The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer Odyssey
Old 9 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
I've owned the Korg Arp Odyssey slimkey and have owned the FS since it's release. I don't recall there being build quality complaints with the Korg Odyssey both versions since they've been released. There were some quality issues with some Mk1(whiteface)slimkeys with slight runny paint on the top panel and of course, I agree the keybed on the FS is it's weakest point(klanky and noisy).
But other than that, that is all I've read about over the years.
Can't speak for the MS tho.

I agree with many here, the price difference is a no brainer in favor of the Behringer as long as the quality holds up over time.
I've only heard about the keys on the FS, but also in general that the sliders are a bit wobbly (as they are on the Behringer, whose case and panel by the way are also made of metal - it's quite heavy and robust). The MS-20 mini I've read so many complaints about wobbly knobs and noise on the output that I'm actually put off from buying one especially for the price they want and with mini-keys.
Old 7 hours ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldphinga View Post
Here's my latest jam with the Behringer Odyssey and my MK2 Rhodes Suitcase. Hope you dig, just a bit of fun but i've tried to use a larger range of sounds in this video to show a bit of the broader range of tones available- you can really hear that Oddy character! PS apologies for low quality video..

Dude, that is really cool.
Old 5 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Here's my latest jam with the Behringer Odyssey and my MK2 Rhodes Suitcase. Hope you dig, just a bit of fun but i've tried to use a larger range of sounds in this video to show a bit of the broader range of tones available- you can really hear that Oddy character! PS apologies for low quality video..
Now that's a godphinga Odyssey demo I can say, really showcases the sonic possibilities and Odyssey vibe is has.
Great job on this one, thank you.
Old 5 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
I've only heard about the keys on the FS, but also in general that the sliders are a bit wobbly (as they are on the Behringer, whose case and panel by the way are also made of metal - it's quite heavy and robust). The MS-20 mini I've read so many complaints about wobbly knobs and noise on the output that I'm actually put off from buying one especially for the price they want and with mini-keys.
I never found the sliders wobbly until you said something.. lol
seriously, they're fine, I think the wobbly feel may feel that way because of the small tip on it. If it had one of those large slider knobs like on some Roland or Behringer synths, you wouldn't feel it at all. I have a Korg Kronos 2 and it has sliders with large knobs and they have the same amount of play. I assume it's a necessary part of the slider component or it would be too stiff or something like that.
Old 5 hours ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Just got mine today (UK)

Looks, feels and sounds like it should have cost a grand. Its a pretty big beast.
Faders have a little wobble left to right, but feel really smooth and the dimmable light is great (they get bright!) rubber end caps (perhaps coloured that let the light out) would feel better and add the colour....someone will do it!

Only thing (on mine at least) that =feels a bit loose/flimsy is the transpose knob, I bit of play and feels a bit fragile, must try not to slam it around! Anyone else found that?

The sound is sublime (I had the KARP before with min keys, to me even without the fx the BARP sounds better) Drive is nice, ARP great, CV/midi sequencer and good FX make this just unbelievable for the cost.

Close to perfect for me. 9.5/10 for build (just that transpose lever), 10/10 sound and value.
Old 5 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC View Post
Just got mine today (UK)

Only thing (on mine at least) that =feels a bit loose/flimsy is the transpose knob, I bit of play and feels a bit fragile, must try not to slam it around! Anyone else found that?
As I said as well, I also find the transpose lever to feel extremely wobbly to the point it almost scares me to use it much. That's the biggest issue I have, though I do find the sideways play in the panel sliders also a bit more than desirable, but not as big of a deal as on the transpose lever. But totally agree, this synth is one of the best in the new Behringer range in terms of sound, features and value.
Old 4 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf View Post
I'll be able to do that soon, but I've told my supplier not to send the Boddy if it has all white LEDs. One of the main reasons I'm buying the Boddy is that it is easier to see on stage - if all the LEDs are white I'm not interested.
Looking forward to it and thanks for the reply.
Old 4 hours ago
Lives for gear

Has anyone emailed Behringer support to find out what the status of colored leds is?
This needs to be settled, so people quit speculating or wondering whether their Odyssey will have them or not.
If not, then Behringer needs to remove all photos of the colored lights from all marketing and online stores.
Old 3 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I've only heard about the keys on the FS, but also in general that the sliders are a bit wobbly (as they are on the Behringer,
On my white FS the sliders have zero wobble. In fact I’ll go a bit farther to say they not only exceeded my expectations, but they are arguably the nicest feeling sliders I’ve ever used on a synth. Also the transpose switch almost feels strong enough to lift the whole synth with it.

As for the undercarriage, the thick plastic on the FS seems more than durable enough - like you’d need to drop it on a concrete floor from a few feet to even chip it.

I’m not saying any of this justifies its ridiculous price, but I seem to have developed a relationship with mine - I don’t think I’d trade it even for two Behringers. If Behringer had brought this out a couple years ago I would have most likely bought it instead.
Old 3 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Has anyone emailed Behringer support to find out what the status of colored leds is?
This needs to be settled, so people quit speculating or wondering whether their Odyssey will have them or not.
If not, then Behringer needs to remove all photos of the colored lights from all marketing and online stores.
We know they’re reading. It’s pretty irresponsible for them to not chime in on stuff like this.
Old 2 hours ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by infindebula View Post
We know they’re reading. It’s pretty irresponsible for them to not chime in on stuff like this.
I’m not buying until I know. I wants the colours!
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Now that's a godphinga Odyssey demo I can say, really showcases the sonic possibilities and Odyssey vibe is has.
Great job on this one, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo668 View Post
Dude, that is really cool.
Thanks folks, always appreciated!
Old 1 hour ago
Gear Head

Quote:

Love that playing, bro!
Old 52 minutes ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Well, the LEDs pull out really easy and are bog standard, any colour led of the same type would slide in, take about 10 minutes to do the lot I recon, so you can probably have whatever colours you want and customise until your hearts content
Old 26 minutes ago
Here for the gear

How to deactivate MIDI clock start/stop?

Hello to the board,

my new Bodyssey has arrived today and i´ve implanted this cool guy over MIDI into my synth-setup. So far.

There´s a big problem: I´m not able to deactivate the MIDI clock start/stop. Everytime i start my PC Ableton live sequencer, the Bodyssey´s sequencer starts to play, too. That´s what i don´t want.

I want to play the Bodyssey over MIDI, but not start the internal Bodysse´s sequencer.

Anyone can tell me, how to deactivate the start/stop MIDI-clock in the Bodyssey?

Thanks a lot.
Old 19 minutes ago
Lives for gear

Details might be in the manual / config document if they’re online . Maybe look through ms101 thread as it might be similar
If it like neutron a config app might appear at some point and allow you to tweak things.
Otherwise just use a blank pattern.

Or stop ableton sending clock ?
Trigger notes via cv/gate in some manner

It’s a very new release but I’d expect firmware / support at some point .
Old 9 minutes ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC View Post
Well, the LEDs pull out really easy and are bog standard, any colour led of the same type would slide in, take about 10 minutes to do the lot I recon, so you can probably have whatever colours you want and customise until your hearts content
well then there's this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinakroon View Post
I did, yes. A customer had some issues with replacing the standard white LEDs with the coloured ones. Even though I haven't been able to reproduce it, I didn't want anyone else potentially end up with the same problem, so I've pulled the kit for now. I might add it again in the future if I can figure out what was causing the problem.

And yes, I guess it could have been related to pre-prod vs factory units.

I do know that the coloured LEds were correctly specced according to one of the lead engineers I've been talking to, so there shouldn't be an issue with voltage or resistance. I'll investigate further and let you know.
Old 8 minutes ago
Here for the gear

There´s nothing about MIDI clock and the sequencer in the manual.

If i use a blank pattern, the Bodyssey-sequencer starts with Ableton live and i can´t play any note over MIDI. The started sequencer (with the blank pattern) blocks the notes. I can´t play a note while the sequencer is triggered from Ableton´s MIDI clock.

I can´t find a function like "MIDI clock receive ON/OFF" so that Ableton (or any other DAW) can send MIDI clock and the synth ignores the start/stop commands.

It´s nothing special and every normal synth has this function.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search