The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Elektron Overbridge 2
Old 26th March 2020
  #691
Quote:
"Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private."
The link doesnt work for me ... :(
Old 26th March 2020
  #692
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsun View Post
Am I the only one that can't download the beta or get to the page ? If someone has any idea where I can get that, it would be appreciated.
Create an Elektronauts account.
Old 26th March 2020
  #693
Lives for gear
 
login's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever View Post
The documentation is there, long before a public release date, and for that matter - the underlying audio technology does not change nearly as quickly as claimed, and might be slightly longer-lived than the corresponding Windows implementation.
If that's is true it doesn't show, developers are always catching up with Mac OS updates, recommending not to upgrade. That doesn't happens in Windows.
Old 26th March 2020
  #694
Lives for gear
 
cogsy's Avatar
 

It's like we live in a universe where having a partitioned hard drive is not a thing. I am fantastically unsavy when it comes to computers, but even I was able to dual boot my wife's desktop. Just pick an OS that works, carve off part of your hard drive, and enjoy your time capsule. Sheesh
Old 26th March 2020
  #695
Lives for gear
 
daviddever's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by login View Post
If that's is true it doesn't show, developers are always catching up with Mac OS updates, recommending not to upgrade. That doesn't happens in Windows.
With all due respect, deferring to a lack of knowledge on my part as to your own professional experience, it most definitely happens in Windows (10) from build to build. In some cases, the actual build number isn't right or is not presented as a viable target to Visual Studio (e.g., Windows 10 Version 1909, aka 19H2 - what a clusterfk), which makes dependency management a nightmare.

The same does not occur as frequently on macOS where, provided that (as a developer) one is vigilant not to make use of deprecated APIs at the start of a project, the experience is significantly more smooth.
Old 26th March 2020
  #696
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsun View Post
"Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private."
The link doesnt work for me ... :(
You need to create an account on Elektronauts and then go to that link.
Old 27th March 2020
  #697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
You need to create an account on Elektronauts and then go to that link.
Thanks, I had an Elktron Account but not Elektronauts

Now I got to figure out why I have low output levels when recording audio over USB with Reason ...

At least it kinda works ...
Old 27th March 2020
  #698
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsun View Post
Thanks, I had an Elktron Account but not Elektronauts

Now I got to figure out why I have low output levels when recording audio over USB with Reason ...

At least it kinda works ...
Levels can be low in Overbridge, but you can just raise them up. There is no real noise floor. I had that with the Digitakt in Ableton. With the Analog RYTM, the levels are good.

Shouldn't be an issue.
Old 27th March 2020
  #699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
Levels can be low in Overbridge, but you can just raise them up. There is no real noise floor. I had that with the Digitakt in Ableton. With the Analog RYTM, the levels are good.

Shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering if this was coming from Reason.

Speaking of Reason, has anyone else tried to use it with Overbridge ?

I find that the way to record individual tracks is pretty cumbersome since you need to create a mix channel for each track then enable recording for each and finally route each track to an audio track so you can record it.

I am using reason 10 so maybe this got fixed later ?

In the end it works, but this is far from "seemless".
Old 28th March 2020
  #700
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsun View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering if this was coming from Reason.

Speaking of Reason, has anyone else tried to use it with Overbridge ?

I find that the way to record individual tracks is pretty cumbersome since you need to create a mix channel for each track then enable recording for each and finally route each track to an audio track so you can record it.

I am using reason 10 so maybe this got fixed later ?

In the end it works, but this is far from "seemless".
I have not but I’d search Elektronauts for that. I think OB is most stable with Ableton, but thats just a guess. It’s been very solid for me in that, so I have not tried it in any other DAWs.
Old 31st March 2020
  #701
Gear Maniac
 

Could someone with an Analog RYTM Mk1 and Overbridge advise on something?
I'm all about the tightness with drum machines, and the RYTM in standalone mode sounds tight.
When syncing to clock from Ableton - is it any different? Or is it just as tight?

Planning on using it with Overbridge, but am only going to pick one up if the timing is the same using it slaved to MIDI clock as it is when its the master.

https://www.innerclocksystems.com/litmus suggests

Sync Slave - MIDI Clock

> Audio Out Jitter - 32 samples (0.67ms)
> Start Latency - 152 samples (3.17ms

But not sure how this translates in the real world.

Thanks
Old 12th April 2020
  #702
Gear Maniac
 

I`m looking for a workflow advise: curently i`m playing arround with the digitakt with all channels into my macbook.I want only the FX on Stereo Out and the instruments on the other 8 channels.Works good so far besides:

The signal level are relative quite,no matter what i try.or how i route it (i.e. back into the digitakt etc.).Macbook vol is on maximum everwhere.Anyone having similar results?

Second thing i want to archieve:i want to live record all 10 tracks into 10 seperate audio tracks at once in Logic.Any idea what woud be the easiest/quickest way?
I have the stereo Track in Logic and 8 AUX channels for the subs but the only way i see for now is sending the 10 tracks into 10 Busses and use them as source for 10 audio tracks.This could/should work but is a little cumbersome.Any other ideas or do i overlook something?

edit:nevermind,i found the perfect thread for my second question on elektronauts

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/recor...logic/116879/9
Old 15th April 2020
  #703
afa
Gear Maniac
 
afa's Avatar
 

Old 15th April 2020
  #704
Lives for gear
 

Quick question:

Can anyone confirm they have the following two setups working? (basically I am still using 1.0 which works for me)

Overbridge 2 + Mac OS Mojave + Analog Heat Mk1
Overbridge 2 + Mac OS Catalina + Analog Heat Mk1
Old 15th April 2020
  #705
Lives for gear
 
markodarko's Avatar
 

Excellent news. Well done everyone involved.
Old 15th April 2020
  #706
Here for the gear
 

Any cautionary tales on buying a Rytm MK2 now? Plan on only using Overbridge for individual outs.
Old 15th April 2020
  #707
Now that Overbridge is out I wonder is they resolved the low level from using multitracks.
I really hope so.
Old 15th April 2020
  #708
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatwhatwhat View Post
Any cautionary tales on buying a Rytm MK2 now? Plan on only using Overbridge for individual outs.
I am on PC and have that exact setup. OB to AR MKII records the outs plus sends solid clock from it to the rest of my hardware. Its been great.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsun View Post
Now that Overbridge is out I wonder is they resolved the low level from using multitracks.
I really hope so.
I think it matters what machine you have. Digitakt I have read is still low level. the AR MK2 is perfect, peaks at -6.
Old 15th April 2020
  #709
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
I am on PC and have that exact setup. OB to AR MKII records the outs plus sends solid clock from it to the rest of my hardware. Its been great.
Thanks, appreciate your reply. I should have mentioned I'm using Ableton 10. What DAW are you using Overbridge with?
Old 15th April 2020
  #710
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatwhatwhat View Post
Thanks, appreciate your reply. I should have mentioned I'm using Ableton 10. What DAW are you using Overbridge with?
Same exact thing. You should be good to go. It's awesome having a hardware drum machine that can record jitter free into your DAW.
Old 15th April 2020
  #711
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
Same exact thing. You should be good to go. It's awesome having a hardware drum machine that can record jitter free into your DAW.
Nice, thank you. Thanks for your previous posts as well. Good to hear from someone who has used these for a while.
Old 15th April 2020
  #712
Lives for gear
 

Its official

I was starting to lose hope

Time to celebrate

Maybe buy an overhub while I'm at it!
Old 16th April 2020
  #713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab View Post
I think it matters what machine you have. Digitakt I have read is still low level. the AR MK2 is perfect, peaks at -6.
I have the digitone and have low level on widows 10 with Reason studio 10 so It maybe dependent on set up but it is far from being limited to one device or OS.

I need to try it out again but at this point I fear if it doesn't work it won't anytime soon.
Old 16th April 2020
  #714
Gear Nut
 
kristiab's Avatar
Works like a charm. I’ve had success in using MIDI to each track on the A4/Rytm Mk1 and this works really well, but I’m not using the onboard sequencers with Overbridge at all. I’m sure you can still use the onboard sequencer and program changes to change patterns, but it seems a bit convulated with this workflow
Old 16th April 2020
  #715
Lives for gear
 

External sequencing means you lose access to sound locks and slide trigs though right? But DAW automation can do stuff that you cant pull off with the internal sequencer. Both methods have their advantages I guess.
Old 17th April 2020
  #716
Gear Nut
 
kristiab's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c View Post
External sequencing means you lose access to sound locks and slide trigs though right? But DAW automation can do stuff that you cant pull off with the internal sequencer. Both methods have their advantages I guess.
To me, the advantages of the supersweet plugin UI and DAW automation with MIDI sequencing have too many advantages then using the onboard sequencer, but Overbridge lets you easily do both so it’s really just a matter of what you prefer. The elektron boxes are just treated as sweet-sounding sound modules really in my setup
Old 4 weeks ago
  #717
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Ok so downloaded OB V2, seems to work really well on my old cheese-grater using macOS 10.13.6, thing is I have a rather large multitrack USB mixer that I love using for all my synths, the OB control panel said I should not use the analog outs into DAW and use audio thru USB straight into OB plug in. I don't want that cause my mac is set up as using the mixer as my audio interface, so I'm using overbridge MV plug in as a librarian/controller mostly, seems to work, not fully sure what I'm doing yet still working my way around it but...

If I use the Elektron Overhub USB hub and plug my analog keys and USB mixer into it can I still access the 22 mixer chans through the overhub..therefore I can set up my mac to see Overhub as audio interface or not..?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #718
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
People using multiple USB devices with computers, how is it done.? are you changing audio devices in DAW preferences when you want to, or don't say it,.. creating aggregate devices ? tried that its so crap.. is there a device that allows you to plug in..
Virus USB,
Analog keys USB,
mixer USB

and still be able to see those individual device tracks by selecting it in DAW audio device prefs..?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #719
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever View Post
With all due respect, deferring to a lack of knowledge on my part as to your own professional experience, it most definitely happens in Windows (10) from build to build. In some cases, the actual build number isn't right or is not presented as a viable target to Visual Studio (e.g., Windows 10 Version 1909, aka 19H2 - what a clusterfk), which makes dependency management a nightmare.

The same does not occur as frequently on macOS where, provided that (as a developer) one is vigilant not to make use of deprecated APIs at the start of a project, the experience is significantly more smooth.
Just curious, with regards to "mac" - Is there any reason this is not released for "Brew" as a repository - That way, everyone can get it or compile it if needed for their version of macOS?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #720
Gear Nut
 
StefanEdberg's Avatar
 

When will they Release Underbridge ?
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump