The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Modal Electronics "SKULPT"
Old 4th July 2018
  #1
Lives for gear
 
wagoo's Avatar
Modal Electronics "SKULPT"

Something being cooked up..


..there's a keyboard
..there's knobs
..more info on the 6th, so not long to wait to find out more

I am guessing this is a VA building on the craft tech, maybe paired with analogue filters.. that'll allow them to do a poly at a more competitive price
Old 4th July 2018
  #2
Gear Addict
 

Interested to hear what this is. Also interested in knowing when we’ll see the long awaited updates to the animator of the 002/008.
Old 4th July 2018
  #3
Lives for gear
 

"SKULPT"

Making me think Sculpture and the Logic physical modelling synth of the same name.

If this turns out to be a hardware physical modelling synth then the temptation may be too much to resist.
Old 4th July 2018
  #4
Lives for gear
 
pppch's Avatar
 

a new VA.. not in red
Old 4th July 2018
  #5
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinamsis View Post
Interested to hear what this is. Also interested in knowing when we’ll see the long awaited updates to the animator of the 002/008.
You mean those who were first promised to be out on January 2017, a year and a half ago?
Yeah, well...
Old 4th July 2018
  #6
Lives for gear
 
wagoo's Avatar
They're bringing it to Sonic State tomorrow for some filming..
Old 4th July 2018
  #7
Lives for gear
 
donato's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
They're bringing it to Sonic State tomorrow for some filming..
I heard Nick say it may not happen because he can’t get an email response.
Old 4th July 2018
  #8
Lives for gear
 
rasseru's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by donato View Post
I heard Nick say it may not happen because he can’t get an email response.
wa boom tish
Old 4th July 2018
  #9
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
Something being cooked up..


..there's a keyboard
..there's knobs
..more info on the 6th, so not long to wait to find out more

I am guessing this is a VA building on the craft tech, maybe paired with analogue filters.. that'll allow them to do a poly at a more competitive price
Yes, it's getting very competitive in the hybrid area now. When Modal started out they were almost alone in the hybrid poly area, except for Dave Smith. Perhaps they've scaled down and streamlined the 002 tech, off into a new area.
Old 4th July 2018
  #10
Pip
Lives for gear
 
Pip's Avatar
Interesting - I'm kind of preordered out at the mo, Quantum and Solaris, plus nobody seems to want my 008 at a good price.
Old 4th July 2018
  #11
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasseru View Post
wa boom tish
That didn't sound very analogue to my ear
Old 4th July 2018
  #12
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Wavetables..
Old 4th July 2018
  #13
Gear Addict
 
guyaguy's Avatar
 

Woah, don't overexert yourselves on making a promo video, Modal...
Old 4th July 2018
  #14
Lives for gear
 
greenlights's Avatar
Just hope that this time it has regular stereo output.
Old 4th July 2018
  #15
Lives for gear
 
robinkle's Avatar
I will only consider it, if it has pitch/mod wheels.
Old 4th July 2018
  #16
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyaguy View Post
Woah, don't overexert yourselves on making a promo video, Modal...
It’s called a “teaser.”
Old 4th July 2018
  #17
Gear Addict
 
guyaguy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
It’s called a “teaser.”
Same goes for my post!
Old 4th July 2018
  #18
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyaguy View Post
Same goes for my post!
Old 4th July 2018
  #19
Lives for gear
 
ArtFluids's Avatar
Sounds Alpha Juno esque to my ears.
Old 5th July 2018
  #20
Lives for gear
 

I like it!
Old 5th July 2018
  #21
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 View Post
You mean those who were first promised to be out on January 2017, a year and a half ago?
Yeah, well...
...Or is it the update with the new sequencer promised about over year ago ???
I'm so done with all this Modal's crap. They just keep up pumping out cheap stuffs and never completed anything they've committed in the last 2 years. No wonder why their synths resale value is so low.



LA
Old 5th July 2018
  #22
Gear Maniac
 
tomheck's Avatar
 

I hope it's a sampler with analog filter and realtime controls
Old 5th July 2018
  #23
Gear Nut
 

synth

I say wave table oscillator morphing plus virtual analog oscillators with sampler and analog filters twin maybe 12 voice. plus animator.
Old 5th July 2018
  #24
Gear Nut
 
SandyS1's Avatar
New video:



Kinda sounds like a 1-osc synth so far, and from the title of the teaser "bigger on the inside", I'm guessing a small form factor.

I'm curious. But I'd like assurance that the 002 will still be around.
Old 5th July 2018
  #25
Lives for gear
 
re5etuk's Avatar
Last time I used the craft synth I was reminded how good it sounded , maybe it’s a more developed one of those closer to £200
Maybe they’ll surprise us with a mix and match set of option to put elements. Of craft and drum synth together , like Lego.
Old 5th July 2018
  #26
Lives for gear
 
WozNYC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
That sweep sounded like the intro to Duran's "New Religion."
Was waiting for the bassline to drop
Old 5th July 2018
  #27
Deleted User
Guest
If I would have known, I would have held off buying the Microbrute!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
Interesting - I'm kind of preordered out at the mo, Quantum and Solaris, plus nobody seems to want my 008 at a good price.
Old 5th July 2018
  #28
Lives for gear
 
re5etuk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Betamax View Post
If I would have known, I would have held off buying the Microbrute!
There’s always something new round the corner.
Old 5th July 2018
  #29
Lives for gear
 
robinkle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by re5etuk View Post
There’s always something new round the corner.
Old 5th July 2018
  #30
Lives for gear
 
rids's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC3 View Post
"SKULPT"

Making me think Sculpture and the Logic physical modelling synth of the same name.

If this turns out to be a hardware physical modelling synth then the temptation may be too much to resist.
Doesn't sound like it is this, but I want it to be. I'm betting on a wavetable/digital Osc VA synth. Nice we only have to wait a day to find out.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump