The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for those lead sounds/samples! Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Looking for those lead sounds/samples!

I am looking for software instruments/samples/ways to get close or similiar sounds like those:

YouTube
From 0:00

YouTube
From 1:10
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

Vengeance Sound

The first sound - the same kind of pluck sound that's been done to death after Ed Sheeran's Shape Of You - can really be made with anything. What do you already have?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

I was thinking of the lead sound, not pluck. For me it sounds like a processed vocal sample, but maybe there is another way to get this sound through massive for example?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

You can make those from scratch in Logic.

Just sounds like squeezing a munchkin's nuts to me.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinJacobsson View Post
For me it sounds like a processed vocal sample, but maybe there is another way to get this sound through massive for example?
Processing vocals is many, many times easier than trying to mimic that via Massive. Output Exhale contains a whole set of processed vocals already, but usually you let the singer do their thing, and then cut and transpose what they sang, and timestretch is your friend.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
Processing vocals is many, many times easier than trying to mimic that via Massive. Output Exhale contains a whole set of processed vocals already, but usually you let the singer do their thing, and then cut and transpose what they sang, and timestretch is your friend.
That's what I thought, most people are recording the vocals for the track, then cut out samples and edit them.

Here is another question. Could you recommend any good samples/software instruments to get a good bass sound? Often I need a real bass sound playing 8ths with half open/damped strings, and it takes time to always contace a bassplayer and wait for them to record and then send me the files. And if you have any nice bass presets for massive (modern pop) I would gladely recieve them in my inbox!
Old 1 day ago
Gear Guru

Last edited by Yoozer; 1 day ago at 11:07 AM..
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

For electric bass MODO from IK multimedia is hard to beat. It beats all the sampled basses for those repeating 8th notes basslines.
Old 15 hours ago
Gear Maniac

I appreciate your answers! I've heard about Trilian before, but not the other ones so thank you!
Old 9 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinJacobsson View Post
That's what I thought, most people are recording the vocals for the track, then cut out samples and edit them.

Here is another question. Could you recommend any good samples/software instruments to get a good bass sound? Often I need a real bass sound playing 8ths with half open/damped strings, and it takes time to always contace a bassplayer and wait for them to record and then send me the files. And if you have any nice bass presets for massive (modern pop) I would gladely recieve them in my inbox!
I have this one, I really like it:

KVR: Hardcore Bass XP by EastWest - Sound Module VST Plugin, Audio Units Plugin, DirectX Plugin and RTAS Plugin
Old 8 minutes ago
Gear Maniac

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search