The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer
Old 5 days ago
  #4861
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
Synth Tool itself no longer recognizes it, so it will be of no help to me. There has to be some way to do a hard factory reset.
Old 5 days ago
  #4862
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_MIDI View Post
first you can try again with an older updater tool release from their support site... but there is another way that worked in some case:

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/...p/265173#M2136
I will try this tonight and see if it fixes it.
Old 5 days ago
  #4863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
I will try this tonight and see if it fixes it.
Damn that's very f*&cked up... There must be a way to get your ms out of limbo

A few thing you could try are indeed an older version of synth tool, updating with another computer with another OS or get an even older update file (pre-synth tool) and update through midiOX
Old 2 days ago
  #4864
Here for the gear
 

1.1.7 Update Explained Using SH-101 and MS-101

Old 2 days ago
  #4865
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiphex View Post
No brickage then? I'll update mine if it's safe. Your MS101 doesn't sound too shabby next to the real thing there. I haven't noticed the switch being a 3 position one on mine, I'll have to try that. Maybe it's not connected up as a 3 position.
Old 1 day ago
  #4866
It's a two position switch on the MS, so there'd need to be a workaround, like shift+on for auto. Depending on the software for changing modes is a tad lame IMO.
Old 1 day ago
  #4867
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maffez View Post
It's a two position switch on the MS, so there'd need to be a workaround, like shift+on for auto. Depending on the software for changing modes is a tad lame IMO.
Ah. How about only 2 positions where 1=legato and 0=always on. Then use the GLIDE pot to turn it off completely if you want.

A 3rd position then is not needed.
Old 1 day ago
  #4868
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
No brickage then? I'll update mine if it's safe. Your MS101 doesn't sound too shabby next to the real thing there. I haven't noticed the switch being a 3 position one on mine, I'll have to try that. Maybe it's not connected up as a 3 position.
No issues at all. The key is to make sure there is no chance of turning off the power to the MS-1 or your computer to stop during the update. The update only took about 4 seconds.
Old 1 day ago
  #4869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiphex View Post
Ah. How about only 2 positions where 1=legato and 0=always on. Then use the GLIDE pot to turn it off completely if you want.

A 3rd position then is not needed.

sweet idea! not sure how much it will be heard though
Old 1 day ago
  #4870
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
It did not work (but I did not have the sysEx firmware file).
The synth is not even recognized by my Roland UM-ONE.

Behringer still have not responded to my support ticket. I have seen support tickets from countless others that have gone unanswered with the same, or similar issues. There are no downloadable files of any updates for the MS-1 on the site, outside of the synth tool program. I have checked the downloads section many times.

I bought it from Pro Audio Star and they will not respond to me either, looks like I will never be buying from either again. I will just pick up Behringer gear second hand; what is the point of buying new, if you don't get support? Even then....this has me hesitant. I still will be getting the yellow TD-3 I pre-ordered day one that has still has not arrived in the U.S...... It is so cheap anyways, so I will take this risk....plus I waited this long anyways. I will be cancelling my MonoPoly pre-order.

Before you call me "shill" or "hater", know that I was a big fan... but by being ignored, when all other companies I have dealt with responded to me if I have had issues or questions.....this has made me lose faith in Behringer and has made buying their gear a risk I don't want to take.
Old 21 hours ago
  #4871
Lives for gear
 
shabbyroad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
Synth Tool itself no longer recognizes it, so it will be of no help to me. There has to be some way to do a hard factory reset.
This increasingly gives me concern. Dependency on a software application that may or may not function 5 or 10 year from now using an interface that may or may not be commonplace on personal computing devices.

Can this firmware be updated using DIN MIDI connections?

Can the MS101 or MS1 settings be managed using SysEx?
Old 21 hours ago
  #4872
Lives for gear
 
RetroFunk's Avatar
 

I'm was just popping by to find what problems exist with this synth.

Somebodyperson - from what I understand, Beh have had to close many of their support/service places. Yes they should respond to emails, but who knows. Same with imports into the US due to the corona-crap, just delays possibly for months. Yes I agree after the mess with the RD8 firmware my future Beh purchases have been out on hold. Beh intend to update the synthtool app. Sadly all points to Beh software/firmware being a bit of a mess, Uli is a bright guy so feel sure in time he'll sort things. In the meantime I want the lockdown to cease in Italy as I have my eye on some music kit from there
Old 20 hours ago
  #4873
Gear Addict
 
SoundReverend's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
It did not work (but I did not have the sysEx firmware file).
The synth is not even recognized by my Roland UM-ONE.

Behringer still have not responded to my support ticket. I have seen support tickets from countless others that have gone unanswered with the same, or similar issues. There are no downloadable files of any updates for the MS-1 on the site, outside of the synth tool program. I have checked the downloads section many times.

I bought it from Pro Audio Star and they will not respond to me either, looks like I will never be buying from either again. I will just pick up Behringer gear second hand; what is the point of buying new, if you don't get support? Even then....this has me hesitant. I still will be getting the yellow TD-3 I pre-ordered day one that has still has not arrived in the U.S...... It is so cheap anyways, so I will take this risk....plus I waited this long anyways. I will be cancelling my MonoPoly pre-order.

Before you call me "shill" or "hater", know that I was a big fan... but by being ignored, when all other companies I have dealt with responded to me if I have had issues or questions.....this has made me lose faith in Behringer and has made buying their gear a risk I don't want to take.
Not sure if this has been discussed, but have you tried if possible to use the iOS App? At least to check if it finds your MS? I just tried and it detects my MS-101 and tells me there is an update available...
Old 20 hours ago
  #4874
Lives for gear
 
shabbyroad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post

Behringer still have not responded to my support ticket. I have seen support tickets from countless others that have gone unanswered with the same, or similar issues.
FWIW Behringer (UK team) have responded to my support ticket for an Odyssey issue. I've sent them the information they need and expect I'll hear back from them early next week. The retailer has responded also so I might just return it to the retailer and let them deal with Behringer.
I imagine it could take some weeks to resolve which is understandable.

Remote working should provide solution for communication so for Behringer not to have responded by now is pretty poor.
Old 15 hours ago
  #4875
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiphex View Post
Ah. How about only 2 positions where 1=legato and 0=always on. Then use the GLIDE pot to turn it off completely if you want.

A 3rd position then is not needed.
This would be the best solution with the current hardware (along with the adjustment to portamento time scaling). It's my only real complaint with the synth, and an essential SH101 feature IMO :-(

Seriously considering copying the analog circuit from the SH101 - they really should have just done that in the first place IMO.
Old 13 hours ago
  #4876
Lives for gear
 
base615's Avatar
I can't find this mythical v2.3.8 Synthtool anywhere on the website. Have they pulled it?
Old 12 hours ago
  #4877
Gear Addict
 
Syn303's Avatar
App for ipad is 2.3.11 just now, the last version was 2.3.8
Old 11 hours ago
  #4878
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundReverend View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed, but have you tried if possible to use the iOS App? At least to check if it finds your MS? I just tried and it detects my MS-101 and tells me there is an update available...
I don't use Apple products.
Old 11 hours ago
  #4879
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
I am just going to sell the MS-1 for parts, the whole situation makes me sick. I have it listed on Reverb if anyone is interested.
Old 9 hours ago
  #4880
Gear Addict
 
SoundReverend's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
I don't use Apple products.
Maybe a friend does.
Old 7 hours ago
  #4881
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundReverend View Post
Maybe a friend does.
I don't have friends who live near me, the closest one is over 750 miles away (over 1200km).
Old 2 hours ago
  #4882
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by base615 View Post
I can't find this mythical v2.3.8 Synthtool anywhere on the website. Have they pulled it?
It was gone briefly, but now up again in the download section:

http://mediadl.musictribe.com/downlo....3.8%20Mac.zip

http://mediadl.musictribe.com/downlo...%20Windows.zip
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump