The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Omnisphere 2.5 - new built-in hardware integration
Old 27th March 2019
Lives for gear

2.6 is out.

Spectrasonics News - Omnisphere 2.6 Released!

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the Korg Radias made it onto the list of supported hardware
Old 11th September 2019
Lives for gear

Anyone using Omnisphere with Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol MK2? Is Omnisphere NKS compatible, are the patchnames shown in the screen?
Old 11th September 2019
Lives for gear

Worked with Omni seamlessly here, using Moog subphatty and Nord stage 3. It really is incredible software ref. The hardware integration. Excellent innovative concept executed almost flawlessly. Only thing I struggle with a little is recording automation.
Old 12th September 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse View Post
Anyone using Omnisphere with Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol MK2? Is Omnisphere NKS compatible, are the patchnames shown in the screen?
Guess not, which sucks, but there’s a third party template available according to Google.
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

Any word from Spectrasonics about integrating Hydrasynth, new Rolands, and Argon8 yet?
Old 19th September 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ999x View Post
Worked with Omni seamlessly here, using Moog subphatty and Nord stage 3. It really is incredible software ref. The hardware integration. Excellent innovative concept executed almost flawlessly. Only thing I struggle with a little is recording automation.
As per automation, what DAW are you using. It works very well in Cubase, at least for me. Right click on the parameter you want to automate and select "Enable Host Automation". Just remember to click "show used automation" on the track.
Old 19th September 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Dear O-Team,

Please pre-order an ASM Hydrasynth keyboard and module and get to work!

The Hydrasynth should be an AWESOME controller and sonic design partner for Omnisphere 2.

Old 3rd November 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

didn't find any info about this in the manual and not having omni yet,

can you customize a hardware integration layout? for example to change a knob on a synth to do anything else that was programmed by Spectrasonics?

also do you know the if a cc knob can be programmed to go through all the wavetables? (or needs a NRPN gen value)

thanks
Old 14th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

The Omnisphere 2.6 Quick Start pdf guide is 937 pages long!?

The FULL Omnisphere 2.6 pdf manual has only 2 more pages, coming in at 939.

I guess taking out 2 pages does make for a quicker read, but seriously?

Guess I've got some reading. Damn... I knew I should have taken that speed reading course back in 1980.
Gear Maniac

thanks for your time grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory View Post
The Omnisphere 2.6 Quick Start pdf guide is 937 pages long!?

The FULL Omnisphere 2.6 pdf manual has only 2 more pages, coming in at 939.

I guess taking out 2 pages does make for a quicker read, but seriously?

Guess I've got some reading. Damn... I knew I should have taken that speed reading course back in 1980.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto_ro View Post
thanks for your time grandpa
I wasn't soliciting your thanks kid. Just making an ironic observation (which at least I, pluto's gandpappy, thought was funny). You can get back to your Nintendo now.

And, for the record, the more deep and detailed documentation, the better afaic.
Old 16th November 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Someone is not having a good day today :P

Yes, I need to go to my nintendo every day, it is my profession even if I am not as detailed like granpa

Regarding the ironic side of the discussion I preffer the ones that are more subtle and refined, but hey what to expect from old rusty gradpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory View Post
I wasn't soliciting your thanks kid. Just making an ironic observation (which at least I, pluto's gandpappy, thought was funny). You can get back to your Nintendo now.

And, for the record, the more deep and detailed documentation, the better afaic.
Old 16th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I see someone is doubling down on some dumb a$$. Good for you, it seems perfectly fitting for a lil' punk!

And, yes, I made the call! Nintendo punk and a professional one at that.

Folks... you can't make this stuff up, ironically!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto_ro View Post
Someone is not having a good day today :P

Yes, I need to go to my nintendo every day, it is my profession even if I am not as detailed like granpa

Regarding the ironic side of the discussion I preffer the ones that are more subtle and refined, but hey what to expect from old rusty gradpa
Old 27th November 2019
Lives for gear

I have a question about hardware integration in omni.

I have a Rev2 , a JD-XA and a MS20 IC in compatible hardware.

If i want to use the OB-6 synth in Omni, could i still control it from one of my "controllers" or are they kind of fixed to their own models?
Old 27th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
I have a question about hardware integration in omni.

I have a Rev2 , a JD-XA and a MS20 IC in compatible hardware.

If i want to use the OB-6 synth in Omni, could i still control it from one of my "controllers" or are they kind of fixed to their own models?
I may be wrong, but I believe as soon as you touch a knob or other controller when in Hardware mode in Omni, it'll map to its interpretation of the synth. Otherwise, you'd use it in standard mode and just map the hardware like any other MIDI hardware controller.
Old 22nd December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 View Post
Otherwise, you'd use it in standard mode and just map the hardware like any other MIDI hardware controller.
Doesnt it kind of defeat the purpose if it jumps back to its default model as soon as i touch a knob after changing filtertype or wavetable?

I wish there was a demo, so i could test it myself.
Old 22nd December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I guess the philosophy behind it is that it's supposed to act as an extension/replacement of your actual synth, not let your synth be a different synth.

I generally never use that mode. The idea sounded better than the implementation. Admittedly, I only have one hardware synth right now, so maybe people with several like it more.
Old 23rd December 2019
Lives for gear

How well does the hardware integration work with multiple instances of Omni on different tracks of my daw? Will it automatically start controlling the instance I’ve record armed in ableton? Or can I only integrate one instance at a time?
Old 31st December 2019
Lives for gear

I was able to able to confirm that you can use the same HW synth on multiple instances of Omni with HW integration.

However, now I’m trying to simply map my old school regular midi controller knob to omnisphere and having an issue. Am I doing something wrong? What I want is to map some basics like filter, envelopes, etc, but when I do, I can only map each layer separately. Is there a way to map to all layers at the same time?

I know there is a link button to link the layers, but for some reason, that linking button won’t save as part of a saved patch. When I recall a patch with saved mappings, the linking always defaults to not linked. I’m using ableton.

Is there a way to get the linking to stay, or a way to map to all four layers?
Old 1st February 2020
Gear Nut

Im new to the thread.

Im considering on buying the new Modal Argon , the 8x version. I see it obviously as not integrated with the omnisphere because its a new synth.
So what are possible solutions for this scenario where there is now official support of integration?
It just wont work or...?
Old 1st February 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filterism View Post
Im new to the thread.

Im considering on buying the new Modal Argon , the 8x version. I see it obviously as not integrated with the omnisphere because its a new synth.
So what are possible solutions for this scenario where there is now official support of integration?
It just wont work or...?
Yeah, that's my guess. But I think it would be possible to start from a template you find close enough, remap the physical controllers and resave it. I think the template is in XML and if you spend time with it, you could probably build one yourself.

/C
Old 16th September 2020
Gear Maniac
This thing is huge. Why isn't this thread like 824 pages long? Are people still deeply in their respective camps?

Persing built a bridge for us.
Old 16th September 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarsell View Post
This thing is huge. Why isn't this thread like 824 pages long? Are people still deeply in their respective camps?

Persing built a bridge for us.
Maybe I can't figure out how to use it right, but I don't like how it changes the filter, for example, based on the synth you're using. I just want a controller, not a controller taking over. Is there a way to disable that aspect? If not, I'll personally never use the feature as all it does is annoy me.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Sry guys quick question regarding Omnisphere.

Can I delete all the factory presets? I know the way Omnisphere Library is built it's tricky, but I really need to hide/delete them in order to focus on my patches and some external sound libraries only. Too many crap presets in the menu.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Is the Waldorf Quantum supported yet, so that Omnisphere can be controlled by it?
📝 Reply