The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Gecho Loopsynth
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Addict

Gecho Loopsynth

Search tool not finding any hits for Gecho which I find surprising.

It’s a thing of beauty both visually and aurally. gechologic.com | Home of The Awesome Gecho Loopsynth

This video sold me - awaiting delivery - anyone else ?

Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear
First I've heard of it.. but I think I'll get one when they're next in stock. Seem sold out of both the built and kits
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
First I've heard of it.. but I think I'll get one when they're next in stock. Seem sold out of both the built and kits
I ordered mine when BoBeats did his video. Appears a lot of other people had the same idea and we got an email from the maker saying to bear with him as he'll have to do some catching up

That was a couple of weeks ago I think so hoping for something relatively soon
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Maniac
sold !
on the waiting list
dope af!
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

How much are they?
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapro View Post
How much are they?
I paid 161 Euros for an assembled one
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Too small for me, i’m Not a toddler. If they want to make it bigger in a metal case i’d Consider it
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobbo View Post
I paid 161 Euros for an assembled one
Thankyou
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Maniac

Damn...that's pretty cool! I'm not quite sure what he is pressing with his fingers but I love the instant snag-n-loop manipulation of sound. As a noise maker it looks great as well. That "old-ish" wooden box looks like it should contain some ancient artifact...or at least a set of Baoding Balls. Cheers.
Old 2nd May 2018
Gear Addict

Well mine is shipped and is in the UK according to tracking. Happy days.

Ian

PS yes, I am also in the UK
Old 3rd May 2018
Gear Addict

Tried to deliver today and wasn't in :(

Hopefully pick it up tomorrow
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

Very interesting indeed. Good price as well
Old 5th May 2018
Gear Addict

OK - I've got it. I don't know what to make of it apart from one thing. It is just incredibly beautiful and evocative. This thing is actually making me want to cry as I sit here. It's 9am on a Saturday so no, I am not drunk.

I should try and read the manual but skipping through presets (or channels this box terms them) and just playing is so much fun. It is less like playing an instrument and more like some emotional journey into some mind altering state.

I can remember wow moments in my past - where something technical just makes you smile. I've not had that feeling for a decade - maybe two. I have it now.

This thing - this thing - this thing - has made me smile, nearly cry and left me lost for words for the last 30 minutes. This has pushed my buttons big time.

More later maybe - or maybe I'll just close the curtains and lie here with headphones on dribbling gently for the rest of the weekend.
Old 25th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Bump, any more opinions on this thing now a few months down the line?
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

Waiting for the midi version ....
Old 26th October 2018
Gear Guru

First I’ve heard of this, but it seems like a must have. I think I’ll wait for the upgraded version with the MIDI, though.
Old 26th October 2018
Gear Addict

Yes, it's a lovely 'toy' but the lack of connectivity is an issue to actually using it for anything more than watching people go slack jawed with awe as they sit there with their headphones on.

It's probably the most beautiful instrument I own visually and audio wise.
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, it's a lovely 'toy' but the lack of connectivity is an issue to actually using it for anything more than watching people go slack jawed with awe as they sit there with their headphones on.

It's probably the most beautiful instrument I own visually and audio wise.
From the website:

"MIDI extension: If you are interested in it, please consider waiting for the upgraded version which should be available for pre‑order early next year. It has a dedicated 3.5mm Jack connector to be used with a break-out cable compatible with your other devices."

Details here: Making more Gechos | gechologic.com
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
This thing - this thing - this thing - has made me smile, nearly cry and left me lost for words for the last 30 minutes. This has pushed my buttons big time.
Thanks for your review. Can't wait for the midi version. Can non-computer programmers create their own channels, or do you have to wait for someone to create and share a channel and then you download it?

Also, this is what it will sound like when we first communicate with aliens. They'll hear our primitive utterances and reply with the most mesmerizing versions of our voices imaginable. We'll be so moved that we'll immediately imprison them and shove 'em into a carnival. Because humans, amirite?

Last edited by robotunes; 27th October 2018 at 04:04 AM..
Old 27th October 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotunes View Post
Thanks for your review. Can't wait for the midi version. Can non-computer programmers create their own channels, or do you have to wait for someone to create and share a channel and then you download it?

Also, this is what it will sound like when we first communicate with aliens. They'll hear our primitive utterances and reply with the most mesmerizing versions of our voices imaginable. We'll be so moved that we'll immediately imprison them and shove 'em into a carnival. Because humans, amirite?
AFAIK non computer programmers can't add any new channels. You need to program it.

I may buy another one when the MIDI comes. They really are *beautiful* works of art.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

I just received my updated version with the mentioned midi integration. Still trying to get my bearings with it a bit, it's not super intuitive to me. Anyone else recently received one and playing?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

I got mine a couple of days ago as well, and it looks and sounds beautiful!

It's certainly confusing to operate at first, as there are a lot of controls whose function changes depending on which channel (preset) you have selected. However, based on some of the sounds I've managed to get thus far I'm very very pleased indeed that I decided to order one, and I'm sure I've only started to scratch the surface of its sonic possibilities.

So far, version 2 seems to offer fewer different channels than version 1, but now that the hardware backlog is shipping so quickly I'm fully expecting Mario to be adding more for us V2 owners fairly quickly.

Gorgeous!

Martin
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search