The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer
Old 16th March 2019
  #1501
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC8364R7 View Post
£90 trainers for daily, but careful use, separate £20 ones for not exactly caring while partying... so whats your point?
Besides the 90s just being glued together for like £10 in Vietnam while being resold for that ****load more in EU...
Btw - can make my Neutron scream like an OG 101 for Psy/Goa. No need for $900-$1400 OG.
The Neutron is the best thing Behringer have done. I had a point. And so did you with what you just said. Neither of us are wrong.
Old 16th March 2019
  #1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by And Then Some View Post
So far the MS-101 sounds dreadful. I will be sticking with my SH-01A no doubt.
seems the armchair critics have been let out of the asylum!

and as for the Roland boutiques, they are all made in China. at one time Roland gear used to say made in Japan.
some view these boutiques as cheap software knockoffs of the originals.


Quote:
Originally Posted by And Then Some View Post
Some people on here are unreal. Yes it comes down to sound but really? So you can either own Nike £90 trainers, or imagine you could buy fake Nikes for £20. Seems like most of you would buy those £20 knock offs.
i don't like or buy the brand nike. i buy adidas instead. anyway i will be judge of the MS-101 when i get it. and if it isn't right, then it either goes back or it's sold on.
Old 16th March 2019
  #1503
Lives for gear
 
breakmixer's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by And Then Some View Post
So far the MS-101 sounds dreadful. I will be sticking with my SH-01A no doubt.

Some people on here are unreal. Yes it comes down to sound but really? So you can either own Nike £90 trainers, or imagine you could buy fake Nikes for £20. Seems like most of you would buy those £20 knock offs.
Puma
Old 16th March 2019
  #1504
Lives for gear
 
matt pinchin's Avatar
It will sound right when it's finally released just like the model d
Old 16th March 2019
  #1505
Lives for gear
 
matt pinchin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer View Post
Puma
F&F. Ha ha
Old 16th March 2019
  #1506
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
seems the armchair critics have been let out of the asylum!

and as for the Roland boutiques, they are all made in China. at one time Roland gear used to say made in Japan.
some view these boutiques as cheap software knockoffs of the originals.



I don't like or buy the brand nike. i buy adidas instead. anyway i will be judge of the MS-101 when i get it. and if it isn't right, then it either goes back or it's sold on.
I can agree with most of what you said. But I'm no armchair critic. So far the audio I have heard on the MS101 does not hold up, maybe it's the players but everything has been too fizzy.

Regardless of where the boutiques are built they sound amazing.

I like Nike. I like Adidas. But the point still stands. Do you want authentic item or a knock off? The choice is always yours.
Old 16th March 2019
  #1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by And Then Some View Post
So far the audio I have heard on the MS101 does not hold up, maybe it's the players but everything has been too fizzy.
you have been watching too many compressed and low bit rate audio vids on youtube. no one knows until someone has it in their hands what the sound will be like. i might not be impressed with it myself, and i'm the past owner of five SH-101's, so i think i will know myself if it's on the money or not!

some of those youtube MS-101 testers, don't seem to know the synth very well, like they don't know their arse from their elbow.

as for authentic gear, yes! i have plenty already.
Old 16th March 2019
  #1508
Lives for gear
 
matt pinchin's Avatar
The roland boutiques are too small for me. The only one that seems to make sense in that form factor is the D05 and I would like to own that one some day. They will all eventually be collectable and the SE02 will become a classic. No doubt about it but just too small for me.
MS 101 will be just fine with it's full size controls etc. The sound will be fine too. I think most youtube videos are not that great at showing off the classic 101 type sounds.
Old 16th March 2019
  #1509
Deleted 48a4a93
Guest
People who saved 70 eur/ month since behringers announcement last year at sb can afford an og 101 by now ^^
Old 16th March 2019
  #1510
Lives for gear
 
breakmixer's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by And Then Some View Post
I can agree with most of what you said. But I'm no armchair critic. So far the audio I have heard on the MS101 does not hold up, maybe it's the players but everything has been too fizzy.

Regardless of where the boutiques are built they sound amazing.

I like Nike. I like Adidas. But the point still stands. Do you want authentic item or a knock off? The choice is always yours.
It's only a knock off if you make it look like it's the real deal with snide branding too to fool the buyer, otherwise it's a copy or based on...like...

Old 16th March 2019
  #1511
Lives for gear
 

I want certain sounds and features at a good price.

The rest does not matter.

If Roland reissued the 101 in analog form for a few hundred dollars I would have bought one already.

But they did not, and I do not want a software 101.

So bring on the Behringer version.
Old 16th March 2019
  #1512
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
Did he ever provide an ETA or did we just make it up?
"One of the images shows how we "burn in" every synth for around an hour before calibration. This ensures that the instrument reaches operating temperature and are parameters have stabilized.

Please note that any shipments from the factory will take between 6-8 weeks until they'll reach the stores.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Uli"

That was one if his last excuses... 15 Jan 2018

bla bla bla bla
Old 16th March 2019
  #1513
Lives for gear
 
matt pinchin's Avatar
The behringer synths are not clones or copies, they 'pay homage' to classic designs by using 'as close as possible' circuitry in a similar housing with a few additions (previous manufacturers should be flattered that another company wants to pay homage to their legacy).
If they were clones or 'cheap knock off's' (as some on here refer to them) then they would be designed to deceive people in to believing they were the genuine article.

