The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Elektron Overbridge 2
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by login View Post
They have so slow with this that apple keeps moving the goal posts, poor guys must feel horrible to have a working version just to apple to come with a new OS and **** things up...again.

I don't think the trend of OS updates by Apple is sustainable for HW and SW developers of the audio industry. I wouldn't be surprised if they stop supporting MacOS.
The documentation is there, long before a public release date, and for that matter - the underlying audio technology does not change nearly as quickly as claimed, and might be slightly longer-lived than the corresponding Windows implementation.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
"Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private."
The link doesnt work for me ... :(
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsun View Post
Am I the only one that can't download the beta or get to the page ? If someone has any idea where I can get that, it would be appreciated.
Create an Elektronauts account.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever View Post
The documentation is there, long before a public release date, and for that matter - the underlying audio technology does not change nearly as quickly as claimed, and might be slightly longer-lived than the corresponding Windows implementation.
If that's is true it doesn't show, developers are always catching up with Mac OS updates, recommending not to upgrade. That doesn't happens in Windows.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

It's like we live in a universe where having a partitioned hard drive is not a thing. I am fantastically unsavy when it comes to computers, but even I was able to dual boot my wife's desktop. Just pick an OS that works, carve off part of your hard drive, and enjoy your time capsule. Sheesh
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by login View Post
If that's is true it doesn't show, developers are always catching up with Mac OS updates, recommending not to upgrade. That doesn't happens in Windows.
With all due respect, deferring to a lack of knowledge on my part as to your own professional experience, it most definitely happens in Windows (10) from build to build. In some cases, the actual build number isn't right or is not presented as a viable target to Visual Studio (e.g., Windows 10 Version 1909, aka 19H2 - what a clusterfk), which makes dependency management a nightmare.

The same does not occur as frequently on macOS where, provided that (as a developer) one is vigilant not to make use of deprecated APIs at the start of a project, the experience is significantly more smooth.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
"Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private."
The link doesnt work for me ... :(
You need to create an account on Elektronauts and then go to that link.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
You need to create an account on Elektronauts and then go to that link.
Thanks, I had an Elktron Account but not Elektronauts

Now I got to figure out why I have low output levels when recording audio over USB with Reason ...

At least it kinda works ...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks, I had an Elktron Account but not Elektronauts

Now I got to figure out why I have low output levels when recording audio over USB with Reason ...

At least it kinda works ...
Levels can be low in Overbridge, but you can just raise them up. There is no real noise floor. I had that with the Digitakt in Ableton. With the Analog RYTM, the levels are good.

Shouldn't be an issue.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
Levels can be low in Overbridge, but you can just raise them up. There is no real noise floor. I had that with the Digitakt in Ableton. With the Analog RYTM, the levels are good.

Shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering if this was coming from Reason.

Speaking of Reason, has anyone else tried to use it with Overbridge ?

I find that the way to record individual tracks is pretty cumbersome since you need to create a mix channel for each track then enable recording for each and finally route each track to an audio track so you can record it.

I am using reason 10 so maybe this got fixed later ?

In the end it works, but this is far from "seemless".
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering if this was coming from Reason.

Speaking of Reason, has anyone else tried to use it with Overbridge ?

I find that the way to record individual tracks is pretty cumbersome since you need to create a mix channel for each track then enable recording for each and finally route each track to an audio track so you can record it.

I am using reason 10 so maybe this got fixed later ?

In the end it works, but this is far from "seemless".
I have not but I’d search Elektronauts for that. I think OB is most stable with Ableton, but thats just a guess. It’s been very solid for me in that, so I have not tried it in any other DAWs.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Could someone with an Analog RYTM Mk1 and Overbridge advise on something?
I'm all about the tightness with drum machines, and the RYTM in standalone mode sounds tight.
When syncing to clock from Ableton - is it any different? Or is it just as tight?

Planning on using it with Overbridge, but am only going to pick one up if the timing is the same using it slaved to MIDI clock as it is when its the master.

https://www.innerclocksystems.com/litmus suggests

Sync Slave - MIDI Clock

> Audio Out Jitter - 32 samples (0.67ms)
> Start Latency - 152 samples (3.17ms

But not sure how this translates in the real world.

Thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search