Lives for gear

KORG Polysix Panorama Mod

Hi,

It is new information.
Polysix Pan Mod is sold as a kit.

Polysix Pan Mod, 33,50 €

I am using Prophet 600 Panorama mod.
It is a very enjoyable DIY kit.
Of course, this will be remodeling at your own risk.
I had a good experience using Panorama Mod for Prophet600.
You can obtain sound spreading, thickness, depth and rhythm.

Unfortunately I do not have Polysix, but I think that the user can feel a new world.I believe Polysix users are worth checking out this DIY kit.
Compared with the Prophet 600 Panorama Mod, this kit has fewer parts and costs lower.

prophet600-panorama-mod's Thread

My Experience for assembly of Prophet600 PAN MOD

Thank you!
Old 25th June 2018
Lives for gear

Is it compatible with the Kiwisix mod?
Old 26th June 2018
Lives for gear

That's awesome !
Im ordering one right now. Im curious if its compatible with the Kiwisix aswell, i think so but i would like to hear a confirmation.
Edit: As said in the manual: "The pure raw stereo signal is not influenced by the Polysix effect section" but the stereo output can be blend with the regular mono output with the effects. i can't even imagine how lush this would sound
Old 26th June 2018
Lives for gear

Cool mod. Looks like it's buffer amplifiers with pan pots tapped into each voice's VCA out before the voice mixer.

I bet nearly any analog polysynth could be modified in a similar manner.
Old 26th June 2018
Lives for gear

If you can, you to support Mr.Peter Kliegelhöfer through donation. His idea and skill are amazing.

Donation to the author
in the ordering area is a "donate" PayPal link
Polysix Pan Mod, 33,50 €

If you have a question, Please send PM to Pete66.
you can check him directly. He (Pete66) answers truly earnestly.
Old 26th June 2018
Lives for gear

I was wondering why they raised the price of the pre-built board a few weeks ago.
Old 26th June 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpro600k View Post
Hi,

It is new information.
Polysix Pan Mod is sold as a kit.

Polysix Pan Mod, 33,50 €

I am using Prophet 600 Panorama mod.
It is a very enjoyable DIY kit.
Of course, this will be remodeling at your own risk.
I had a good experience using Panorama Mod for Prophet600.
You can obtain sound spreading, thickness, depth and rhythm.

Unfortunately I do not have Polysix, but I think that the user can feel a new world.I believe Polysix users are worth checking out this DIY kit.
Compared with the Prophet 600 Panorama Mod, this kit has fewer parts and costs lower.

prophet600-panorama-mod's Thread

My Experience for assembly of Prophet600 PAN MOD

Thank you!
Thank you so much Jpro600k for this new thread,
I will try to help and answer questions as good as I can.

Kind regards,
Pete66
Old 26th June 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothing Sound View Post
Is it compatible with the Kiwisix mod?
Hello Soothing Sound,

Sorry I cannot judge (yet), do not have the Kiwisix mod and will need to check when time allows.

Kind regards,
Pete66
Old 26th June 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd Anju View Post
That's awesome !
Im ordering one right now. Im curious if its compatible with the Kiwisix aswell, i think so but i would like to hear a confirmation.
Edit: As said in the manual: "The pure raw stereo signal is not influenced by the Polysix effect section" but the stereo output can be blend with the regular mono output with the effects. i can't even imagine how lush this would sound
Hello Madd Anju,

Thanks for your interest in this mod.
It really sounds cool!
Already modded two Polysix from friends and they are quite happy with it.
Regarding coexistence with the Kiwisix mod I will need to check, as of today I do not know enough to make a judgement.

Kind regards,
Pete66
Old 26th June 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
Cool mod. Looks like it's buffer amplifiers with pan pots tapped into each voice's VCA out before the voice mixer.

