Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Wave and Electro.

Stephen
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Program names into LPX

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to get all the DSI Prophet X program names into Logic Pro X without having to type them all in??

thanks
Eugene
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bennett View Post
I'm spoiled by Clavia's sampling model.
Based on what you've written, it sounds like they've done an exceptional job in that area. I keep hoping someone will design a modern synthesizer that simply joins your network via Ethernet and offers a set of interesting, documented services to manage it. From what I've seen on the subject, the Moog One has done some of this behind the scenes but haven't really exposed it fully. Of course the real benefits would come with high-volume data transfer as when managing samples.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Clavia’s Software still isn’t perfect. It’s mainly in comparison to the 8Dio effort.

Stephen
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bennett View Post
I agree re: granular—I was thinking the same thing.

I'm spoiled by Clavia's sampling model.

It is hard to sample, but the results are spectacular.

I just sampled my MiniMoog triangles into the X—woah.

This is probably the best synth I've ever had (and I have a couple of the best vintage ones).

Stephen
Its amazing how seamless using the PX as a controller for omnisphere -> granular osc. You can use the bank, and sample selector to pick sample, and the loop knobs work seamlessly with the granular gui. It's quite awesome not needing to use a mouse. All the knobs in that sample section have a 1:1 w/ omnisphere.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eromain View Post
Is there a way to get all the DSI Prophet X program names into Logic Pro X without having to type them all in??
It's not something I've tried. I tend to enter them one at a time as I decide to use them for a particular project, but it sure would be nice to bulk load them all. The names themselves are easy enough to get from the List of Sounds PDF on Sequential's support page, so at least you shouldn't have to literally type the names.

Whether you have to copy and paste them one at a time is a different question. Has anyone looked into this more deeply?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

PXToolkit version 1.1 is live! The first revision since the official release brings a few frequently requested additions:

AIFF support works just like WAV support has from the start. Dragging and dropping a sample from the macOS Finder or Windows File Explorer into a PXToolkit document window is all it takes. Metadata describing the original pitch and looping are automatically extracted, and at export time conversion into the right format for the Prophet X is automatic.

24-bit support applies to both WAV and AIFF sample files. Samples load and preview just like their 16-bit counterparts, and when exported they're automatically dithered to high quality 16-bit counterparts as required by the Prophet X.

Integrated documentation isn't fancy, but it gives immediate access to everything in the original README file packaged with the app, now conveniently accessible from the Help menu.

As noted with seeming enthusiasm by @ blewis_13 , this enables using MainStage to provide auto-sampling for those macOS users who are looking for a budget alternative to SampleRobot, as MainStage is a mere $30 on the Mac App Store. It's not the most feature-rich sampling tool around but if it works, it works!

Recent versions of PXToolkit will automatically check to see if a new version is available when launched (limited to once a day), and the Check for Updates... menu item can be used to force an immediate check. If you're not already using the app or you have an older beta without the update mechanism you can download it directly from the ThinkerSnacks site.
Old 4 weeks ago
rsv
Here for the gear

thank you so much lady gaia. you are the best , do you know how to convert kontakt files to waw?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
It's not something I've tried. I tend to enter them one at a time as I decide to use them for a particular project, but it sure would be nice to bulk load them all. The names themselves are easy enough to get from the List of Sounds PDF on Sequential's support page, so at least you shouldn't have to literally type the names.

Whether you have to copy and paste them one at a time is a different question. Has anyone looked into this more deeply?
In response to PX sounds being loaded into Logic Pro, I uploaded a project to this site sometime past but it appeared no one was interested. Earlier today, I created a project with the sounds loaded, look at the thread on the Logic pro forum. See below ...

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/v...c.php?t=142758

Sent from my iPad
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Hi Guys,

thanks
Eugene

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/v...c.php?t=142758

Sent from my iPad
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv View Post
thank you so much lady gaia. you are the best , do you know how to convert kontakt files to waw?
Would you believe I’m not a Kontakt user? The annual paid updates have me holding off until I’ll have more time to devote to music.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Thanks again Lady G. I hope DS is watching!

The Omnisphere integration looks phenomenal.

I’m trying to avoid using software myself, but if I ever go back again, I’d definitely get a copy.

Stephen
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Hi all,

I have searched throught the manual to no avail - Is there a way to empty all of the user program banks?

thanks
Eugene
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have searched throught the manual to no avail - Is there a way to empty all of the user program banks?
Undocumented but present nonetheless, there's a Debug Menu with a variety of options that should be used with extreme caution. They're hidden so you can't assume that everything here is considered normal operation or can be easily undone. With that caveat out of the way...

