The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Omnisphere 2.5 - new built-in hardware integration
Old 27th March 2019
Lives for gear

2.6 is out.

Spectrasonics News - Omnisphere 2.6 Released!

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the Korg Radias made it onto the list of supported hardware
Old 11th September 2019
Lives for gear

Anyone using Omnisphere with Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol MK2? Is Omnisphere NKS compatible, are the patchnames shown in the screen?
Old 11th September 2019
Lives for gear

Worked with Omni seamlessly here, using Moog subphatty and Nord stage 3. It really is incredible software ref. The hardware integration. Excellent innovative concept executed almost flawlessly. Only thing I struggle with a little is recording automation.
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse View Post
Anyone using Omnisphere with Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol MK2? Is Omnisphere NKS compatible, are the patchnames shown in the screen?
Guess not, which sucks, but there’s a third party template available according to Google.
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

Any word from Spectrasonics about integrating Hydrasynth, new Rolands, and Argon8 yet?
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ999x View Post
Worked with Omni seamlessly here, using Moog subphatty and Nord stage 3. It really is incredible software ref. The hardware integration. Excellent innovative concept executed almost flawlessly. Only thing I struggle with a little is recording automation.
As per automation, what DAW are you using. It works very well in Cubase, at least for me. Right click on the parameter you want to automate and select "Enable Host Automation". Just remember to click "show used automation" on the track.
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Dear O-Team,

Please pre-order an ASM Hydrasynth keyboard and module and get to work!

The Hydrasynth should be an AWESOME controller and sonic design partner for Omnisphere 2.

Old 3rd November 2019
Gear Maniac

didn't find any info about this in the manual and not having omni yet,

can you customize a hardware integration layout? for example to change a knob on a synth to do anything else that was programmed by Spectrasonics?

also do you know the if a cc knob can be programmed to go through all the wavetables? (or needs a NRPN gen value)

thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The Omnisphere 2.6 Quick Start pdf guide is 937 pages long!?

The FULL Omnisphere 2.6 pdf manual has only 2 more pages, coming in at 939.

I guess taking out 2 pages does make for a quicker read, but seriously?

Guess I've got some reading. Damn... I knew I should have taken that speed reading course back in 1980.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

thanks for your time grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory View Post
The Omnisphere 2.6 Quick Start pdf guide is 937 pages long!?

The FULL Omnisphere 2.6 pdf manual has only 2 more pages, coming in at 939.

I guess taking out 2 pages does make for a quicker read, but seriously?

Guess I've got some reading. Damn... I knew I should have taken that speed reading course back in 1980.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto_ro View Post
thanks for your time grandpa
I wasn't soliciting your thanks kid. Just making an ironic observation (which at least I, pluto's gandpappy, thought was funny). You can get back to your Nintendo now.

And, for the record, the more deep and detailed documentation, the better afaic.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Someone is not having a good day today :P

Yes, I need to go to my nintendo every day, it is my profession even if I am not as detailed like granpa

Regarding the ironic side of the discussion I preffer the ones that are more subtle and refined, but hey what to expect from old rusty gradpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory View Post
I wasn't soliciting your thanks kid. Just making an ironic observation (which at least I, pluto's gandpappy, thought was funny). You can get back to your Nintendo now.

And, for the record, the more deep and detailed documentation, the better afaic.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I see someone is doubling down on some dumb a$$. Good for you, it seems perfectly fitting for a lil' punk!

And, yes, I made the call! Nintendo punk and a professional one at that.

Folks... you can't make this stuff up, ironically!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto_ro View Post
Someone is not having a good day today :P

Yes, I need to go to my nintendo every day, it is my profession even if I am not as detailed like granpa

Regarding the ironic side of the discussion I preffer the ones that are more subtle and refined, but hey what to expect from old rusty gradpa
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I have a question about hardware integration in omni.

I have a Rev2 , a JD-XA and a MS20 IC in compatible hardware.

If i want to use the OB-6 synth in Omni, could i still control it from one of my "controllers" or are they kind of fixed to their own models?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
I have a question about hardware integration in omni.

I have a Rev2 , a JD-XA and a MS20 IC in compatible hardware.

If i want to use the OB-6 synth in Omni, could i still control it from one of my "controllers" or are they kind of fixed to their own models?
I may be wrong, but I believe as soon as you touch a knob or other controller when in Hardware mode in Omni, it'll map to its interpretation of the synth. Otherwise, you'd use it in standard mode and just map the hardware like any other MIDI hardware controller.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search