The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
Yes, it's already worth 500% more than the MS-1 in 2055 on Ebay!
I've just come back from a trip in my TARDIS.

That shade of blue looks nice - much less sky-blue than the online retailer images suggest..
The blue does look nice, it's "TARDIS blue"
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Hmmm...I tried doing this v1.3.1 SynthTool update, but the MS-101 isn't recognized by the installer. I tried running as administrator (per page 72-73ish) to no avail. I just updated a couple other items' firmware, so I know my cable is working.

What am I missing here?

(and thanks!!!)
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fret View Post
Hmmm...I tried doing this v1.3.1 SynthTool update, but the MS-101 isn't recognized by the installer. I tried running as administrator (per page 72-73ish) to no avail. I just updated a couple other items' firmware, so I know my cable is working.

What am I missing here?

(and thanks!!!)
Try restart your Win/Mac and retry, this happen to me in the first try.
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

No dice :(
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
No dice :(
try another cable, my last solution sorry
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

What am I missing here?

(and thanks!!!)
Use Midi-Ox if the behringer tool doesn't work. Also, set it to wait 250ms after each message. How to do this has been posted some time ago in this thread
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Thanks!

For what it's worth, I did get it to work on my Mac without issue (with the same cable).

DL'd MIDI-Ox to try too.

Thanks y'all!!!
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Howdy, just a tip that might help someone, who like me has had a heck of a time trying to get a MS-101 to act normally when driven by a sequencer ..... " onboard sequence starting automatically ", " device not found for update", " er, how do I sysex the thing ? " etc.

Er, simply push the ARP button ( enable arpeggio ) before sending it any Midi, the onboard sequence doesn't get enabled and the TEMPO / GATE knob doesn't do weird stuff anymore.

This is using a BeatStep Pro to run the sequence, btw.
Old 22 hours ago
Just talked to a local store here who received a red MS-101 in their shipment today (yes, it's labeled as a 101 - I asked). So I guess US shipments are happening?

I might impulse buy this thing tomorrow just like I did the VC340 from the same store about 6 weeks ago. No idea where I'm going to put it since I have too many synths and zero practical room. I'll report back with pics and some impressions if I end up getting it. I had a blue SH-101 which I regrettably sold back in 03 or 04.
Old 20 hours ago
Lives for gear

You can now update some global settings and edit the sequencer (and more) with Behringer's new application: SynthTool. I'm testing it out with the MS-101 in this video:

Old 19 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranzee View Post
You can now update some global settings and edit the sequencer (and more) with Behringer's new application: SynthTool. I'm testing it out with the MS-101 in this video:

Cool! Can you tie notes in the sequencer?
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by infindebula View Post
Cool! Can you tie notes in the sequencer?
Screen grab from in the video:

Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer-synthtool_vid_capture.jpg

These are the options for the sequencer editor for each note.
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer-synthtool_vid_capture.jpg  
Old 14 hours ago
Gear Addict

I like your demo Ranzee, by the looks of the B-Synth Tool it seems they are getting the idea of what we appreciate. We like these small software tools that allow us access to some of the internal goings on, so we can set it to our liking.
Old 13 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroFunk View Post
I like your demo Ranzee, by the looks of the B-Synth Tool it seems they are getting the idea of what we appreciate. We like these small software tools that allow us access to some of the internal goings on, so we can set it to our liking.
Agreed, but some changes, sequencer enable / disable for example, should be accessible via the hardware itself, as Sir Ranzee mentioned in an earlier video.

Removing a usb item from the chain to connect to software can cause all sorts of problems, which I learnt late last night after temporarily disconnecting a BeatStep pro from a perfectly working signal chain to switch one parameter only to have spend an hour or two troubleshooting afterwards.

( DAW >> iConnectivity Audio4+ >> BeatStep Pro via usb midi, BeatStep Pro >>> MS-101 via din midi )

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search