The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer

BOOM:

Sonic State on Instagram: “Ooh I look. It's the Ms101”

Old 4th May 2018
vaporware
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
vaporware
Being presented today.
Old 4th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoy View Post
Being presented today.
I josh
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Addict

Oh gawd and its in blue... must have.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Ha! Some of ULIB clones feels as fresh as just another past brand on the shelf.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

what the actual F ?

unreal amount of activity
Old 4th May 2018
Cool stuff, looking forward to see what has been done to it compared to the original
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Addict

Third mono/duo synth in a row. Such a high level of productivity.

But I'd rather have a bass pedal synth. Moog themselves couldn't get the sound of the iconic Taurus 1, and the Taurus 3 has been out of stock for quite a long time. All the Roland ones are just MIDI stuff

Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

oh my, I get really excited about this one
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Blue is best. Curious to see what additions they've made to this one.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

From the Instagram posted above:
sonicstateukOoh I look. It's the Ms101
nntblstMother of god!!!
autoyOfficial now?
heathcliff_hensel Behringer is carpet bombing Super Booth

I suspect Korg and Roland are holding emergency meetings and will burn hours late into the early morning, barnstorming on what just happened at Superbooth, and I don't think Behringer is done yet... stay tuned!

Seriously, if this isn't a wakeup call to the management executives, R&D and accounting over at Roland and Korg, then a lot of people in high places will be walking the plank.
Rightly or wrongly, what happened today is a game changer in my opinion.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
I suspect Korg and Roland are holding emergency meetings and will burn hours late into the early morning, barnstorming on what just happened at Superbooth, and I don't think Behringer is done yet... stay tuned!

Seriously, if this isn't a wakeup call to the management executives, R&D and accounting over at Roland and Korg, then a lot of people in high places will be walking the plank.
I feel that by now (at least to me) it's not so much the question anymore if Behringer should do this, it's more the question why the large and established Synth-Companies haven't done so themselves, years ago. If Behringer can do it, so surely they must have been able to do so as well.
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Behringer went totally bonkers today
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
From the Instagram posted above:
sonicstateukOoh I look. It's the Ms101
nntblstMother of god!!!
autoyOfficial now?
heathcliff_hensel Behringer is carpet bombing Super Booth

Yup, no more Boutiques. No more re-releases. They're finally gonna have to innovate.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

"We design the past"

Better be plastic.

Can't wait!

Price? Release date?
Old 4th May 2018
Ksp
Lives for gear

Quote:
what kind of game changer ? what change are you expecting ?
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksp View Post
what kind of game changer ? what change are you expecting ?
I don't mean to be rude, but I think if you sit quietly for a moment and think about it, the meaning might come to you.

I love Roland and Korg, have a Korg Odyssey FS and Kronos sitting right beside me, and not one Behringer product here.

But I don't think it's rocket science to understand what just happened to Korg and Roland.
Old 4th May 2018
Id expect that if Uli is delivering "almost" decent sized fully analog mono clones for $50 cheaper than Roland are producing smaller modeled reissues then there may have to be a change there. Same with Korg and their reissues...when everyone wanted full size they got mini keys...and as much as I love my MS20 mini it feels like its made of paper...might have to be a change there too.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
Yup, no more Boutiques. No more re-releases. They're finally gonna have to innovate.
What?

A company is literally not innovating and people are getting excited about the non-innovative company/products and demanding the innovators who designed these decades ago start innovating?

Where are we getting this idea that re-issuing a 40 year synth/drum machine is "innovation"?
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by haze015 View Post
What?

A company is literally not innovating and people are getting excited about the non-innovative company/products and demanding the innovators who designed these decades ago start innovating?

Where are we getting this idea that re-issuing a 40 year synth/drum machine is "innovation"?
Are you intentionally being daft? If Roland and Korg are unable to rehash their old stuff they'll have to design new products (ie, innovate).
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Nut

BEHRINGER Announced MS-101 Analog Synthesizer

So it looks like they're using the same sequencer as on the new Odyssey.

Also, triangle wave, fm modulation...

Considering the Ody is going to be $500 or less, this one should be in a similar price range.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
Are you intentionally being daft? If Roland and Korg are unable to rehash their old stuff they'll have to design new products (ie, innovate).
But I though we hated Roland for not rehashing their old stuff?

Both companies have been designing new products - Doing it for decades.

Old 4th May 2018
Gear Maniac

This ms101 design is not good.
Looks like a Chinese Rolix or Abibas.
Behringer hire a better designer please.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't mean to be rude, but I think if you sit quietly for a moment and think about it, the meaning might come to you.

I love Roland and Korg, have a Korg Odyssey FS and Kronos sitting right beside me, and not one Behringer product here.

But I don't think it's rocket science to understand what just happened to Korg and Roland.
I think Korg will have to review its Karp, and maybe MS-20 if Behringer does that too, but that's about it really. These kind of more straight up reissues is not something Roland or Korg were into, their takes on analog and revisiting classics is quite different.

The real pressure coming from Behringer is the price/performance ratio they can hit, and we'll only see the full force of that when they start to bring out more original designs (Neutron, part of Deepmind). Against that you need to differentiate/innovate and not go head to head in a who-can-sell-cheapest competition. Both Korg and Roland know that, that's why they're already well invested in various tech platforms.

From their point of view, I'm pretty sure this is old news. They saw it coming.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
But I though we hated Roland for not rehashing their old stuff?

No, not me. I own all the Boutiques. But if Behringer can release analog clones for cheaper than the digital ones it's a no brainer.

I am a huge Roland fan but even I have to say they had their chance. For right or wrong they chose not to.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

omg help me, my shopping list is unpossible.
this looks spot on!
Old 4th May 2018
Deleted User
Quote:
What?

i think there are a lot of idiots into synths
Old 4th May 2018
Behringer pushed the boundaries, still is probably, and the only company who reacted seriously in this battle is dreadbox. They pulled back their original medusa mono project and created a new hybrid that is out of any competition. Hopefully more companies will follow this example and will finally be creative..
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Addict

So let's see. From not having a single synth in their portfolio in 2016, they went to

- DM12 and friends (2017)
- D
- MS-101
- Pro-1
- Neutron
- Odyssey
- VC340
- RD-808

I do believe that "carpet-bombing" is the right word. Behringer has just gone from zero to being the most varied manufacturer of analog synths in. the. world.

You don't have to like them. In fact, it's kind of scary. But you sure as hell can't ignore them anymore.

I really like that they *start* to find a kind of common product identity on their synths. Notice the same sequencer on Odyssey and MS-101, and the same form factor on Neutron, Pro1 and Boog.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search