The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer RD808 Analog Drum Machine
Old 20th January 2019
  #1771
Deleted 48a4a93
Guest
it is, at least in the original design happy modding
Old 20th January 2019
  #1772
Gear Maniac
 

On one of the pics there was a bass drum tune knob in the accent column.

edit, it's still there on those unboxing pics.
Old 20th January 2019
  #1773
Deleted 48a4a93
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete1024 View Post
On one of the pics there was a bass drum tune knob in the accent column.

edit, it's still there on those unboxing pics.
yep true, it's probably below accent! thank god!
Old 20th January 2019
  #1774
Gear Guru
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitshcykaa View Post
Could it be a digipot and controlled with the data encoder?
you could be right and they didn't want to change the faceplate

i also remember there is some parameter locking on this, might only transient designer but maybe it is other features too, oh well we will know next week so no rush
Old 20th January 2019
  #1775
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
you could be right and they didn't want to change the faceplate

i also remember there is some parameter locking on this, might only transient designer but maybe it is other features too, oh well we will know next week so no rush
Aural control what else, it just needs an aural cat

Old 20th January 2019
  #1776
Lives for gear
 
01rsa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete1024 View Post
On one of the pics there was a bass drum tune knob in the accent column.

edit, it's still there on those unboxing pics.
You're right..I forgot it was in the accent section, now this little horizontal line makes no doubt it's there.
Old 20th January 2019
  #1777
Lives for gear
 
ArtFluids's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01rsa View Post
You're right..I forgot it was in the accent section, now this little horizontal line makes no doubt it's there.
It's a good aesthetic choice to put it there actually.
Old 20th January 2019
  #1778
Lives for gear
 
breakmixer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js.theracon View Post
This fellow is Michael Lapke, and he works for Behringer.
He doesn't do videos for that very reason :-)
So it's looking likely the RD-808 and 909 will be shipping at the same time.
Old 20th January 2019
  #1779
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js.theracon View Post
It seems there are no additional controls for bass drum and snare
If you look closely at this pic, you can see the added controls are STILL THERE!!! This includes the pitch tuning for bass drum, filters for hihats, and clap offset controls:



See the "Tone" knobs for the open and closed hats, the "Offset" knob for the clap?

The bass drum tuning knob is the red knob directly below the "Accent" knob.

As far as the snare goes, there were never any additional controls added for the snare. Although I would've liked to see a "Decay" knob for the snare (like on the TR8), I was pretty happy with the default short and snappy decay I heard in the demos. As long as they calibrated the snare properly in the factory with that short snappy decay, a decay knob isn't really needed.
Old 20th January 2019
  #1780
Lives for gear
 
Stevism's Avatar
the only analog drum machine i've ever even thought about getting was an 808

damn it i need to make some room
Old 20th January 2019
  #1781
Deleted 7dfbaf4
Guest
I need the matching jupiter8 mr. behringer
Old 20th January 2019
  #1782
Gear Addict
 

And if the sound and timing is there, then this would be better than the original. Exciting times
Old 20th January 2019
  #1783
Looks exactly like the one they showed a few months ago, extra controls/labels and reversed colors. Dunno why they used a year old picture in that FB post a few weeks ago.

If this has full parameter locks (I seem to remember them saying that?) it's going to be something else. Something way better than an 808.
Old 20th January 2019
  #1784
Lives for gear
 

here good the see

Old 20th January 2019
  #1785
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robleighton22 View Post
And if the sound and timing is there, then this would be better than the original. Exciting times




2019 will be a year for the history books.
Old 20th January 2019
  #1786
Gear Maniac
 

could this be the first clone that sounds 1:1?
Old 20th January 2019
  #1787
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808BD View Post
could this be the first clone that sounds 1:1?
Let’s not get too swept away in the excitement until good audio demos are provided
Old 20th January 2019
  #1788
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvmoore View Post
If you look closely at this pic, you can see the added controls are STILL THERE!!! This includes the pitch tuning for bass drum, filters for hihats, and clap offset controls

See the "Tone" knobs for the open and closed hats, the "Offset" knob for the clap?

The bass drum tuning knob is the red knob directly below the "Accent" knob.

As far as the snare goes, there were never any additional controls added for the snare. Although I would've liked to see a "Decay" knob for the snare (like on the TR8), I was pretty happy with the default short and snappy decay I heard in the demos. As long as they calibrated the snare properly in the factory with that short snappy decay, a decay knob isn't really needed.
I've only enlarged the central picture at first, where the accent row is hidden (and didn't remember they've placed the BD tuning knob there)
The other mods were clearly visible.

We also have a good look on the modern features of the sequencer, the "rand" and "prob" buttons being the most interesting as they probably stand for "random" and "probability"
Old 20th January 2019
  #1789
Gear Maniac
 

I’m torn between the 808 and the 909, I’ve never got into the drum machine thing but would like to. Do these two machines program the same way? I
Old 20th January 2019
  #1790
Deleted 46dc28f
Guest
Old 20th January 2019
  #1791
Gear Addict
 

I wonder how their approach to the noise circuit is, given that the OG was build using hand-binned transistors from an out-of-spec batch. Wasn't the story that Roland ceased producing 808's because they ran out of stock?
Old 20th January 2019
  #1792
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC8364R7 View Post
I wonder how their approach to the noise circuit is, given that the OG was build using hand-binned transistors from an out-of-spec batch. Wasn't the story that Roland ceased producing 808's because they ran out of stock?
They've taken a different tack. Uli has personally handled many of the capacitors, imbuing them with a cosmic energy that will be slow-released across the universe
Old 20th January 2019
  #1793
Gear Addict
 
SUPERHANS's Avatar
 

is it SMD ?>
Old 20th January 2019
  #1794
Lives for gear
 
matt pinchin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERHANS View Post
is it SMD ?>
All of the behringer clones use surface mount components. This has been discussed at length within these threads and proven that it does not affect the sound in any way. The model d clone is extremely accurate in its sound and that is surface mount.
Old 20th January 2019
  #1795
Gear Addict
 
SUPERHANS's Avatar
 

does that mean once they are broken they are broken
Old 20th January 2019
  #1796
Old 20th January 2019
  #1797
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERHANS View Post
is it SMD ?>
Yes,,,,, Just like all Sequential stuff, 99% of new Moog stuff, All Roland,Korg and Yamaha stuff, Waldorf plus others.
Old 20th January 2019
  #1798
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERHANS View Post
does that mean once they are broken they are broken
Nope...... Plus Behringer give you 3 years warranty.... 99% of other companies give you 1 year.
Old 20th January 2019
  #1799
Lives for gear
Will the trolling EVER END?
Old 20th January 2019
  #1800
Gear Guru
 
EvilDragon's Avatar
Welcome to Internet.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 165 views: 57041
Avatar for NawSon
NawSon 13th May 2019
replies: 12103 views: 1447070
Avatar for login
login 6th December 2017
replies: 2109 views: 227147
Avatar for MpcMc
MpcMc 2 days ago
replies: 184 views: 21158
Avatar for Maniac 7777
Maniac 7777 21st July 2020
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump