The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer RD808 Analog Drum Machine
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy.hudd View Post
have you tried changing the trigger out settings in the rd8 synth tool?
Yes. the tool only allows to change which instrument is assigned to trigger output, it does not change the actual trigger voltage or shape. I am using LT for trig 1, CB for trig 2 and Accent for trig 3... no luck.. the trig wave shape needs to be different to run the Juno arp clock.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by werds1 View Post
Some testing I tried with my setup.... I am trying to run my Juno 60 arp from 1 of the RD8 trigger outs and it works but the juno's sound will drop out for a second every other pass of the sequencer... When I use the trigger out of my FR777 the Juno responds perfectly and super tight.
I recorded the trigger outputs and the RD8s look different from the FR777. the RD8 has a positive and negative waveform while the FR777 has a positive sharp envelope waveform. The RD8 signal is way hotter then the FR777 also. I think I will give the trigger converter cable a try and see if that solves the problem.. I really want to use the RD8s triggers instead of wasting the FR777 on arp duty....
Just tested this out and worked perfectly with each trigger out. In fact I was able to drive the arp forward on the ms-1 and juno-60 at the same time.

Try a different cable, try a different version of the firmware, or try both.
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
All is OK now... it was just the way I was sequencing the JUNO 60 from my MPC2kxl. Changed it up and now perfect tight sync. feeling it...ready to write some muxic....
📝 Reply