The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer RD808 Analog Drum Machine
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
indeed,a massive machine for such ltd use, no way i would keep it in that scenario either
Yeah I think if I'm going to be doing stuff in the box with the ES-9 and multi-tracking hardware I'd get a lot more enjoyment using the synths I already have for drums and percussion.

Something like the dreadbox drips is closer to the sorts of drum sounds I like than the 808.
Old 18 hours ago
Here for the gear
I can confirm using the RD-8 as a sound module is risky business. Unit crashes often, has weird delayed timing that will vary depending on how long it has been lit. Its not my midi interface, i use RME fireface 800, rock solid kit. Lot of missed hits as well. Its not impossible to track with, just annoying.

On a positive note i think the sound of it is just fine. No pre-amping needed as opposed to my two red ms-101 units. Seems they invested in some good trafo's this time around.

All in all i am happy albeit slightly annoyed, but it beats NOT having an 808. Looking forward to FW update.
Old 10 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renge Miyauchi View Post
I've been considering swooping up an RD-8 (and perhaps an RD-9 too when it comes out).
But, I just wanna use the RD-8 as a sound-module, triggered-from/slaved-to my MPC60-master-sequencer via MIDI.

Any bugs or undesired-quirks when using the RD-8 slaved (to a different master-sequencer/MPC) as an external sound-module?
(or, are their only bugs/problems when trying to slave and/or sync the RD-8's internal-sequencer to another master-sequencer?)

Also, when externally triggered, is there Velocity? Or, is it always just full on 100% On when triggered?
I run mine from MPC1000 all the time. Boom Boom Boom. Or whatever you want. I have not got deep into clock with my current setup yet, but once I learned to hit stop before changing songs, after 1st FW update, it's been my daily beat buddy.

I'm leaning son clave and timbao with it last few days. Interface is pleasant to use once you know it. Sound is fantastic, and every voice has large range.

Uli is the latest in a long line of Robber Baron nutcases.....look how biazare behavior and beliefs effected sales of Fords. We know all about Uli, God knows what's under the carpet at some of the other places.

keepers by unoh7, on Flickr

These are both great builds, with more metal in DM12. Never selling that thing, either.

Note Mackie FX8v2 underneath.....I may breakdown and get a TR18 but not looking forward to Ipad sliders....which is what makes the RD-8 awesome. No squinting.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search