The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Moog One - old HUGE thread
Old 21st October 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague ➡️
Look, I wasn't joining in with anyone. It was me who started the Grandma Moses joke. I've accepted full responsibility for it and have apologized.

But I renounce any association with pppch. I would ask you to please not drag me into your personal battles. I want nothing to do with them.

It was an innocent mistake on my part that will not be repeated.

I am not a troll, have never been a troll and do not join in with trolls.

I sometimes use humor to balance out my serious posts. Again, I apologize if you felt it was at your expense. I was only thinking of the image--in the abstract--not of string6theory.
I didn’t say you were a troll. But, your post came on the heals of their posts, doing the EXACT SAME THING - MOCKING MY CREATIVE EFFORTS. This isn’t dragging you into my battles. You simply did the same thing as these trolls, at the same time, so your post was associated with a string of troll posts mocking MY original post. That’s it.

I appreciate that you apologized and said so in my reply.

But, getting all bent out of shape AT ME because I’m responding to these mocking troll posts and the primary instigators is a little ridiculous.

I was sharing something special to me and that I’ve OBVIOUSLY spent a lot of time developing. Posting humor to balance out the serious stuff is wonderful. It’s not like I don’t have a sense of humor. I have a problem with folks picking others’ creative efforts to get their laughs. As I’ve said, IT’S PATHETIC.

Kind of like posting a recorded song/jam and having it compared to a very cheesy old video game. It gets some laughs from others, but how does it make the poster feel? More likely to post anything else here ever again?

The trolls want to make the “poster” feel bad and derail threads. And, other musicians and artists here shouldn’t be posting “jokes” in response to someone’s music or art. It’s as lame as it gets imo, ymmv.

Serious wtf.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson ➡️
Can't take a joke huh? <deleted>
Awe look, Somebodyperson wants to take a stab. That’s really the best you could come up with?
Old 21st October 2018

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
< moderator message - can't we all just get along? hit the "report" button if you see something that's not ok (we have rules, see FAQ) thanks >
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle ➡️
I'm sorry you misunderstood a harmless joke and took it to be at your expense. I've stuck up for you before, but there is a pattern of taking it too personally here.

Most everyone here gets along as good friends, let's keep that harmony. The internet rubs me the wrong way at times too.
< deleted >

You want to characterize repeated harassing and trolling as me not being able to take a joke. That’s great Moonwhistle. Keep up the astute perception and discerning responses.

Last edited by Reptil; 21st October 2018 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: -
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil ➡️
< moderator message - can't we all just get along? hit the "report" button if you see something that's not ok (we have rules, see FAQ) thanks >
I did, Jan, several times. This is supposed to be a relaxing Sunday.

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory ➡️
Awe look, Somebodyperson wants to take a stab. That’s really the best you could come up with?
< Come on, man... Put people on "ignore" if you don't like them. Report posts that are in conflict with our forum rules. It's NOT your job to "correct" other people's opinions, if anyone tries to (seriously) derail this thread, he'll be thrown out, and it's also not your job to get into a forum brawl, which is what both of you are doing here. BEHAVE, PLEASE, GENTLEMEN? Thank you. >

Quote:
I did, Jan, several times. This is supposed to be a relaxing Sunday.

< then please don't get into a forum fight with someone. just count to ten and let it go. it's not worth it. >

Last edited by Reptil; 21st October 2018 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: -
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just get mad when people over react to silly things when some people go through real abuse everyday.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
If I may add my bit...

The Forum Rules / Posting Guidelines point 5 states that "fixing" quotes is a no-no, and I agree wholeheartedly with that as a general principle - that would be one way to piss me off as well. Modding the artwork of others in a quote surely falls under that too - something to think about, perhaps...

I know Maison, Knoch and S6T to be Good Guys™ and great contributors, none of who would knowingly want to ridicule or insult other good people.

Have a virtual round on me guys!

Moog One - old HUGE thread-emoji_u1f37b.svg.pngMoog One - old HUGE thread-emoji_u1f37b.svg.pngMoog One - old HUGE thread-emoji_u1f37b.svg.pngMoog One - old HUGE thread-emoji_u1f37b.svg.pngMoog One - old HUGE thread-emoji_u1f37b.svg.png

Edit: Ooops - ninja'd by an avalanche of postings and moderation while looking up T&Cs and beer mug graphics. The round is still on me though
Attached Images
Moog One - old HUGE thread-emoji_u1f37b.svg.png 
Old 21st October 2018
Lives for gear

At least the Zappa noise subsided momentarily.

Old 21st October 2018
We desperately need some Idyllic Idaho Posts

Help us Moogy One Kenobi Youre our only hope!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomjab ➡️
I wonder what serial number they need to sell to recover all the upfront costs.
If you include developer, designer, and engineer salaries for 5 years, that number is probably up there. Neither the electronics nor the software work could have been cheap.

Plus the punch/die and bend tooling for the case, silk screen setup, any injection molded parts (like mod wheels, I assume), whatever setup the woodworking team needs, any initial setup costs for PCBs, etc.

Then you get the per-unit costs like PCB fab and stuffing, in-house staff assembly, calibration, testing, parts shipment, store profit margin, etc.

It really adds up.

Pete
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Back on topic team

I hope it has some randomization tricks like probability trigs in the sequencer

And tricks like “step jump” to help with variations

And randomization options for synth parameters

Good idea ?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicncars ➡️
I deleted my post, because I thought it was stupid. But, if I happened to win the lottery, I’d definitely buy everyone in this thread a Moog One. What do you think the number is? 150? 300. After winning 1.6 billion dollars, spending 2-300,000 for a super synth, that many have been waiting for, for many years, is the least I could do, to help my fellow GSers.
I actually know of a lady who inherited millions and bought moogs for many bands that she liked!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch ➡️
My son:

My Friends:

Wait until your son hits tween/teen years. They get more expensive :P

I have a 10yo daughter and an almost-13yo son. Starting to feel the burn.

Pete
Deleted 99fffc3
Moog - Gearslutz is tearing itself apart in anticipation of this new synth of yours.

Please get The One to me pronto and I can create a cornucopia of demos for the fine lads & lasses of this forum. Your demos are lacking.

In the meantime I'll need to shamelessly promote other gear on my own channel until you deliver....

(Moog - on a serious note - there should be at least 50 audio-only, playing-only demos pre-prepared for an instrument such as this...)
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh ➡️
Back on topic team

Good idea ?
Yes please.

Ratchets
Random
Offset
reset modulation etc.

Basically take the M32 and sub37 sequencer and let them hump. We want that sequencer baby.
Quote:
Back on topic team

Good idea ?

I emailed moog to ask if there was a way to quantize the lfo S/H / Noise generator for generative random melody . they said not currently but they seemed keen to pass this reuqest to the engineering team for future implementation... That said any ideas/features you want , they seem really responsive on requests via the online ask a question at the website
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt ➡️
Hey Moog guys !
(i know you are monitoring this thread)
I have a suggestion for the next demo video.
Take the Memorymoog, program your best sounds on it, then recreate these sounds on the One.
This should shut up all those "oh, but it doesn't sound vintage enough" guys properly.
LOL. Moog could match the sounds exactly, and then stream it in a 32kbs mono MP3 format, and folks would still claim to hear a difference related to ancient capacitors or width of the tracks on a single-side board, or how much dust is on the rectifier on the power board, or something else.

I've seen that in action with other synths.

Pete
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Back on topic team

Good idea ?
Definitely, and probably no reason the sequencer won't develop over time even if these things aren't in place on day one. One of the things that really sold me on the Sub37 was when they added LFO swing (among other things) in a firmware update, it really showed the kind of thought and attention to detail that they put into their work.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I agree that 8-voices would be enough (one for bass, four for accompaniment, one for melody). Still, 16 voices would be nice to have to avoid voice stealing in the accompaniment.
That, and I already have some programming ideas for stacking a pair of 8 voice synths, for CS-80 types of sounds (using one oscillator per layer).
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlist1972 ➡️
If you include developer, designer, and engineer salaries for 5 years, that number is probably up there. Neither the electronics nor the software work could have been cheap.

Plus the punch/die and bend tooling for the case, silk screen setup, any injection molded parts (like mod wheels, I assume), whatever setup the woodworking team needs, any initial setup costs for PCBs, etc.

Then you get the per-unit costs like PCB fab and stuffing, in-house staff assembly, calibration, testing, parts shipment, store profit margin, etc.

It really adds up.

Pete
Great points.

It’s not like those folks aren’t working other products like the Mother-32, DFAM, and GM that had shorter development cycles which started bringing in positive revenue streams. But the One was a five year development so it had to be a huge commitment for a smaller company. I hope they make it back many times over. I want to see more new products and not reissues from Moog and others.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan G ➡️
We desperately need some Idyllic Idaho Posts

Help us Moogy One Kenobi Youre our only hope!
Hey everyone, let’s not argue in a place that was supposed to express our love for making music. I honestly believe that music is an incredible gift bestowed on us by our Creator, the universe, or whatever your beliefs are. Music is something so positive and important to our very souls, so let’s try and stay more positive here.

Peace and love and beautiful music making sent to the world from IDAHO!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle ➡️
Yes please.

Ratchets
Random
Offset
reset modulation etc.

Basically take the M32 and sub37 sequencer and let them hump. We want that sequencer baby.
Differing lengths per parameter channels/tracks
Old 21st October 2018
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
for the uptight in this thread I'd seriously suggest going and working on music, it's very therapeutic, 90% of my waking day is spent on music... which is why I can 'tolerate' being the butt of everyone's hate/wrath/jokes/insults/blocking and never start crying about it (never reported a post here in my life either but have had plenty of my own taken down for far less than I've endured or what I've seen others endured).

The poster in question recently multi quoted and proceeded to rip the piss out of some things I said, did I cry? did I demand mods witness my genius and take them to task? Nope, I ignored it. And that's REAL insults not some light hearted banter/good humored jokes about a granny synth set up (or w/e the **** that was meant to be - haven't bothered reading about it all as too busy and don't really care)

Had I been part of the great GS Clique then I'm sure I'd have had apologies for being offended and continually having the piss taken out of me for posting but instead I let it go because it's the friggin' internet.

Anything you post on the net is open to ridicule, a ****ing mock up of a room is no less a target than someone's (not saying who's) epic essay posts full of contradictory **** and a hint of near trolling (ok, I'm talking about myself here for the tiny handful of people who can still see my posts and haven't blocked me ) .

Difference is some of us suffer this stuff on here all the time and are alone with it (even the mods don't give AF and actually hate me just as much as the 40 posts a day dudes I figure), but had I been one of the popular ones I now realise I could have thrown my toys out of the pram and had everyone pity me instead of putting me on ignore (and me them)

The way this world works when you're prepared to schmooze and network is all kinds of phuqed up.

Esp as it leads evermore away from actual Moog One debate (the stuff pre-orderer's fear and the rest of us only visit here for)

Chill!
Old 22nd October 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I'm sorry, I was not aware your creative efforts were being mocked by others. I usually skim past posts that aren't interesting to me--and such posts would have definitely qualified for that distinction. So, again, I can only say that it was NOT my intention to mock you in any way. It was an innocent mistake. I was thinking purely in the abstract regarding that image. I was not thinking of string6theory.

In any case, I seriously regret having made that post now. It was a stupid thing to do as it has caused me to waste an entire evening feeling bad that I inadvertently hurt someone's feelings. It has also made me question the value of trying to interact with others in a community such as this. It is so full of minefields, I'm just not sure it's worth it.

So full of minefields. My god.
My last post on this...

I appreciate your posts on this forum and believe you maisinvague. You are one of the good guys (Mr Koch too).

I agree wrt the minefields.

How much more a minefield when one “risks” posting something they personally designed or developed (music/art/studio, etc) just to have forum worms mocking or making jokes about it, usually deliberately.

Imagine the open sharing that would take place here if everyone did what the wormy trolls do, or if all the non worms explicitly supported the worms doing what they do, by “loving” them and their trolling instead of denouncing it. Which is standing up for your fellow contributing forum members rather than undermining them & yourself in the long run.

It’s the old, “if it doesn’t effect or happen to me, why should I care or object” syndrome, which is very short sighted indeed.

Anyway, cheers, let’s follow the Dr’s lead and have a cold one! Take careful MV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice ➡️
If I may add my bit...

The Forum Rules / Posting Guidelines point 5 states that "fixing" quotes is a no-no, and I agree wholeheartedly with that as a general principle - that would be one way to piss me off as well. Modding the artwork of others in a quote surely falls under that too - something to think about, perhaps...

I know Maison, Knoch and S6T to be Good Guys™ and great contributors, none of who would knowingly want to ridicule or insult other good people.

Have a virtual round on me guys!

Edit: Ooops - ninja'd by an avalanche of postings and moderation while looking up T&Cs and beer mug graphics. The round is still on me though

As usual Dr Justice has the best sense of fairness and intelligent justice, and comes through with the appropriate breach of the forum rules (supporting a fellow contributing member) and then passes out a round for everyone!

Simply the best of the best of the best. Salute Dr. Justice, I love YOU man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil ➡️
< Come on, man... Put people on "ignore" if you don't like them. Report posts that are in conflict with our forum rules. It's NOT your job to "correct" other people's opinions, if anyone tries to (seriously) derail this thread, he'll be thrown out, and it's also not your job to get into a forum brawl, which is what both of you are doing here. BEHAVE, PLEASE, GENTLEMEN? Thank you. >

< then please don't get into a forum fight with someone. just count to ten and let it go. it's not worth it. >

So, here we go again Jan. If you don’t agree with what Dr. Justice just pointed out above wrt point 5, then what are these rules for? (Rhetorically asked )

If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?

If a troll trolls me, will I notice if he’s on ignore? Very possibly, if that troll’s post gets re-quoted by others not on ignore, which happened here. But, is that even the point?

Is is ok for pppch to re-make my original posted design with mocking crap images or is it not ok? How many times does this troll get to troll me and my posts, even after all the bs w’all just went through - all instigated by him?

Anyway, I know your job is a thankless one at times, Jan, so thank you for your consideration and cheers on me.

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro5 ➡️
for the uptight in this thread I'd seriously suggest going and working on music, it's very therapeutic, 90% of my waking day is spent on music... which is why I can 'tolerate' being the butt of everyone's hate/wrath/jokes/insults/blocking and never start crying about it (never reported a post here in my life either but have had plenty of my own taken down for far less than I've endured or what I've seen others endured).

The poster in question recently multi quoted and proceeded to rip the piss out of some things I said, did I cry? did I demand mods witness my genius and take them to task? Nope, I ignored it. And that's REAL insults not some light hearted banter/good humored jokes about a granny synth set up (or w/e the **** that was meant to be - haven't bothered reading about it all as too busy and don't really care)

Had I been part of the great GS Clique then I'm sure I'd have had apologies for being offended and continually having the piss taken out of me for posting but instead I let it go because it's the friggin' internet.

Anything you post on the net is open to ridicule, a ****ing mock up of a room is no less a target than someone's (not saying who's) epic essay posts full of contradictory **** and a hint of near trolling (ok, I'm talking about myself here for the tiny handful of people who can still see my posts and haven't blocked me ) .

Difference is some of us suffer this stuff on here all the time and are alone with it (even the mods don't give AF and actually hate me just as much as the 40 posts a day dudes I figure), but had I been one of the popular ones I now realise I could have thrown my toys out of the pram and had everyone pity me instead of putting me on ignore (and me them)

The way this world works when you're prepared to schmooze and network is all kinds of phuqed up.

Esp as it leads evermore away from actual Moog One debate (the stuff pre-orderer's fear and the rest of us only visit here for)

Chill!

Alright, one more...

I never reported anyone either... before pppch that is... and that only just started because the moderators insisted on multiple occasion that I do so (and pppch kept reporting my reply’s to him). So, I gave it a try here.

Put it this way... if pppch and I were face to face and toe to toe and he insulted me in a very uncivil, mocking manner, I would very likely respond, in some way that I felt was appropriate. That’s just my way.

As far as the rest of your babbling...

I was personally very surprised by your recent Prophet-6 sale post - and responded with a post containing a couple of your own recent posts praising the Prophet-6 as the best modern poly, etc. You were a literal Prophet-6 evengalist for a while, so it WAS sort of funny that you suddenly started denouncing it. This was the context of my first reply post to you Pro-5.

You’re now characterizing that as; “proceeded to rip the piss out of some things I said”... “And that's REAL insults not some light hearted banter/good humored jokes”.

You cannot be serious. Weren’t you, IN FACT, doing that to YOURSELF? The new You was ripping apart the previous You’s own posts on the P6 - and it WAS FUNNY.

There’s absolutely no equivalence here. You’re now just boasting and self congratulating as you normally do, with a misplaced “know it all” attitude that belies your fickle nature.

You wrote; “did I cry? did I demand mods witness my genius and take them to task? Nope, I ignored it.“

Uh, yes, you did “cry” and respond. Just now... with a big chip on your shoulder and a boatload of ego.

Back to our regularly scheduled ONE!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 ➡️
Hey everyone, let’s not argue in a place that was supposed to express our love for making music. I honestly believe that music is an incredible gift bestowed on us by our Creator, the universe, or whatever your beliefs are. Music is something so positive and important to our very souls, so let’s try and stay more positive here.

Peace and love and beautiful music making sent to the world from IDAHO!
Amen!! If we only understood just how good we all have it.

Hopefully my visitor that just showed up here is a good omen.....

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland4387 ➡️
Amen!! If we only understood just how good we all have it.

Hopefully my visitor that just showed up here is a good omen.....

..snip...
It would be an incredible omen if he was accompanied by a flying squirrel!

Last edited by Reptil; 22nd October 2018 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: -
Old 22nd October 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hey, guys and gals, don’t take stuff said on here too seriously, it’s just the internet!

Need more Moog One demos and less jibber jabber.

To all those who are currently quarreling here , if you must continue, take it somewhere else please, it really has nothing to do with this thread.
Old 22nd October 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Meanwhile in Sweden

Closed