The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waldorf Kyra FPGA Rack/Desktop Coming to NAMM 2019 (originally Exodus Valkyrie) Desktop Synthesizers
Old 20th August 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-d-S View Post
cant wait
I just can't ....
Old 16th December 2018
Here for the gear

Is there some timely update one could reasonably expect?
Or is there some elsewhere news, out already?
Thanks
Old 16th December 2018
Deleted ca98332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nspace View Post
Is there some timely update one could reasonably expect?
Or is there some elsewhere news, out already?
Thanks
I'm looking to buy as soon as it's available but with the Quantum delays I would be really surprised if it ships next year.

hope to be wrong tho
Old 16th December 2018
Waldorf said the blowout would happen at NAMM 2019, so I wouldn't expect anything more before late January.
Old 17th December 2018
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan2000 View Post
I'm looking to buy as soon as it's available but with the Quantum delays I would be really surprised if it ships next year.

hope to be wrong tho
Since this product was, up until this year, a small UK company before Waldorf bought them out. I would imagine the development team are probably still a separate entity, now within Waldorf. I would not think that the development problems with another project team should affect this products development.
Old 17th December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepmind12 View Post
Since this product was, up until this year, a small UK company before Waldorf bought them out. I would imagine the development team are probably still a separate entity, now within Waldorf. I would not think that the development problems with another project team should affect this products development.
Feature complete Quantums have been shipping in minute quantities for quite some time, so it seems to be more of a challenge with manufacturing than product development.
Old 17th December 2018
Deleted ca98332
great, can't come soon enough
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
Feature complete Quantums have been shipping in minute quantities for quite some time, so it seems to be more of a challenge with manufacturing than product development.
True, but I think in this case they could expand the Waldorf garden shed manufacturing facility to include Manuel's garden shed in the UK.. and have parallel production lines. They might even be able to send across a few dirndl clad maids to help him out too
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
True, but I think in this case they could expand the Waldorf garden shed manufacturing facility to include Manuel's garden shed in the UK.. and have parallel production lines. They might even be able to send across a few dirndl clad maids to help him out too
There are no dirndls allowed in this area of Germany!

We have the Carnival tho, so may be Manuel would be fine with that too
Old 17th December 2018
Gear Nut
So its a full VA and no SSM or CEM filters . I will have to wait and see what its sounds like after Waldorf has dressed it , A lot of power under the hood, hopefully future updates will continue to fatten it up , hopefully its only starting and will continue to grow
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFEPASS4 View Post
So its a full VA and no SSM or CEM filters . I will have to wait and see what its sounds like after Waldorf has dressed it , A lot of power under the hood, hopefully future updates will continue to fatten it up , hopefully its only starting and will continue to grow
Some of the fatest filters are digital. Waldorfs Microwave II and its knobby version are adored in this forum for this particular reason.

I am thankful not everything is boringly analog these days.
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
Some of the fatest filters are digital. Waldorfs Microwave II and its knobby version are adored in this forum for this particular reason.

Personally, I love oscillators, filters, modulators, etc. Digital, Analog, Hybrid, One controlling the other, etc. Make them good, make them interesting, and chances are, I'll love them.
Old 18th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepmind12 View Post
You make this sound like a bad thing , waldorf is NOT the Autodesk of the music industry .
Old 18th December 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:

I nearly bought a 30voice MW II ,
I found for high end its nice but for low ,noways , the digital filter only goes so far ,a dead end . Analog filter sets a deep texture that starts a mood of sound that helps to express and build ,

Maybe I got bored with watery digital from Korg , I always liked Yamahas ,

I'd say I will get it , the comments here have been really enjoyable , ya im looking forward to it ,im still happy Waldorf are still here
Old 18th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
You make this sound like a bad thing , waldorf is NOT the Autodesk of the music industry .
I'm not usually one for swearing on these forums, but ffffffffff****kkkkkk Autodesk
Old 18th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild View Post
I'm not usually one for swearing on these forums, but ffffffffff****kkkkkk Autodesk
That remark definitely begs an explanation
Old 18th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Analog filter sets a deep texture that starts a mood of sound that helps to express and build
amazing post, thank you!

Old 18th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever View Post
That remark definitely begs an explanation
I have a long and storied history with one particular branch of their operation. Without getting into too much detail, their business model basically consists of being a predatory monopoly hell bent on stifling industry-wide innovation. Everything that you see which has been made in whole or in part using their products is made in spite of those products, not because of them.
Old 18th December 2018
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=SovietSpaceChild;13693349 a predatory monopoly [/QUOTE]

If you thought Apple or Microsoft bought a lot of stuff that never saw the light of day again, Autodesk are the winners in that contest! Plus, at one point, not sure if it's still the case, their CAD software liked to blow up. A lot.

I suppose I should say something on topic here. I hope Manuel is still happy with his deal with Waldorf and that everything is going to schedule. I'd like a release date named at this NAMM as this is a truly innovative synth that would've won the Best of 2018 had it been released earlier this year.
Old 18th December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
I hope Manuel is still happy with his deal with Waldorf and that everything is going to schedule. I'd like a release date named at this NAMM as this is a truly innovative synth that would've won the Best of 2018 had it been released earlier this year.
Likewise, I hope Manuel’s work gets a proper introduction to the world, because he is one talented and committed fellow. The one glimpse we’ve seen makes it look like they’ve taken his solid engineering and given it a top-notch industrial design to match.

As to whether it would have stood a chance at Best Synth this year? Color me skeptical as there’s still a lot of attachment to tried and true here rather than innovation, and in particular digital innovation. My guess is that it will take time to be properly appreciated. A lot depends on the quality of his filter models, something I’m eager to learn more about.
Old 19th December 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Likewise, I hope Manuel’s work gets a proper introduction to the world, because he is one talented and committed fellow. The one glimpse we’ve seen makes it look like they’ve taken his solid engineering and given it a top-notch industrial design to match.

As to whether it would have stood a chance at Best Synth this year? Color me skeptical as there’s still a lot of attachment to tried and true here rather than innovation, and in particular digital innovation. My guess is that it will take time to be properly appreciated. A lot depends on the quality of his filter models, something I’m eager to learn more about.

So kind and thoughtful , