The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Odyssey Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHG View Post
Thanks! I wish I had a way to compare them side by side. I'm sure none of the stores near me will carry either one.

Do we have any idea if Behringer is using some standard Fatar model keys for this Odyssey, or something else?
It’s believed they are using their own mechanism for the Deepmind series, so this would most likely be the same.

BTW The Korg Odyssey FS keys aren’t nearly as bad as people here make them out to be. Perhaps the design isn’t great but to me it feels like a JX-3P or similar lightweight synth-action keys.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by infindebula View Post
It’s believed they are using their own mechanism for the Deepmind series, so this would most likely be the same.

BTW The Korg Odyssey FS keys aren’t nearly as bad as people here make them out to be. Perhaps the design isn’t great but to me it feels like a JX-3P or similar lightweight synth-action keys.
the whole keyboard discussion is ridiculous .. these are all no pianos .. just cheap keyboards .. whether fatar or something else .. there is no real highend in the plastic sector ..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks! I wish I had a way to compare them side by side. I'm sure none of the stores near me will carry either one.

Do we have any idea if Behringer is using some standard Fatar model keys for this Odyssey, or something else?
It's the same keybed as on the DeepMind, but without the aftertouch. Nice and solid feel.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
the whole keyboard discussion is ridiculous .. these are all no pianos .. just cheap keyboards .. whether fatar or something else .. there is no real highend in the plastic sector ..
Well not anymore, use to be.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL Music View Post
Moot Booxle - live stream Behringer Odyssey
I just watched this while 1 hour synth presentation and one thing I must say is this guy is one very talented dude. He did a superb job demonstrating this synth's capabilities and I must say, the Odyssey is one heck of a versatile synth from basses, leads, sound effects (even better with the onboard effects processor too), and duophonic capabilities.

I've always been fascinated about the Odyssey as well as the Minimoog Model D among other classic synths and finally, someone has made a proper full-sized updated version of the Odyssey with good midi specs, an onboard effects processor and sequencer.

Best of all, it sounds really good and the PRICE IS RIGHT!!! I definitely want one of these!!!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinakroon View Post
It's the same keybed as on the DeepMind, but without the aftertouch. Nice and solid feel.
As I understood it in the presentation the Odyssey's keyboard is capable of aftertouch but only sends aftertouch information over Midi. It's just that the Odyssey itself has no way of handling it.
iIRC, they demoed it by controlling the 101 - whose keyboard does not have aftertouch - from the Odyssey.

I can imagine though that in future firmware they might add some way of controlling at least FX parameters via aftertouch.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've read some complaints about the full size keys in the Korg version being poor quality.
Not true in the early 'limited edition' that I have. As to the later mass-produced ones?... Dunno.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zootallure View Post
As I understood it in the presentation the Odyssey's keyboard is capable of aftertouch but only sends aftertouch information over Midi. It's just that the Odyssey itself has no way of handling it.
iIRC, they demoed it by controlling the 101 - whose keyboard does not have aftertouch - from the Odyssey.

I can imagine though that in future firmware they might add some way of controlling at least FX parameters via aftertouch.
It probably means that if you use the CV in you can exploit that with a Kenton box
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf View Post
Not true in the early 'limited edition' that I have. As to the later mass-produced ones?... Dunno.
Seriously? I have one of the ‘limited’ (yeah, right) ‘assembled in the USA’ (wow) versions too - I believe it to be the worst keyboard action I have ever experienced.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by le bouch View Post
Seriously? I have one of the ‘limited’ (yeah, right) ‘assembled in the USA’ (wow) versions too - I believe it to be the worst keyboard action I have ever experienced.
Then you clearly never had a Pro-One!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Ha! Actually I did on release back in the day but in all honesty I can’t remember the action. I stand corrected
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Question: Does the Boddy have an onboard tuner or reference pitch so you know your master tuning is right? Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The J-wire keybed was used on both originals, but the latter Pro-One keybed with bubble contacts still had a longer effective length per key than the KARP.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Is Pro-One's keyboard even worse than Korg Polysix/Poly61?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

So I‘m slow.

But I just realized that this is also a full-fledged Klark Teknik FX box. Albeit in mono, but then again with three different wonderful filters. With a synth on top. For $499. Instabuy.

Yeah yeah, I‘m slow.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamstan View Post
YES
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinw View Post
It probably means that if you use the CV in you can exploit that with a Kenton box
Now it would be the BEE‘S KNEES if they had added aftertouch and velocity CV outs, like they did on the Model D reissue. Not bitchin‘, just sayin‘.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

$399 was mentioned as MSRP.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoerngiesler View Post
Now it would be the BEE‘S KNEES if they had added aftertouch and velocity CV outs, like they did on the Model D reissue. Not bitchin‘, just sayin‘.
The Kenton box can take midi in and convert the AT pressure in CV for the filter.
—> is there a CV in for the filter?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinw View Post
The Kenton box can take midi in and convert the AT pressure in CV for the filter.
—> is there a CV in for the filter?
Nope. I looked at the back pics after I wrote my comment and saw that it would make limited sense. There‘s only a pitch CV in.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoerngiesler View Post
Nope. I looked at the back pics after I wrote my comment and saw that it would make limited sense. There‘s only a pitch CV in.
Too bad... But ok, that was also the case for the original and the Korg version.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
$399 was mentioned as MSRP.
I think 399 Euros was mentioned, which, at the time, translated to about $450USD. Still a terrific price.

I know some folks got the $299 Model D from Musicians Friend on one of their 15% off specials, final price $255. It was one of those where they have a list of "excluded items" a mile long, but if you call, they will usually honor it for most anything. I'm planning to wait for one of those before pulling the trigger on the Odyssey.
Old 4 weeks ago
PHG
Gear Addict

So the Behringer synths can be purchased in the U.S. online from the stores like Musician's Friend and Sweetwater usually?
Old 4 weeks ago
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Does it have instrument in capability?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake100 View Post
Does it have instrument in capability?
Looks like it. Dunno what the signal path is like, though.

Behringer Odyssey
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamstan View Post
The only thing that could have been worse about the Pro-One's keyboard was if they'd put a piece of broken glass on top of each key.

Unless you had a reasonably loud PA the clatter from the keys could be louder than your synth solo!

(I should add that I've recently had the keyboards in both my Pro-Ones replaced and it has transformed them into the performance synths they always should have been!)

Last edited by The Elf; 4 weeks ago at 06:22 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Buying the odyssey and vocoder....lovely jubbly
Old 4 weeks ago
Does the audio input go through the filter and/or effects? I'd really like to run my clone of the Model D through my clone of the illegal ladder filter in the clone of the Odyssey if possible.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search