Hold the Transpose Up and Transpose Down buttons while pressing Global to enter the debug menu. Scroll down to option 13 "Initialize User Programs" and press Soft Button 1 to make it so. Press Global again to exit, and all your user banks should be in a completely blank, initialized state.

I haven't actually tried the procedure, but I did have to initialize my add-on banks using the debug menu since my unit was one of the extremely early ones that left the factory incompletely initialized. It was quick and painless.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Thanks very much that is very useful!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
library prog

does anyone have strong opinions about the best mac library prog for the PX? I would love something so that I could categorise programs (basses, fx, etc) and also rate them. Something which had a proper tagging system as in Omnisphere would be ideal. Thanks for any thoughts.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Midiquest works well for this.

If you have a few synths it’s worth the cost.

There a demo version to try out too

Stephen
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
thanks Stephen.

PS is not on their list of supported synths on their website - do you use it with a PX?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Public Service Announcement:

The Goldbaby BlueWave pack is out. I got all the 8DIO packs, but this one is something else.
If you're a PX owner, you'd be mad not to check it out. Worth every penny. Tons of beautifully recorded samples and lots of presets too.

I hope he makes more!

http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/bluewave.html
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
thanks Stephen.

PS is not on their list of supported synths on their website - do you use it with a PX?
I missed it first time too—yes it's supported. and yes I use it.

Regards

Stephen
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
The Goldbaby BlueWave pack is out. I got all the 8DIO packs, but this one is something else.
If you're a PX owner, you'd be mad not to check it out. Worth every penny. Tons of beautifully recorded samples and lots of presets too.
I was fortunate enough to preview this one, and it’s right up my alley as the kind of raw content I think suits the Prophet X beautifully. What I’ve listened to so far has that classic razor-edged bite that screams PPG, sampled by capturing a wide range of underlying tonalities rather than baking in decisions that should be made later when building presets.

After all, the Prophet X has both a perfectly fine analog VCA and the modern recreation of the SSM 2044 filter used in the PPG. The bite can be tamed to the sorts of wam, silky smooth sounds you might expect - but it’s easy to create presets that let you dig in and find that aggressive tone lurking underneath. Really nice stuff.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I sampled some of Waldorf's PPG wavetables for the X and produced some stunning sounds, so looking forward to trying the real deal.

The X's filters, mixer and VCA are really nice.

Stephen
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Now 8DIO sampled the Jupiter-4:

https://8dio.com/instrument/sequenti...n-6-jupiter-4/
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by REwire View Post
The demos sound amazing actually
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Planet View Post
The demos sound amazing actually

I know I was prepared to just say, whoopee, some more saws and squares sounding like all the others. The demos seem awash with reverb but do sound pretty amazing, I'm tempted but haven't pushed the add to cart button yet.
Old 3 weeks ago
FYI, if you are on Windows and can't get BlueWave to install, the built-in Windows ZIP utility doesn't handle the files properly. Try 7-Zip or something else.
Old 3 weeks ago
rsv
Here for the gear

i have the new 8dio jupiter 4 and is really good this one . it is really warn, this one is the best 8dio add on samples already with obx and the p5.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Full Disclosure: This is my new venture...

I've sampled my Deckard's Dream and now I'm just finishing up the accompanying presets.

Here are the specs:
• 182 multi-sampled instruments for the Sequential Prophet X
• over 31,000 individual stereo samples
• over 19 GB of sample content
• 256 custom presets (a full bank of both A and B Layers)
• Will be available soon

In the meantime, I have some free samples and presets available for download: www.modulatable.com

and a promo video with some sounds here:

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S h a w View Post

I've sampled my Deckard's Dream and now I'm just finishing up the accompanying presets.

Here are the specs:
• Will be available soon

In the meantime, I have some free samples and presets available for download: www.modulatable.com

Nice!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S h a w View Post

Here are the specs:
• Will be available soon

Sounds fantastic - a massive amount of work no doubt too!

But 19GB is a pretty big turn-off I have to say. That’s a massive section of the user sample space to commit to, no offence, yet another sampled analog synth.

It would be really nice to have a sample librarian tool to manage the contents of the hard drive better. Eg moving, naming, removing individual sample maps etc. probably wishful thinking!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search