The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer RD808 Analog Drum Machine
Old 46 minutes ago
Gear Maniac

Not too sure about 'clone' as there is a quantum no cloning theory but you could probably run with 'the good regulator theorm - that every good regulator is a model of that which it regulates.'

I think we come under the regulator banner. We are models of the synthesisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital 1010 View Post
If reality is really a simulation would it mean everything is a clone ?

And if reality is my own personal created simulation does it mean I created all the synthesisers ?
Old 34 minutes ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnybody View Post
Not too sure about 'clone' as there is a quantum no cloning theory but you could probably run with 'the good regulator theorm - that every good regulator is a model of that which it regulates.'

I think we come under the regulator banner. We are models of the synthesisers
It could also mean that if there are infinite dimensions then somewhere Roland cloned Behringer so fairs fair really.
Old 21 minutes ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
Ordered today from Thomann - says 5-6 weeks. Unbelievable that this full sized analog machine is cheaper than the toy sized digital TR-08.
Well, what you call "toy sized" is a personal opinion. Some people (like me) appreciate the small foot-print.
Second, the TR08 is a Roland product: and so carries some of the original's DNA (along with the price premium due to being a Roland product, and R/D for the ACB tech.).
Third, price comparisons are premature bordering on meaningless until/unless you can compare the sounds, features set, and durability of each.

Old 4 minutes ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by time_zone View Post
Well, what you call "toy sized" is a personal opinion. Some people (like me) appreciate the small foot-print.
Second, the TR08 is a Roland product: and so carries some of the original's DNA (along with the price premium due to being a Roland product, and R/D for the ACB tech.).
Third, price comparisons are premature bordering on meaningless until/unless you can compare the sounds, features set, and durability of each.

Roland TR-08 is just a plugin in a box, so more like a midi controller hooked up to a stripped down computer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search