BTW I am really looking forward to getting my 101 to go along with my model d.
Old 16th March 2019
  #1514
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
some are prepared to spend silly money on them, some aren't. i can afford an OG 101, but i don't want to make it no. 6
You seem like a cool guy. So serious question.... How and why have you gotten through 5 Roland 101's?
Old 16th March 2019
  #1515
Lives for gear
 
matt pinchin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by And Then Some View Post
You seem like a cool guy. So serious question.... How and why have you gotten through 5 Roland 101's?
That is a good question
Old 16th March 2019
  #1516
Lives for gear
 
Mushy Mushy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphoop View Post
"One of the images shows how we "burn in" every synth for around an hour before calibration. This ensures that the instrument reaches operating temperature and are parameters have stabilized.

Please note that any shipments from the factory will take between 6-8 weeks until they'll reach the stores.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Uli"

That was one if his last excuses... 15 Jan 2018

bla bla bla bla
??? That's not saying they'll be ready in 8 weeks.
It's simply saying it takes 6 to 8 weeks for it to leave the factory and arrive at the store. Those big cargo ships aren't fast.
Old 16th March 2019
  #1517
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
??? That's not saying they'll be ready in 8 weeks.
It's simply saying it takes 6 to 8 weeks for it to leave the factory and arrive at the store. Those big cargo ships aren't fast.
So!!?? those 6 to 8 weeks have passed, already.
Old 16th March 2019
  #1518
Deleted 48a4a93
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
some are prepared to spend silly money on them, some aren't. i can afford an OG 101, but i don't want to make it no. 6
Why dont you sell your 3 303s and buy a tt303? I know, you didnt pay the money they are worth now, but following your logic about silly money, it would be silly to Keep them instead of hording the money on your bank Account?
Old 16th March 2019
  #1519
Lives for gear
 
Mushy Mushy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphoop View Post
So!!?? those 6 to 8 weeks have passed, already.
They haven't even started. He just said those products are in the calibration phase. He never said or even implied they're about to board the ship.

It really is quite simple. Until the words "expected instore" come from Uli's mouth it's all just internet speculation.
Old 16th March 2019
  #1520
Lives for gear
 
Bad Machinery's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by And Then Some View Post
I can agree with most of what you said. But I'm no armchair critic. So far the audio I have heard on the MS101 does not hold up, maybe it's the players but everything has been too fizzy.
I said this back on page 30 or so, and wondered how close a "clone" this is. Got a response from Uli, IIRC.
Old 16th March 2019
  #1521
Gear Addict
 

And Then Some you sound a little too fizzy
Old 16th March 2019
  #1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 48a4a93 View Post
Why dont you sell your 3 303s and buy a tt303?
Old 16th March 2019
  #1523
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by And Then Some View Post
fizzy
That's the filter FM.
Old 16th March 2019
  #1524
Lives for gear
I'm disappointed the Vocoder doesn't have a 4 octave keyboard. I wanted to use it as my main controller.
Old 16th March 2019
  #1525
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
how? most were cheaply available at the time, 10-12 years ago.

why? because you could pick them up dirt cheap back then, roughly about £125 - £150 each. hell i remember buying a JX-3P with a PG-200 for £50 and the seller threw in a free Korg Poly-61 with it. 101's were easily to sell on for a profit or to purchase other gear.

we will see if the Behringer MS-101 lives upto the OG 101 or not.

I bet that 1 guy regrets that decision now. R.I.P.

I regret not being into synthesis back 10 or so years ago....but I was just a child.

Man one final note, I missed out about 2 years ago when MonoEvolver desktop units could be had at $200 and under. Now they are all over $500 and I wont spend that much on one....especially with Dave most likely doing a new take on that synth sooner than later.
Old 17th March 2019
  #1526
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
that's what i thought. perhaps he's been shaken too much, and joined GS just to let the gas out.
Hah. Maybe. Not gassing for this as quite happy with my SH01A.

But I've never owned 5 Roland 101's. So i'll defer to your expertise in this instance.
Old 19th March 2019
  #1527
Gear Nut
 

Sorry if it's been stated, but do we know if the sequencer will respond to trigger in like the original? one trigger=one sequencer step?
Old 19th March 2019
  #1528
Old 19th March 2019
  #1529
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
I bet that 1 guy regrets that decision now. R.I.P.

I regret not being into synthesis back 10 or so years ago....but I was just a child.

Man one final note, I missed out about 2 years ago when MonoEvolver desktop units could be had at $200 and under. Now they are all over $500 and I wont spend that much on one....especially with Dave most likely doing a new take on that synth sooner than later.
He's exaggerating a bit, those sorts of prices would have been bargains in the late 00's and sounds more like 90's prices - My dad had this weird idea to buy me one as a present around 2008 and refused to as prices were closer to £500. If they really were around £150, he'd have got me one as it wasn't much more than what he sold his for in the early 90's () and in his mind, the maximum one should cost.
The 101 is probably the only synth that's not jumped up much in value in the last 10 years, possibly even below inflation, so its arguable they are better value now than what people were paying for them at that point in time. Unless you got lucky.

Kind of wished I had picked up a 909 or 808 around 10 years ago, thought the £1000 asking prices were a little high at the time.
Old 19th March 2019
  #1530
Lives for gear
 

I remember thinking $1000 each was too much and crazy to pay for an 808 and a 909.

Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump