The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PULSAR-23 Organismic Drum Machine Rackmount Synthesizers
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

PULSAR-23 Organismic Drum Machine

so nasty i feel sick

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I think I need this
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

All those alligator clips make me think of weird things i can possibly do with this drum machine
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

That is awesomeness. Well done! Did you use any particular plan building this or just bash some circuits together? It's cool.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Finally an interesting new take on analogue drum synthesis. Plenty of punch and boomy low-end too.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut
A genius design and absolutely mental sounding. I thought that the Lyra was interesting, but this is truly inspired.
Target price will be around €1500. Ouch, but fair enough.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Is it me or most of the rhythms sound a bit out of time ? The drum sounds themselves are awesome though.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbleraptor View Post
A genius design and absolutely mental sounding. I thought that the Lyra was interesting, but this is truly inspired.
Target price will be around €1500. Ouch, but fair enough.
I that's in line with Metasonix's drum machine D1000. Yet this is more expressive.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

This has impressed me more than any other gear release this year.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysander View Post
Is it me or most of the rhythms sound a bit out of time ? The drum sounds themselves are awesome though.
There's no sequencer, just four audio loopers. Or maybe it's recording and looping the trigger cvs themselves? It's not clear from the video.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xamatsni View Post
There's no sequencer, just four audio loopers. Or maybe it's recording and looping the trigger cvs themselves? It's not clear from the video.
Yeah I figured that was why as well. I think the lack of sequencer or at least a proper clock + dividers is a mistake.
Unless it is actually there but then I don't get why it all sounds a bit messy rhythmically.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Yeah I figured that was why as well. I think the lack of sequencer or at least a proper clock + dividers is a mistake.
Unless it is actually there but then I don't get why it all sounds a bit messy rhythmically.
It's an interesting idea but yeah I imagine it will limit its popularity among the people who generally use drum machines.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

you guys can (most likely) already do all this with what you have now.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Badass!!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

This company is killing it. The Lyra-8 is badass and I love mine.

Preordered!
Old 5 days ago
Kja
Lives for gear
Ohh goawd... I need this in my life.. This is my drum machine, this is the kinda beats I'm into.. Like a pocket operator and a 808 had a baby!
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
The specs say that clock plus dividers are present and integral to making rhythms. I think the internal fx make it sound messy.

The loopers can be clocked individually if you really want to go nuts
Old 7 hours ago
dtp
Gear Head

Madness, pure madness, I tell you! One of the more unusual and interesting designs I've seen. I'm in.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search