The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How com Elektron gear has the worst Reverb and Delay? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 1 week ago
How "com" this thread has the dumbest title?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach666 View Post
More importantly, how come the "com" in this thread title is missing an "e"?
To give you a purpose in life
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

They don’t.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I quite like the delay on my Analog Four.

Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctoad View Post
To give you a purpose in life
Now, that you realize nobody agrees with your lame thoughts, what’s your purpose in life?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Is there a £500-800 groovebox / sampler mangler / synth with amazing fx built in ?

I’m happy with digitakt fx , octatrack a little more varied but not as clean imo.
The advantage of quick access means a lot to me,

Maybe older emu samplers have nice fx , though I think if I wanted the best fx i’d Expect to be spending £300+ for individual reverb,delay , distortion,compressor etc.
Unless it’s ios plugins , many great fx under £10 , and there’s always eurorack.

My expensive fx include oto biscuit, electron heat , jomox t-resonator 2 , old cheap stuff like se70, quadraverb , studio quad mk2, istomp guitar pedal.

I’m quite happy with fx on circuit , er-1 , even tr-8 are useful
Old 6 days ago
PES
Lives for gear

Quote:
Now, that you realize nobody agrees with your lame thoughts, what’s your purpose in life?
Sent here by the CEO of Elektron, Ulle Behringsson, to provoke us all into proclaiming how good their effects are?
Old 6 days ago
I actually like the reverb and delay on the A4 and Rytm, but I can understand why someone wouldn’t. Maybe, just maybe, your expectations on a multifunctional machine such as these Elektron grooveboxes are a little high. The whole thing costs 1300-1500, while on the high end effects you’d pay 500 plus for the effect alone... Strymon for example absolutely destroys anything in the Elektron boxes.

Comparatively, I’d say that EHX Cathedral and EHX Deluxe Memory Boy are better than the Elektrons I have, but they’re not as direct to use, depend on cables and stuff. I’m glad I have internal effects on the Elektron. Sound-wise, if I want to play a synth thru effects, I’d use the EHX pedals almost every time.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

I just bought the Digitone nd it has the best effects, that I have.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Betamax View Post
Nah, the reverb on the Blofeld is way worse!
Sorry for one-downing you!
The reverb on the Blofeld lulls me into a warm, false sense of security and a feeling that everything is going to be okay.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Not true, internet tough guy, some people agreed the effects aren't good or so so for a groove box.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Serious question then: what groovebox has better fx?

Integration is important to me in programmiing and is second nature and baked in Elektron units.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Mods are on holidays obviously. This has some of the worst s**tposts attacking others.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search