The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Our house is your house - post your house tracks here! Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

My latest track, made with Reaper and free plugins (except for Sonimus Satson).

I will send it to mastering soon, this is the home mastered version.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Some really nice tracks in this thread. Thanks all for posting.

Here's a colab with Storm9000. He's mostly on the the iPad with Korg Gadget. I'm mostly in Logic with a Virus Snow.

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfunkel View Post
My latest track, made with Reaper and free plugins (except for Sonimus Satson).

I will send it to mastering soon, this is the home mastered version.
Holy cr*p - I hope your mastering engineer has heard of the loudness wars, that nearly blew up my monitors!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yeh I got a bit carried away with the 2bus limiting there... The version I sent to mastering doesn't have that of course.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Nro - Dark Place (original mix) by Dj Nro | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Is it house? I have difficulty defining genres today...
Bassline is U-he Repro 1, the glitchy starting pad is Ensoniq Eps 16 plus with homemade transwaves, Drums are made with Arturia SparkLE and there's some Deepmind 12, U-he Diva and other vsti's sparkled here and there. The vocals are from a sample pack I downloaded...
I used a Klark Teknik Eqp-kt EQ in the mastering phase plus Waves Ssl compressor the Toneboosters limiter + Melda eq
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
I should probably learn how to embed this...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Hi there, i #Jamuary jamed the whole last month and some of those jams were house jams.
here is one :

Do you think i should turn it into a proper track ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by routine View Post
Hi there, i #Jamuary jamed the whole last month and some of those jams were house jams.
here is one :

Do you think i should turn it into a proper track ?
I say you should. Got a solid foundation there, like a really dirty piece of mid 2000s Disco House on an old Hed Kandi album.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Got two unfinished tracks sitting in my projects folder that I really need to finish.

First is a random minimal Jam.
TB03, TR8. Main stabs are a Casio CZ-1 through the Fruity Love Filter and an EQ shift.

Second is a purely soft-synth production. Not really sure where I'm going with this one.

I've not looked at the project in a while, but IIRC, the bassline was done with the TAL Noisemaker.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Dunno if this is ready or not, but my ears are tired and so am I.

edit: took the illegal vox sample out as I couldn't use it anyway on a release. Also some other improvements, including shortening it to radio friendly 10 minute length.

Edit: shortened it by a minute and stuff.

Edit: New, improved version

Last edited by Barfunkel; 1 week ago at 06:27 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

actually i like it a lot !
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
actually i like it a lot !
Thanks!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by benanderson89 View Post
I say you should. Got a solid foundation there, like a really dirty piece of mid 2000s Disco House on an old Hed Kandi album.
Have never heard of Hedkandi. Thanks !
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Have never heard of Hedkandi. Thanks !
It was Mat Doyle's record label as an accompaniment to Jazz FM (bizarrely). If you go digging for them, get any album before Summer/Winter 2006. After that they were owned by Ministry of Sound and boy, did they get real ****, real fast!

The Disco Heaven range is my favourite. Disco Heaven 01.05 is a personal favourite.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.dot View Post
Some really nice tracks in this thread. Thanks all for posting.

Here's a colab with Storm9000. He's mostly on the the iPad with Korg Gadget. I'm mostly in Logic with a Virus Snow.

That's really nice
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I like the track vibe and the flow . It just seems to distort a little bit, maybe because of premastering or something?

Quote:

edit: took the illegal vox sample out as I couldn't use it anyway on a release. Also some other improvements, including shortening it to radio friendly 10 minute length.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I don't know if you would call it "House" - but thats my interpretation. Slow/Deep House - Mixing-Preview with Ozone-Mastering (and i boosted the mids too much)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapro View Post
That's really nice
Many thanks! ☺️
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcecil88 View Post
One of my deep house tracks which I've had good feedback on,enjoyed making this track and people seem to like it so I'm happy with that :-) happy listening!

Feels Good by Robert Cecil | Free Listening on SoundCloud
I liked this one. Nice 80's sound to it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

What is house?!

Slammed it through AirWindows IronOxide to give it that tape feel but think I overdid it

First cut, first time I've turned my TR-909 and JD-990 on in a while, glad I did. CZ-101 also gets a look in, SH-101 on the bassline, JX-8P doing what it does best on the strings

Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Thanks man for listening glad you liked it
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Here's a dreamy little number I dreamed up the other day

Mixed in Reaper with drums sampled from a Roland Jdxi. Bass, pads, etc are mostly Uhe synths with gratuitous processing.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

do we have to watch a little tree getting brutalised ? :- (
i had to skip to the end to see if the tree suvived.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
do we have to watch a little tree getting brutalised ? :- (
i had to skip to the end to see if the tree suvived.
Haha, if you think that is brutal you should see what happens after he gets the tree down. Watch Ingmar Bergmans 'The Virgin Spring' to learn more.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

yeah you got me there: i can't stand those depressive ingmar bergman films.
so what, he murders a tree gratuitously, (and than what)?
nothing to detract from your tune of course

(i might go and do the same thing symbolically to a vintage boring synthesizer later)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Got a house music made but where not liking the result and than try it on slow speed and got a weak spot for trying out different speeds on cassette deck . Now it is slowed by half and you-tube can play double speed for normal speed

Gear used , Eminent 310 , Korg m1/Volca bass/ wsad / Yamaha TG33/PSR 313 , Boss DR550 and recorded and lsowed down on Yamaha MT400 .

Old 4 days ago
TNC
Lives for gear

--
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
Hello! Ok, I'm not sure if it's qualified as house music but you tell me if it does please. All done with the Monomachine plus plugin effects. Any comments are welcome but I especially want to hear about the mixing and how it sounds on your monitors. Thank you.
Just an observation

Before thinking about the mix i would asses the timings.

To me the delay time of the synth isn't in the same groove as the bass pattern and the slight almost off the beat feel of the clap makes the whole thing a bit disjointed, rather than cohesive if that makes sense. The synth stabs and bass are trying to tell the story in 2 totally different ways rather than working together as 1. Add the slight off feel of the clap (which is cool when done right) it feels like the whole thing doesn't quite gel.

It sort of sounds like you've bounced each element into a DAW and they are slightly out of time with each other.

The clap sounds a bit too keen
The bass sound very urgent and keen to get there before the clap
The synth sounds stoned

Does that make sense ? They are all doing different things but too much. I could be wrong, it's Friday and its been a long week haha
Old 4 days ago
TNC
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 View Post
Just an observation

Before thinking about the mix i would asses the timings.

To me the delay time of the synth isn't in the same groove as the bass pattern and the slight almost off the beat feel of the clap makes the whole thing a bit disjointed, rather than cohesive if that makes sense. The synth stabs and bass are trying to tell the story in 2 totally different ways rather than working together as 1. Add the slight off feel of the clap (which is cool when done right) it feels like the whole thing doesn't quite gel.

It sort of sounds like you've bounced each element into a DAW and they are slightly out of time with each other.

The clap sounds a bit too keen
The bass sound very urgent and keen to get there before the clap
The synth sounds stoned

Does that make sense ? They are all doing different things but too much. I could be wrong, it's Friday and its been a long week haha
What I do is, because I have one audio input, I record each track one by one. I sync them by externally syncing Ableton to the Monomachine so even if there is a delay each time it triggers Ableton to start recording, you can see where the recording starts and pull the audio clip back at the start of the sequence. if I'm not mistaken, each recording should be triggered right when it receives the play command from the Monomachine after the delay. So if there is any delay, it is the space between zero and where the recording (audio clip) starts, right? By the way when recording this track, each audio clip started recording right at the beginning, at point zero, so I assumed there was no delay when recording each track?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search