The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1951
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroFunk View Post
gear4music have them in stock! £289 they have 20+ in stock right now!
Vocoder's in stock too
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1952
Gear Head
 
DeadDru's Avatar
 

I'm tempted, but I want the blue one
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1953
Lives for gear
 
usedtohaveajuno's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroFunk View Post
gear4music have them in stock! £289 they have 20+ in stock right now!
Buy all 20 and maybe one of them will work properly and last more than a week
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by decoder303 View Post
no risk no fun
yep! sometimes you just gotta take a risk! if it fecks up it will get returned.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1955
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno View Post
Buy all 20 and maybe one of them will work properly and last more than a week
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1956
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoTron View Post
Another thing i noticed:
When recording a sequence you can switch to another octave with the keyboard transpose switch (next to the keyboard, not the OSC footage switch) but this is not recorded in the sequence. When played back it plays the note but in the octave the switch is positioned and not where it was during recording.

Some more bad news, my MS101 is dying... Filter and OSC are working but somehow it can only play two notes, a very low and a very high one. It seems like only C0 and C7 or something.
I guess there's something wrong with the chip/technology driving the osc pitch.

Sorry Behringer, but this unit goes RMA!

This exact problem just appeared on mine, after a few days of the synth working well.

I hope this can be fixed with a firmware update or a factory reset, once we know how to do one.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1957
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortenJohansen View Post
This exact problem just appeared on mine, after a few days of the synth working well.

I hope this can be fixed with a firmware update or a factory reset, once we know how to do one.
Pity I've been looking so forward to the Ms 101. Wasnt to fussed on the colour red I cancelled my preorder so glad I did.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1958
Gear Nut
 
MonoTron's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortenJohansen View Post
This exact problem just appeared on mine, after a few days of the synth working well.

I hope this can be fixed with a firmware update or a factory reset, once we know how to do one.
That's some serious bad news. I was hoping my unit was faulty loner.
Let's hope behringer fixes this soon!

I have used it for my maybe around 6 hours in total :(
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1959
Gear Nut
 

If this was Moog, Roland or Korg people would be jumping down throats with these massive blunders... But hey it's all good in the hood and the usual suspects are pretending nothing to see here.

Party on dudes
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1960
Gear Head
 
shmuelyosef's Avatar
Apparently we know why their stuff is so inexpensive, and how they get it to market so fast. I have lots of gear that has worked flawlessly for decades...I've never had a Behringer product get past 3 years...much of it is noisy pots and flaky connectors (patch panels!!!...arghhh)

Cool, colorful shiny stuff...worth every penny, but not every dollar
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1961
Gear Addict
 
RetroFunk's Avatar
 

*gazes into crystal ball* ... ah I see teething troubles, all will be well in the long run. Uli takes these things personally, once the boys in Manchester have finished their doner kebab and egg foo yung (over in Ch) all will be well.

Having said that, I am a little surprised at this.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1962
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by And Then Some View Post
If this was Moog, Roland or Korg people would be literally jumping down throats with these massive blunders... But hey it's all good in the hood and the usual suspects are pretending nothing to see here.

Party on dudes
I don't sense that anybody is happy about this - what would you have us do? (Apart from point out your blatant misuse of the word "literally")

Last edited by infindebula; 4 weeks ago at 10:26 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1963
Lives for gear
 
the_soulcatcher's Avatar
compared to the issues of the moog one on release this actually seems a bit minor to me, although some staff response is missing in action.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1964
Lives for gear
 
pppch's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soulcatcher View Post
compared to the issues of the moog one on release this actually seems a bit minor to me, although some staff response is missing in action.
what issues. these are features...
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1965
Lives for gear
 
Shadowkast's Avatar


Let the chaos begin.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1966
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
what issues. these are features...
Hahaha. Awesome! Well played sir
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1967
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by infindebula View Post
I don't sense that anybody is happy about this - what would you have us do? (Apart from point out your blatant misuse of the word "literally")
Removed the word 'literally' from my post that seemed to upset you. Hope it makes you happy now
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1968
Lives for gear
 

oh man all that contained hate flowing free now
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1969
Lives for gear
 

These are the kinds of products I'm happy to let sit on the market for a year or so before I adopt. I'm just now getting around to picking up a Model D. Give them a bit to get their **** together, give folks awhile to form more of an opinion than a first take, and see where it goes. This kind of blunder doesn't surprise me nor does it totally dissuade me. Let's see how things are looking in a year.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1970
Lives for gear
 

Old 4 weeks ago
  #1971
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoTron View Post
That's some serious bad news. I was hoping my unit was faulty loner.
Let's hope behringer fixes this soon!

I have used it for my maybe around 6 hours in total :(
will see if mine lasts 6 hours when i get it. if not it might end up in...

Old 4 weeks ago
  #1972
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroFunk View Post
*gazes into crystal ball* ... ah I see teething troubles, all will be well in the long run. Uli takes these things personally, once the boys in Manchester have finished their doner kebab and egg foo yung (over in Ch) all will be well.

Having said that, I am a little surprised at this.
I believe there are multiple teams now working on synths, maybe the MS-101 doesn't come from the Manchester/Midas team?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1973
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by And Then Some View Post
Removed the word 'literally' from my post that seemed to upset you. Hope it makes you happy now
Thanks. I added a smiley to the end of mine since it seems to be how you determine others’ happiness.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1974
Gear Head
 

so behringer is behringer after all
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1975
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by infindebula View Post
Thanks. I added a smiley to the end of mine since it seems to be how you determine others’ happiness.
Thank you. But if we're being pedantic about words then that unfortunate slip of punctuation you have on (other's) being after the 'S' is a little concerning...

...Though not as much as some of the problems to said Synth of recent
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1976
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by And Then Some
Thank you. But if we're being pedantic about words then that unfortunate slip of punctuation you have on (other's) being after the 'S' is a little concerning...
FYI, possessives of words ending in -s, including plurals are written with an apostrophe after s.

e.g.

others' happiness
gearslutz' forum
Vangelis' CS80

Hope it helps.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1977
Gear Addict
 

haha And Then Some tried to be a snarky "iamverysmart" guy and got told.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1978
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by And Then Some View Post
Thank you. But if we're being pedantic about words then that unfortunate slip of punctuation you have on (other's) being after the 'S' is a little concerning...

...Though not as much as some of the problems to said Synth of recent
Nothing like a good old self-own.

Classic.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1979
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security View Post
Nothing like a good old self-own.

Classic.
Classic like Behringer's' quality control?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #1980
Lives for gear
 
markodarko's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamproof View Post
Patrick here from Behinger, I made the video in question
Patrick, the latest upload you posted:



...sounds gorgeous! I don’t ever remember my SH-101 sounding like that. I’m sure that extra triangle waveform helps but it just sounds... lovely.

Well done, Behringer team for creating a great sounding synth, whether it sounds exactly as an SH-101 or not. It sounds fab.

Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump