The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer MS-101 Analogue Synthesizer
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilb View Post
Even if not, no doubt somebody on here has the knowhow (and the elbow grease) to design a little midi breakout pcb that can mimic the desired functionality...
Could you imagine a Tubbutec MS-101 upgrade board to make it function more like an SH-101? Stranger things have been known to happen.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Anyone actually got a real, live MS-1 to look at?

Edit: I mean a real new-editition MS-1 REV2 that we can ask questions about / listen to
Old 2 days ago
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Very nice sonorities
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post

This ms-1 thing is still a big mystery....
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
All 3 models now listed as MS-1. Interesting. Wonder when these will ship out to retailers..
Old 2 days ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
All 3 models now listed as MS-1. Interesting. Wonder when these will ship out to retailers..
maybe a clever marketing trick? Just confuse people and they might get two instead of one.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
maybe a clever marketing trick? Just confuse people and they might get two instead of one.
it will certainly give sound differences ..
as the red sounds different from the blue one...
was the same with the different colored blotter in San Francisco
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

I’m sure it’s like the RD-8 change — legal pressures.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Oh Roland, as if changing a few letters or numbers is gonna make any difference in the sales for Behringer. This is just being petty. Maybe if Roland would actually have listened to what people want instead of making plastic plugins in a box they’d not be so paranoid and more confident in what they are doing.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

How have they managed to copyright the numbers 101 & 808, got behringer to back down & change the names when cyclone analogic sells a TT-303 etc
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektronix View Post
How have they managed to copyright the numbers 101 & 808, got behringer to back down & change the names when cyclone analogic sells a TT-303 etc
the whole thing is as always highly speculative on GS ..
nobody knows anything .. but today there are great news from the summer namm .. hmmm nothing
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

More likely Kanye West threatens legal action for use of 808.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

does anybody really give a flying F about the name change?

come on, it really isn't important, it just isn't
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post

true .. there is a first highlight from nashville ..60s bathroom radio
interesting is the whole only if there is a hardware revision

Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

I couldn't care less what a synth's called as long as it sounds good. Was just curious how Roland can put pressure on behringer but not a much smaller company like cyclone analogic.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

It could be named Snuffaluffagus or worse for all I care.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
true .. there is a first highlight from nashville ..60s bathroom radio
interesting is the whole only if there is a hardware revision

LOL. Roland = Gibson.

Soon kitchen knives.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I couldn't care less what a synth's called as long as it sounds good. Was just curious how Roland can put pressure on behringer but not a much smaller company like cyclone analogic.
propellerheads was also threatened .. very evil
.. but just .. dwarf synths in green or not .. maybe there is a very common reason ..
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
LOL. Roland = Gibson.

Soon kitchen knives.
LOL and..

i hope the swiss traditional house for pastry is finally doing something ..

Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
propellerheads was also threatened
Yeah I remember that..but D16 is ok calling it Lush-101, does't make any sense to me unless behringer just decided to change the name to play it safe & avoid any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
It could be named Snuffaluffagus

What if it was called "Menstruation Cycle - 101" though?
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

I try to remain bravely .. and think that it could be a hardware revision .. would explain the V2 in the firmware ..
to the news from nashville: gibson does not sue anymore .. but it tries with compulsory membership ...
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

Actually, it is very important if the renamed version is different in any way from the product it replaces. I somehow doubt it is, but the presence of two different firmware update files may suggest otherwise.

Nobody from Behringer has addressed this yet.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nothing tape or a Sharpie won't fix. Small prices to pay for saving hundreds vs a vintage 101, if they nail the sound and features at least good as they did with the Boog, which I suspect they will.

Otheriwse why bother? I'd much rather they take as long as is takes to be at lesst Boog close...
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah I remember that..but D16 is ok calling it Lush-101, does't make any sense to me unless behringer just decided to change the name to play it safe & avoid any problems.

That would be the red spotted white version. Very rare limited edition.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

I got my (blue) MS-101 yesterday and am very happy with it.

It nails the sound of the SH-101 perfectly, which neither of Roland's recent attempts do. The build quality is great and the form factor perfect with full sized keys and full sized interface.

Really the MS-101 is all Roland needed to do once analog became big again but they failed miserably going down the path of emulation rather and recreation.

When I was looking around my local dealer yesterday at all the micro mini emulation boxes it just felt sad. A once great manufacturer has been reduced to pushing out these kid sized toys with an equally displeasing sound and form factor.

Behringer have taken a great synth and improved it with inbuilt MIDI and a better sequencer than the original had. With both CV and MIDI this synth will play with all the other things in the studio.

The only thing I learned yesterday is that I got one of the last batch of MS-101 and future units will be marketed as the MS-1. Interesting but doesn't change the fact that Behringer have hit it out of the park with this synth.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Will my MS-101 be a rare collectible item in the future then ?
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

Yes the MS101's will be Highly Sort after, after the Next Reset Wipe!
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

It's MS-1 now for all colours on the Beh website. Delivery is Oct from G4M! I assume there's a lot of document, silkscreen (removal?) changes to be made, this kind of thing usually chokes up a manufacturing plant. Staff are usually diverted off other products to manhandle the various changes.
For all we know B might have made 10,000 units and they all need to be changed. If this was a UK company it would be living hell (being an employee there) but I'm sure B-Ch are much more dignified.

MS-1
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
Oh Roland, as if changing a few letters or numbers is gonna make any difference in the sales for Behringer. This is just being petty. Maybe if Roland would actually have listened to what people want instead of making plastic plugins in a box they’d not be so paranoid and more confident in what they are doing.
This isn't about preventing sales, just Behringer have yet again fallen fowl of Roland's IP. That's all there is to it, so stop it with the childish conspiracy BS that's literally ruining this forum.

The SH01A is a better emulation of the SH101 as well. Considering the Boutiques hold their value, in some cases go for more, its beyond ridiculous and living in a fantasy world to say people don't want them.

The synth market isn't simply middle aged men wanting to relive their youth, so not everyone wants reissues of 80's synths.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search