The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but I think if you sit quietly for a moment and think about it, the meaning might come to you.

I love Roland and Korg, have a Korg Odyssey FS and Kronos sitting right beside me, and not one Behringer product here.

But I don't think it's rocket science to understand what just happened to Korg and Roland.
Yeah, I am going to sit here and see Roland keep releasing digital stuff because... they don't care about 1:1 replicas.

The game changer here is really for the other companies releasing sub 500 USD analog monos, Roland has 1, korg has 3, 2 reissues 1 new design.

I see more competition for arturia Minibrutes, dreadbox, MFB, and the like.

Roland is selling to other market already which doesn't have OCD with authenticity and analog.

I am sure by now also all their boutiques sold quite well and can exit that market having sold out the stock.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by haze015 View Post
But I though we hated Roland for not rehashing their old stuff?

Both companies have been designing new products - Doing it for decades.

Pretty much.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaintlouis View Post
Behringer pushed the boundaries, still is probably, and the only company who reacted seriously in this battle is dreadbox. They pulled back their original medusa mono project and created a new hybrid that is out of any competition. Hopefully more companies will follow this example and will finally be creative..
Creative hybrids you say? JD-XA, prologue, Peak, various DSI, Quantum...
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by login View Post
I am sure by now also all their boutiques sold quite well and can exit that market having sold out the stock.
Sold my JP08 for more than I paid for it, the Juno sells well 2nd hand.

Better investments than vintage gear!
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear
Not sure of the sound at the moment. .but Beringher are killing superbooth for sure
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypneurosis View Post

[...]
Wait, did he say every parameter of the surface can be automated by CC (~4:30)? Did he really mean that?
Old 4th May 2018
Deleted User
what is it ? an sh101 that sounds almost like one and has behringer written on it ? revolutionary move
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zawinul View Post
Not sure of the sound at the moment. .but Beringher are killing superbooth for sure
They have so much releases that they could easily make there own Buperbooth
Old 4th May 2018
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by toitoy View Post
They have so much releases that they could easily make there own Buperbooth
Bonerbooth
Old 4th May 2018
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by zawinul View Post
**** the sound , who cares , lets all keep buying more cheap ****e as it makes us feel richer !
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

I would have liked to see the Klark Teknik effects on this too. Maybe make the keyboard 3 full octaves to make some more space if needed.
Old 4th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
Creative hybrids you say? JD-XA, prologue, Peak, various DSI, Quantum...
Still what medusa offers along with polyend is different than the aforementioned, not saying that they are no good or anything, however they all seem to be sort in something, or minor limitations I should say that I don’t believe they should have.
I just believe that dreadbox took the game one step forward.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

No complaints about the glowing pitch stick yet?

Do we know if it can be dimmed or disabled?

Comes with the keygrip and shoulder strap
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
But I though we hated Roland for not rehashing their old stuff?

Both companies have been designing new products - Doing it for decades.

will you literally troll every Behringer thread with the same agenda?

you hate them and what they are doing and you are offering nothing but arguments so why not move on? There is a lot of stuff happening in the world we live and play so why not go and enjoy it and leave folk who are actually interested to discuss the merits of this and the other gear.
Old 4th May 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsbosney View Post
**** the sound , who cares , lets all keep buying more cheap ****e as it makes us feel richer !
Or, y'know, buy what you want and don't be a dick to people who have different opinions about stuff. Whichever!
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

The worlds needs more keytar

Can it still be battery powered?
Old 4th May 2018
Wow, that's cheesy. They even copied the blue color?!
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Another pretty terrible demo: the LFO was at or near max for most of it and that gave us no clear idea of the filter sound. I was ready to hear _that_ spiky rubbery 101 filter closing but it didn’t happen. I remain hopeful that Sonic State will bring us a better demo... Once again, though: this isn’t just a clone, they’ve added thoughtful, useful, and creatively stimulating extra features. This is going to sell, and sell, and sell.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wait, did he say every parameter of the surface can be automated by CC (~4:30)? Did he really mean that?
he said it alright - i hope that wasn't a screw up but he has not said it on the other gear sooooo maybe this one has full CC action - if it receives then it sends too
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasimirsBlake View Post
Another pretty terrible demo: the LFO was at or near max for most of it and that gave us no clear idea of the filter sound. I was ready to hear _that_ spiky rubbery 101 filter closing but it didn’t happen. I remain hopeful that Sonic State will bring us a better demo... Once again, though: this isn’t just a clone, they’ve added thoughtful, useful, and creatively stimulating extra features. This is going to sell, and sell, and sell.
yeah he is never getting a job as a demo pro based on this show but i expect he is very talented in different ways

there will be a steady rollout of follow ups i expect for this and the other stuff over the next 4-6 weeks
Old 4th May 2018
M32
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasimirsBlake View Post
This kid is really awfull, some kind of audio engineering student who blagged his way into the behringer promo team. The same one who ****ed up the first Pro1 demo vid too. I hate it when they play a high note instead of a beefy bass one when demonstrating the filter. This guy actually managed to do the opposite, played a note so low it was starting to click, had the lfo rate up to max and all osc level sliders, saw, triange, pulse and sub on max volume. geesh.
batman *slap*moment

hard to tell how it sounds. The magic of the 101 is also in those tight snappy envelopes.
If they made those analog and like the original, it should be good.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

It's like Christmas, or what NAMM used to be?
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

I was so stoked until page two where all the butt hurt ensues... I sense a lot of OG owners not happy with possible long term devaluation? It's not like the original goes for crazy cash anyways.
Old 4th May 2018
Deleted User
i was wondering when the MS-101 would show up, now it has. bad demo though in that vid with mod slider left up, obviously the dude has never played with a real 101.

but now i'm looking at my tiny SH-01A, and thinking "you gotta go" and hello MS-101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
I sense a lot of OG owners not happy with possible long term devaluation? It's not like the original goes for crazy cash anyways.
actually the OG does go for crazy money, i have seen folks asking 1K+ for 101's, but now they may drop in price. Would be funny for Behringer to have another surprise up their sleeve like a 303 if they actually did one that is!
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well spoted but now it's strange there's no patch memory. I guess this information needs confirmation.
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Nut

I notice he said it's their last synth announcement for superbooth. But they must have something left for the last day... please let it be a sequencer...
Old 4th May 2018
Quote:
I never said I was "offended" or even had an issue with the clone - I took issue with the hyperbole and double standards on display here.
OK, we get it, in every thread...do you think you're ready to move on now?
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
i was wondering when the MS-101 would show up, now it has. bad demo though in that vid with mod slider left up, obviously the dude has never played with a real 101.

but now i'm looking at my tiny SH-01A, and thinking "you gotta go" and hello MS-101.

actually the OG does go for crazy money, i have seen folks asking 1K+ for 101's, but now they may drop in price. Would be funny for Behringer to have another surprise up their sleeve like a 303 if they actually did one that is!
Not the first time someone said "everybody needs a 303" in ref to Behringer's latest announcements
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn303 View Post
actually the OG does go for crazy money, i have seen folks asking 1K+ for 101's, but now they may drop in price.
Crazy from what they used to go for, but 1k is not really "CRAZY" money imho.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search