The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Odyssey Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 3rd May 2018
Behringer Odyssey

DivKid:
Quote:
HERE'S A WORLD EXCLUSIVE FIRST! Behringer dropping new products like crazy at the 2018 Superbooth. Here's an Odyssey (of ARP fame) which has full sized keys, Klark Teknik FX (you hear a lot of dry sound and a bit of FX here), two oscillators, LFO, sample and hold, noise, all three filter revisions, AR and ADSR envelopes, VCA drive and a tonne of extras. I'll get my hands on one of these for a thorough video as soon as possible but for now enjoy a little Nature from our hotel balcony, exclusively with the Behringer Odyssey and some direct audio with no talking after the short intro.
Superbooth 2018 - Behringer Odyssey *First Look & Listen*
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

No sound or picture, just a big black screen
Old 3rd May 2018
Gear Guru

video not working for me..?
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

Superbooth walk through where’s the Oddy?
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
No sound or picture, just a big black screen
Same here
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Looks like a Karp with pretty sliders.
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Nut

Works fine here. A US thing maybe?

Full size keys!
Old 4th May 2018
Works for me.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Sounds great.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Wow, it sounds a lot more "lively" than the Karp.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

The video loaded, the sound played.

Sounds great, and I like the lights and full sized keys. But I really can't get behind this one at all. Just when I spend time defending them, they turn around and release another clone of a synth that is still in circulation. I really dislike seeing this and am very disappointed. Seeing that Odyssey logo without the ARP next to it is perversely unnatural for me at this time.

Or maybe I'm just a conflicted hypocrite.

Oh well,not for me. I've said my peace.

Cool story, Shadowkast.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Why. Just why
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
Wow, it sounds a lot more "lively" than the Karp.
That rubbery, sproingy sound was totally spot on!

Like WTF, Korg?
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

This has memories (i think) and FX so bit different to the original........ Plus it will be £99 inc. VAT.
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Guru

Sounds great, better than the korg for mine, or just different maybe..?
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

BARP 2600 next?
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

So... you can get a Model D, Pro One, Odyssey, and TR808 clone for $1200.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

3 filters plus the drive is funny, a tip of the hat to the korg but added fx and a sequencer and full size keys

Bloody hell

Long time arper here, happy to see this land
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Guru

Full sized keys, effects, and sequencer winner all round, and here I was saying to myself I'm almost done with buying anymore synths..deary me.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever View Post
That rubbery, sproingy sound was totally spot on!

Like WTF, Korg?
Better than the Korg? I've held off getting one. The desktop module would certainly fit in better here but after the MS20 mini I've not been super keen.
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
Just when I spend time defending them, they turn around and release another clone of a synth that is still in circulation
...mostly; in theory, the Odyssey FS is "limited edition" @ $1700 MAP US.

As much as I was down on the sound of the Model B, the ARB definitely sounds the part right out of the gate (i.e., has that same slightly cheap but cutting sound that makes the Odyssey special).

And with modern conveniences....

I would definitely buy one; I feel that Korg has re-couped its investment enough (with the iOS equivalents and another go-around with the FS) that I wouldn't shed a tear over this one.

Take my money please!
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Nut

As I've stated before. It's a bit too much in a little time. Pro One and now Odyssey

Whatever happened with the 2600. THAT would've been great instead

Surely it will be great for the ones who didn't pick up a Korg.

But I do believe Berhinger should start putting their energy and time in something different: highly sought after Poly synths (Jupiter 8, Memory Moog, CS 80, Polykoboll II, Rhodes Chroma) and a one-to-rule-them-all string synth and bass pedal synth

And give the mono/duo ones a rest
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Wow has a lovely thick sound

Seems like phatter than the korgs
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Addict

Does this have patch memory? Wonder what the lcd is for top left ?
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
Better than the Korg? I've held off getting one. The desktop module would certainly fit in better here but after the MS20 mini I've not been super keen.
Yeah, I've been putting off a KARP Odyssey Desktop, as there was something that didn't entirely gel in terms of the sound, relative to an older unit (though I couldn't really put my finger on it).
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Head

Love these Behringer superbooth vids.. Great locations.. some basement, a porch in a construction site, some crappy apt. They spared no expense!

Synth.. meh. Wasnt the most exciting syth originally anyway. Where is the OPX!
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Korg's spokesperson has hinted on Reddit that Korg isn't interested in making a 2600 clone. Would be a great opportunity for Behringer to show that they mean business even when Korg won't do right by the Arp name.

This is NOT a cutsey boutique "poor Arp/Korg!" situation. Korg owning the Arp name is just that, a name. It's all corporate. We wouldn't even be here discussing this if the Korg Arp Odyssey had been a good recreation.
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Maniac

I feel like im just being teased over and over by Behringer, all these things Id buy right now - but have a feeling they wont be available anytime soon... or at all
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever View Post
Yeah, I've been putting off a KARP Odyssey Desktop, as there was something that didn't entirely gel in terms of the sound, relative to an older unit (though I couldn't really put my finger on it).
Interesting. Roll on the comparisons!
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelxd View Post
I feel like im just being teased over and over by Behringer, all these things Id buy right now - but have a feeling they wont be available anytime soon... or at all
I don't know why you say that. I'd be willing to bet $$ they'll all be available. Most within the year, all within a year and a half. Whether you are happy or sad about what they are doing, they're not messing around or doing this for clicks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search