The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Goldbaby vs Wave Alchemy Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 14th June 2018
Here for the gear

Goldbaby vs Wave Alchemy

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to know your oppinions on those two fabolous sample brands. I often can‘t decide which one I like more.

Wave Alchemy is so punchy and modern and goldbaby has all the vintage phatness over it...

Just wanted to hear what you guys like most?
Old 14th June 2018
Wave alchemy and Samples from Mars feed my MPC.

Other than Super Analog, and the freebies, I dont think I own any other goldbaby samples. I always think WA and SfM are less processed or offer more dry versions, or I like the processing more. Id agree with punchy v fat...if it came down to two words
Old 14th June 2018
Here for the gear

Yeah super analog 808 is one of my alltime favourites!
To me wave alchemy always sounds more processed to my ears than goldbaby samples, do you think differently?
Wave alchemy sounds like really using hardware to let things stand up straight in a mix to me...

Yeah samples from mars is also good, but I have to admit I like the 2 mentioned just a tiny bit more, like modern classics
Old 14th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley1492 View Post
Yeah super analog 808 is one of my alltime favourites!
To me wave alchemy always sounds more processed to my ears than goldbaby samples, do you think differently?
well the WA libraries I have all contain dry samples that sound v dry...Goldbaby seem thick and gooey in comparison. I almost think WA = electronic music, GB = hip hop..just to simplify it

I cant imagine GB releasing Synth Drums (on sale "again" for $1!!!) or the SYS 100 library, another favourite.
Old 15th June 2018
Gear Addict

Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

All threee are great, I haven’t purchased much Gold Baby stuff except i have the Maschine versions and some of their free versions, Wave Alchemy I have all of their drum stuff and Samples From MArs I purchased the everything bundle and have yet to scratched the surface (I had to buy another SSD as it was over 100GB of Samples!
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

Man.....ive been missing out on all these fab sample packs and using some dodgy random samples that ended up in my downloads.Ive gptta up my game.I only need a few samples to get s groove going but maybe ive been limiting myself.

edit-btw are those samples really from marz?Sounds interesting....
Old 15th June 2018
Here for the gear

Yeah goldbaby initially is hip hop but i think it‘s also veryy useful in house/techno. Good fat processed 808 kick oneshots.
But still to me it always sounds like dynamically wise wa seems quite a bit more processed than gb are you of different opinion here?
Old 15th June 2018
Here for the gear

All the smf and wa stuff thats quite some drums!
Old 15th June 2018
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search