The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Odyssey
Old 12th October 2020 | Show parent
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonStrom View Post
I tried to control the Behringer Odyssey with the Behringer TD3 via CV/GATE,
but it was way too high pitched and quite off.

Does one of you guys know about this problem?
Actually today I was playing with sending CV/Gate from the Poly D and it worked perfectly.
Old 12th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

second try now with a Hypersynth, same highpitch problem ... mmhhh...
Old 13th October 2020 | Show parent
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
second try now with a Hypersynth, same highpitch problem ... mmhhh...
What happens if you send CV out to CV in?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
What happens if you send CV out to CV in?
Pitch is ok then, and duophon playling blocked ( as it should be)
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Pitch is ok then, and duophon playling blocked ( as it should be)
Ok so it's the CV being sent in that seems to be causing the issue, or else it's about tuning the oscillators. When I connected the PolyD, the oscs were an octave higher to the Poly D (I had them tuned to the 200Hz notch), but otherwise OK since I had then tuned to the rest of the rig.

In any case, there doesn't seem to be a problem with your Odyssey.
Lives for gear

i'll try with the MPCX later, it fires out clean cv/gate
thanks for the advice to test with cvout->cvin!
Old 13th October 2020
Man, after a week, im selling my pro one because the oddy eats it for lunch.... ahahahaahahaaha i like the pro one, but man that filter is no match for the oddy filters, and the fm on the oddy is better too, plus ring mod, the envs are not quite as snappy as the pro one, but its close enough..

DF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease Factory View Post
Man, after a week, im selling my pro one because the oddy eats it for lunch.... ahahahaahahaaha i like the pro one, but man that filter is no match for the oddy filters, and the fm on the oddy is better too, plus ring mod, the envs are not quite as snappy as the pro one, but its close enough..

DF
Wow! Still keeping the Boog though? Which ones have you yet to try, the Wasp and the Cat? This glut of gear means we can be very picky, and it's easy to buy and sell the stuff.
Old 13th October 2020
The cat has bad envs. Wasp is digital osc, so i stayed away plus the looping env is weird. K2 hated the envs. Why keep the boog, the hp, filter fm, and its snap and big sound plus it plays below c1 unlike the pro one. The oddy is the best and so is the boog. The pro one is good, i just prefer ody and boog.

Df
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
The cat has bad envs. Wasp is digital osc, so i stayed away plus the looping env is weird. K2 hated the envs. Why keep the boog, the hp, filter fm, and its snap and big sound plus it plays below c1 unlike the pro one. The oddy is the best and so is the boog. The pro one is good, i just prefer ody and boog.

Df
I've been resisting the Oddy but I can believe it's as good as the Boog. I can't fit an Oddy and a 2600 in though.

I'd get a Wasp if I didn't have a Jasper waiting to be done. They sound really good to me, like a Bass Station without the low resolution controls and with more filter modes.

Old 22nd November 2020
Gear Head

More Behringer Odyssey duophonic action:

Old 23rd November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Spy View Post
More Behringer Odyssey duophonic action:

I loved this little experience
Old 23rd November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
I loved this little experience
Thank you kindly! (The film clip is doing 51% of the work, and I'm fine with that.)
Old 29th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
I just picked up the Behringer Odyssey. Behringer did a wonder job - I love the effects added. Patch memory would have been something I would paid extra for and the same goes for a standard 3 prong power cable.

My initial experience was that of the first synth I ever purchased - the Korg MonoPoly - sounds great but how do I get it to work?! Programing the thing was always a pain and having limited polyphony or mono only was always a limitation.

And why not in 2020 put in patch memory? WHY? I know there are fanboys out there that love no patch thing but the no patch thing was one of the big reasons I ditched my MonoPoly all those years ago (and I do not miss it!).

The sound of this Odyssey is SPECTACULAR.

In case someone does not want to go through 3000 posts, As far as patches I have this:
http://www.arpodyssey.com/patches.html

and this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwRC...crYXFZ&index=1
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:

Df
Since you own both, do you know if it's possible to send velocity CV from the Odyssey to the Boog? I have the Oddy and thinking of grabbing the Boog also but and I don't want to deal with a keystep and minikeys.
Gear Nut

Just jamming on a famous bass line with my odyssey saw and square an octave apart with some ring mod

There are a couple of more odyssey videos in this Bass Christmas Calendar. I hope you enjoy!
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam Solo View Post

There are a couple of more odyssey videos in this Bass Christmas Calendar. I hope you enjoy!
Awesome! And you really "busted" that one out.....

I love it.... "If you don't know this one... you must be a guitarist!" LOL.....
Gear Nut

Thank you so much!! I'm recharging a bit now after 24 episodes and hope to bring you more and better stuff in 2021.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock View Post
I really wanted to like this video... but "1,2,3,4,foive, you can get foive notes down on it" and "this is a basically a one sounding keyboard isn't it? with just those variations on that one sound am I right?" Sorry man, you're not lol. I do appreciate the bubbling beer as a decoration though, I have one myself roight now!

I kind of do still like the video come to think of it
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

That might be the worst video I've ever seen. Hopefully, neither of those two have sired children.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Well they make a change from the usual gear review vids. They've done a TD-3 one:

Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by piano View Post
And why not in 2020 put in patch memory? WHY? I know there are fanboys out there that love no patch thing but the no patch thing was one of the big reasons I ditched my MonoPoly all those years ago (and I do not miss it!).
The Behringer re-creations like the Boog and the Bodyssey are all probably 95%-98% analog circuitry identical to the originals. They're not digital re-creations, using modeling or sampling, so adding patch memory just isn't possible. You'd need something like those "preset" modules that Emerson had built for his big modular - expensive and fiddly. While I suppose it would be possible to replace all the pots with encoders or something like that, I'm guessing it would add a lot to the cost, and I've heard those kinds of controls don't have the fine precision of real analog pots, and would probably disappoint a lot of folks. Anyway, I think Uli's goal was to reproduce the originals as faithfully as possible, and judging by my Model D, he has succeeded spectacularly.
📝 Reply