I bet nearly any analog polysynth could be modified in a similar manner.
Hello kpatz,

Thank you.
Agree, the principle is quite simple and with some slight modification this pan board may be applicable to many more analog polysynths.
I spent quite an effort for the Prophet 600 as I wanted manual volume control for the stereo signal, and mute function during auto tune (both via VCA). Also auto tune needed to be fully supported with a separate path.
Approach for the Polysix could be kept more simple leading to a lower BoM.
Also integration is much easier.

Kind regards,
Pete66
Old 26th June 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
I was wondering why they raised the price of the pre-built board a few weeks ago.
Hi jazzcabbage,

There may be some misunderstanding.
Boards are not pre-built,
kit comes with unpopulated PCB and lose components.

Kind regards,
Pete66
Old 26th June 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete66 View Post
Hello Madd Anju,

Thanks for your interest in this mod.
It really sounds cool!
Already modded two Polysix from friends and they are quite happy with it.
Regarding coexistence with the Kiwisix mod I will need to check, as of today I do not know enough to make a judgement.

Kind regards,
Pete66
OK, quickly checked the Kiwisix manual and I'd say the Pan mod should be agnostic to the Kiwisix mod. Would be however nice to get this confirmed by a user who has both mods implemented.

Kind regards,
Pete66
Old 26th June 2018
Gear Maniac

With all of the mods available to the PolySix, it's starting to become quite the BEAST. I'm excited to look into this mod.
Old 26th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello Soothing Sound,

Sorry I cannot judge (yet), do not have the Kiwisix mod and will need to check when time allows.

Kind regards,
Pete66
I can test it if you want, just send me a unit
Old 26th June 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothing Sound View Post
I can test it if you want, just send me a unit
you may like to give it a try : kits are offered by an independent online shop...
Old 26th June 2018
Gear Addict

Oooh.

Just what my Ambikas need.
Old 27th June 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoerngiesler View Post
Oooh.

Just what my Ambikas need.
Should be applicable when the power supply is there (+/- 15V is needed). Only issue will be then integation of the pan mod board when you have the classic MI plastic case.

There is also a more simple stereo mod for Ambika where you can assign 3 voices for left and right each. Please see attached.

Kind regards,
Pete66
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ambika mod stereo.pdf (1.07 MB, 38 views)
Old 27th June 2018
Gear Addict

Yes, I've seen that one but found it too static; more flexible to use a small mixer and the Ambika's 6 single outs. This mod looks a lot better. However the Ambika uses +-5V and +-8V internally, no +-15... depending on the ground connection, one of -16V and +16V might be possible but not both, at least not without an inverter.
Old 28th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi jazzcabbage,

There may be some misunderstanding.
Boards are not pre-built,
kit comes with unpopulated PCB and lose components.

Kind regards,
Pete66
I fully understand that these new kits come unassembled. My point was that a couple weeks ago the fully assembled board they also sell was selling close to 10€ less. Now that these came out that price was increased.

They also charge VAT with shipping out of the EU at 2.90€. If you ask them to remove the VAT they will but then it would cost 28€ to ship it?

This mod basically does a stereo spread effect without the need to carry around a stereo or chorus effect unit. I don’t ever plan on taking a 35 year old synth on the road with me so I’ll pass.
Old 28th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
This mod basically does a stereo spread effect without the need to carry around a stereo or chorus effect unit. .
No, stereo physically panned voices is totally different than a chorus or a stereo spreader unit.
I don't understand people complaining about the price of a homemade kit for a 35yo synth, made by a obviously synth lover, that cost 33euros. He probably make no or very little money out of it.
Old 28th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
He probably make no or very little money out of it.
With business practices like that I can see why.
Old 28th June 2018
Lives for gear

Because you like instruments, I think you are here.

Quote:
With business practices like that I can see why.
Let's talk about music and instruments!

I think that there is no doubt that you can feel the opportunity and inspiration for making new songs, enjoying playing, receiving inspiration from this kit.
I think it is a loss to live without knowing its pleasures.
The act of just criticizing without doing it is not fun.
The pleasure of assembling by oneself and the pleasure when it works is exceptional. I can not replace to anything it.

It may be unnecessary if you just make music mechanically.
It is not a high price but a low price, the music you make changes depending on whether you can passion.

Because you like instruments, I think you are here.

Old 28th June 2018
Lives for gear

I want to order a kit now but do you ship to Japan? i can't find the shipping cost for Japan on the website..
Old 28th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I want to order a kit now but do you ship to Japan? i can't find the shipping cost for Japan on the website..
If you need speed and tracking available, you can choose DHL for shipping method.
It is a select system in the flow of purchase procedure.
It will be displayed in the purchase procedure.
However, it will be a shipping cost close to the price of this Pan Mod products.

you can also select shipping by regular international mail.
However, tracking is impossible and it takes time.

But You really want it and You want to assemble it quickly.
I can understand that.
Old 28th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
https://www.musikding.de/docs/kliege..._MOD_v051E.pdf

Please spend some time watching this manual carefully until your package arrives.
Old 28th June 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
I fully understand that these new kits come unassembled. My point was that a couple weeks ago the fully assembled board they also sell was selling close to 10€ less. Now that these came out that price was increased.

They also charge VAT with shipping out of the EU at 2.90€. If you ask them to remove the VAT they will but then it would cost 28€ to ship it?

This mod basically does a stereo spread effect without the need to carry around a stereo or chorus effect unit. I don’t ever plan on taking a 35 year old synth on the road with me so I’ll pass.
Just to clarify: "Das Musikding" never sold fully assembled pan mod boards, only D.I.Y. kits. The price for a Prophet 600 pan mod kit recently increased by 5,- €.

Last edited by Pete66; 28th June 2018 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: Correct currency symbol
Old 28th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Polysix Pan Mod 1 33,50 EUR
including 19% VAT., plus
DHL Parcel 1 28,00 EUR

Please check this.
Shipping costs

Old 28th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpro600k View Post
Polysix Pan Mod 1 33,50 EUR
including 19% VAT., plus
DHL Parcel 1 28,00 EUR

Please check this.
Shipping costs

Ok got it thanks !
Old 28th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just to clarify: "Das Musikding" never sold fully assembled pan mod boards, only D.I.Y. kits. The price for a Prophet 600 pan mod kit recently increased by 5,- €.
I stand corrected. 6€ increase on the P600 kit was 48€. Charging people VAT to ship outside the EU is illegal, requiring people to pay 28€ shipping if they request it to be dropped is just bad business practice. Extortion would be a better word. Is this your online shop Pete?
Old 29th June 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
I stand corrected. 6€ increase on the P600 kit was 48€. Charging people VAT to ship outside the EU is illegal, requiring people to pay 28€ shipping if they request it to be dropped is just bad business practice. Extortion would be a better word. Is this your online shop Pete?
Hi jazzcabbage,

No, it is not my online shop, completey independent.
You can find all legal details under "Impressum" on their web site. If you have any questions you may align with the shop owner directly.

As a passionate synthesizer lover I designed the pan board and shared all info with the shop owner to form a productive kit. This was to enable other users to enjoy the experience of building a board and to make use of new sound possibilities. From my side this is a pure hobbyist project and I am making no profit with it.

Regarding kit price:

Price of the kit used to be from the beginning 49,- € plus tax and shipping.
I bought a kit 29 Nov 2017 and paid in total 52,90 €. The below information is directly taken from the bill. Shipment was within Germany. I have no insight in shipping cost and tax regulation for other countries therefore cannot comment. Again, in case of any questions please consult the shop owner.

Sehr geehrter Herr (...),

vielen Dank für Ihre Bestellung bei Das Musikding.

Ihre Bestellung mit Bestellnummer 90020 umfasst folgende Positionen:

Prophet 600 Pan Mod (2119)
1 49,00 EUR 49,00 EUR
DHL Paket 1 3,90 EUR
inkl. 19% USt.: 8,45 EUR
Gesamtsumme: 52,90 EUR

As said before, the price for the kit used to be 49,- € and increased recently by 5,- € to now 54,- €.

Kind regards,
Pete66
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search