The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer
Old 30th November 2018
Kja
Lives for gear
Does it still run on batteries?
Old 30th November 2018
Gear Head
looks at calendar.. last day of Nov still no MS101 !!!
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
Are you saying that letters should have the exact same gap between them?
Yes, like every respectable product with a logo / design that is made by a professional team and it is not based on a handwritten form.
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

The letter spacing should be random, different on each unit. Zoos call it "enrichment".
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral Climax View Post
Yes, like every respectable product with a logo / design that is made by a professional team and it is not based on a handwritten form.
No, part of the skill of typography is kerning, as someone mentioned earlier. When all the spaces between letters are the same it looks bad.
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuggaMahone View Post
The letter spacing should be random, different on each unit. Zoos call it "enrichment".
No, I don't think so. Rather, the spacing between letters is chosen to enhance legibility. But I'm not a typographer so I don't know all the ins and outs...
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral Climax View Post
That's not even slightly true, kerning is balanced by visual weight, it's more human perceived, if you were to actually look at professional logotypes you'll see it's not true, also it completely depends on the letter combinations.

A good example of it outside of typography is the Apple logo isn't actually centred on any Macs, if you were to measure it.

Lower case Rs before A, E, O, etc will sit closer, an I to an L or N will sit further away etc

Old 30th November 2018
Gear Addict

I say just use Papyrus font and call it a day
Old 30th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcumber View Post
i prefer comic sans
Old 5th December 2018
Deleted cec0d5b
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcumber View Post
Old 5th December 2018
Lives for gear

Moire rulez

Old 5th December 2018
Gear Guru

struggling to understand why more demos and details of this (and the pro1) have yet to exist
Old 5th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
struggling to understand why more demos and details of this (and the pro1) have yet to exist
I have a feeling a whole bunch of these (demo videos or actual shipping units) are going to get dumped on us all at once just before some event that might command our spare income, be it Christmas or NAMM...

edit: I'm reminded of last years 'accidental spec leak' and how that was obviously intended to make every synth manucturer crap their pants and have ever gear nerd holding on to their pennies.

Instead we got the Neutron, the Model D finally made it onto shelves everywhere in the First World (except Canada) a year after the fact, and some of those gear nerds got sued...

(They better have some better demos this coming year cuz 2018 sucked donkey rocks)
Old 5th December 2018
Lives for gear

Maybe behringer will drop a synthesizer nuke to destroy namm.
Old 5th December 2018
It would be pretty incredible if the VC340/Odyssey/MS-101/RD-808/Pro-1 all released during NAMM. Goodbye bank account.
Old 5th December 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ocelot View Post
I have a feeling a whole bunch of these (demo videos or actual shipping units) are going to get dumped on us all at once just before some event that might command our spare income, be it Christmas or NAMM...

edit: I'm reminded of last years 'accidental spec leak' and how that was obviously intended to make every synth manucturer crap their pants and have ever gear nerd holding on to their pennies.

Instead we got the Neutron, the Model D finally made it onto shelves everywhere in the First World (except Canada) a year after the fact, and some of those gear nerds got sued...

(They better have some better demos this coming year cuz 2018 sucked donkey rocks)
oh yes i forgot xmaz and NAM are inbound - i expect there are very specific targets being set to disrupt and absorb traffic
Old 5th December 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
It would be pretty incredible if the VC340/Odyssey/MS-101/RD-808/Pro-1 all released during NAMM. Goodbye bank account.
this is totally possible based on the year to date - hahahaaaa would you go all in and balls deep if they all came out @ once?

that would be a truly great effort
Old 5th December 2018
Assuming the pricing they've hinted at, would that even run 2 grand? That's ridiculous.

$800 VC340
$400 Odyssey
$300? $400? MS-101
$300 RD-808
$300 Pro-1

That's a lot of kit for not a lot of cash. They should bundle it into an "Early 80's Electro" starter kit.
Old 5th December 2018
Lives for gear

At the end of this vid, someone gives it a tweak and says it's better than his Pro One and Prophet 600.

Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

Here is a quick update.

We're now in pre-production with the MS-101. It took longer than we anticipated as we're running our factory at near maximum capacity.

Pre-production means we're now producing around 50 units to ensure everything is in order. Provided we don't find any issues, mass production will then commence a month later, which would be January.

Thanks for your patience.

Uli
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer-ms101-1.jpg   Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer-ms101-2.jpg   Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer-ms101-3.jpg  
Old 17th December 2018
Deleted cec0d5b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Behringer View Post
Here is a quick update.
Best of luck, Uli. The 101 was my second ever synth (after my MC-202) back in 1986 when they cost peanuts.

I’m glad to see that you’re essentially reissuing all these great synths that I grew up with for a new generation to discover and love.

Keep up the good work. Oh, and it looks great in red, by the way!

Cheers,

Mark.
Old 17th December 2018
Gear Nut

Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

Nice! Bring on the MindSausage!
Old 17th December 2018
Awesome! Glad to see this being produced again. Always liked the basic tone, yet second hand prices went way too high in the last decade.

Seeing these units without a keybed makes me want to fit a neutron in there...
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

I want.

Would also be interesting doing a one synth challenge on this. Looking forward to giving that a go
Old 17th December 2018
Gear Addict

@ Uli Behringer Seeing as your doing the SH-101, TR-808 & TR-909, any plans to do a TB-303?

Also, what's the price on the SH-101?
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

what are the dimensions?
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylonpanic View Post
what are the dimensions?
Looks more or less identical to the original.
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

Lacking the original sequencer + arp with trigger in options is a big turn off IMHO.
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VennD68 View Post
Lacking the original sequencer + arp with trigger in options is a big turn off IMHO.
I agree, after watching Mathew Jonson's video on all the tricks you can do with that it's definitely something to be missed.
📝 Reply