The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Sequential Prophet X
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Hey gang,

I resampled these to get cleaner sounding samples, and I renamed the pack to "Replicants" in case Black Corporation wants to be bullish on the name "Deckard's Dream".

It's all available here: http://modulatable.com/Replicants/

The sample pack has slimmed down a bit to around 18GB. I have divided the download into 20 smaller zip files for easier downloading. And I tweaked some of the presets (also available at the link above). Most of the presets are the same, so if you've done your own preset tweaking and don't want to trying combining banks, you probably don't need to download the new presets. Most of them are the same, and the ones that were tweaked were only done so slightly. One exception: there is a new sample instrument (10 Keyboards // 86. SF) and there is a preset buried somewhere in the 256 that uses that new sample instrument.

Enjoy, and as always, feedback welcomed.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

[deep voice]

We're gonna need a bigger hard drive
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S h a w View Post

Enjoy, and as always, feedback welcomed.
there is still a regular (actually constant) network error fail at 100-250 megs. I havent been able to download one yet

edit* seems ok one at a time

Last edited by rasseru; 4 weeks ago at 12:11 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasseru View Post
there is still a regular (actually constant) network error fail at 100-250 megs. I havent been able to download one yet

edit* seems ok one at a time
Let me know if these smaller file sizes don’t work for you and we’ll figure something else out for you. I checked the server logs yesterday and was surprised at the number of times the original file had been downloaded — so it is working. But regardless, these smaller files should me more easily accessible to more people.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Let me know if these smaller file sizes don’t work for you and we’ll figure something else out for you. I checked the server logs yesterday and was surprised at the number of times the original file had been downloaded — so it is working. But regardless, these smaller files should me more easily accessible to more people.
Worked great for me.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yeah I was greedy and it didn't like my spam download technique
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah I was greedy and it didn't like my spam download technique
Most web browsers only allow two simultaneous connections to the same domain, so chances are you were timing out on a lot of the downloads since each individual file takes a non-trivial amount of time to retrieve.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

to be fair on my spammy download I couldnt download the OG big file as that timed out so there was defo something going on.

Is there a hard limit on the amount of samples per user bank?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is there a hard limit on the amount of samples per user bank?
None that I'm aware of. Keep in mind that the complete 150GB factory set is considered one "bank" and is managed using all the same technology under the hood as a user bank. The only documented limits I'm aware of are 98 instruments in each of 17 categories in each bank, 1.5GB per instrument, with 20 velocity layers, 20 round-robin samples per layer, on each of 128 keys.
Old 4 weeks ago
rsv
Gear Head

Hello shaw
I have the v1 already that you put weeks before . Do i need to download the 18 gb from this version again ? Thanks for doing this for the prophet x community
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Personally, I had many failed attempts at downloading the big file of Deckard's Dream samples. Then I found this article: http://best-mac-tips.com/2012/02/05/...ken-downloads/

That helped me out. Nice sounds by the way! Great effort!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv View Post
Hello shaw
I have the v1 already that you put weeks before . Do i need to download the 18 gb from this version again ? Thanks for doing this for the prophet x community
If you’re happy with the first version, no need to re-download version 2. But I did resample all 182 Instrument and IMHO the new versions sound a lot better. There’s still some “airiness” or “noise” in some of the sample instruments, but it’s as intended as opposed to “oh, I wasn’t wanting to get that”.

If I had decided to sample one of my other synths first, I wouldn’t have had this issue. The Deckard easily has a noisier output than my other synths (not a complaint, just an observation, love the Deckard). For example, and just for contrast, the 002 is dead quiet at the outputs.

And for those who prefer one large download file (instead of 20 smaller ones), I am uploading that file now and should have it available later this evening.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

For those preferring one large downloadable file for the Replicants samples, it's now available online: http://modulatable.com/Replicants/

Enjoy!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm getting unexpected end of archive/corrupt error on archives 13+

I tried to re-download and they are the same, cant extract, could you just check them, or anyone else here not having this issue?

I also told Cortana to f off because I kept clicking her damn microphone icon and as soon as that happened windows search stopped working so i'll try apologising to her as well
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I haven’t been able to download the full file yet either. The host site is really slow
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
I haven’t been able to download the full file yet either. The host site is really slow
have you tried the separate files though? i got by with 2 at a time as mentioned, and some of them work, so there is a bunch ready to use
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm getting unexpected end of archive/corrupt error on archives 13+

I tried to re-download and they are the same, cant extract, could you just check them, or anyone else here not having this issue?

I also told Cortana to f off because I kept clicking her damn microphone icon and as soon as that happened windows search stopped working so i'll try apologising to her as well
Downloaded all without issue.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

i think it might be my VPN
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I've found something annoying, hopefully user error

set 'Sample VEL' to just one layer

Turn off VCA Velocity

VCA velocity toggle doesn't work

any ideas anyone?

@ Pym if you read this
Old 4 weeks ago
rsv
Gear Head

thank you for the info shaw . this pack sound good too and have 2gb less than the other one .
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I was also able to download and decompress them all yesterday, so I don’t think there’s an issue on Shaw’s end. What zip client are you using to decompress the download?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
I was also able to download and decompress them all yesterday, so I don’t think there’s an issue on Shaw’s end. What zip client are you using to decompress the download?
its fine, it was something to do with my VPN

not sure what is going on with this velocity bug though ..... i'll open a ticket

edit* yes, confirmed as a bug and put on the list, hopefully for next update

Last edited by rasseru; 4 weeks ago at 07:59 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Hey gang,

While GoDaddy servers were “working”, I wasn’t getting a good enough download / upload speed from the servers for modulatable.com, so I migrated the site to Amazon AWS servers. I’m seeing much better download / upload speeds from my location (Eastern half of the U.S.), and others have commented that they are getting much faster downloads from the West coast of the U.S.

Anyone who may have given up in frustration, please retry. The Amazon servers are about as good as exist.

When you go to the download page, you’ll know you’re on the new server if you see a yellow banner saying that I’ve moved the site to Amazon AWS servers (like what you see in the attached screenshot). If you don’t see the yellow banner, check back in a day. Sometimes it takes a while for server changes to propagate through systems... and you may need to clear your web browsers cache.

Cheers, enjoy, and as always, feedback is welcomed!
Attached Thumbnails
Sequential Prophet X-f5946b52-6e20-46aa-bd95-41019a28878e.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey gang,

While GoDaddy servers were “working”, I wasn’t getting a good enough download / upload speed from the servers for modulatable.com, so I migrated the site to Amazon AWS servers. I’m seeing much better download / upload speeds from my location (Eastern half of the U.S.), and others have commented that they are getting much faster downloads from the West coast of the U.S.

Anyone who may have given up in frustration, please retry. The Amazon servers are about as good as exist.

When you go to the download page, you’ll know you’re on the new server if you see a yellow banner saying that I’ve moved the site to Amazon AWS servers (like what you see in the attached screenshot). If you don’t see the yellow banner, check back in a day. Sometimes it takes a while for server changes to propagate through systems... and you may need to clear your web browsers cache.

Cheers, enjoy, and as always, feedback is welcomed!
I got all 19GB in less than 15 minutes both times, but I built out a private dark fiber delivery to our building and we have 1GB Internet with direct connections to many of the major server hubs so my experience is the exception to most I would think.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi folks, just a heads up that Sweetwater has dropped the price of Prophet X to $3499 and the XL to $3899. Hoping this will be a good move for the longevity of the platform...
Old 3 weeks ago
rsv
Gear Head

That is awesome price maybe i will get the prophet xl . I running out of space in my prophet x. I was really lucky to get my prophet x for 2300 dollars . And love this synth.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv View Post
That is awesome price maybe i will get the prophet xl . I running out of space in my prophet x. I was really lucky to get my prophet x for 2300 dollars . And love this synth.

$2300 ?!? How did you manage that !? wow I paid 3700
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Can the goldbaby PPG kit do wavetable scanning?
Old 3 weeks ago
rsv
Gear Head

Astraeus . Somebody put it in reverb for the price buy it now . Just 2 minutes was there . I pushed the bottom of buy it now . That best investment money on a synth for me .
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

I just got an update from the SampleRobot team confirming they are working on implementing PX export right now. This should be huge.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search