yamaha, the QY-22 which I got just as a cheap sequencer but has a few nice gems in the soundbanks.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton76 View Post
Love my Ultranova. easy and fun to program sounds great and great price
Another vote for the Ultranova. I got one refurbished for about four bills for my nephew. He wanted more of a ROMpler, so I got him a Yamaha MX61, and ended up keeping the Ultranova for myself. It has a nice Fatar keybed, sounds good, 3 osc, 3 LFOs (iirc), & FX, and it's surprisingly deep
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search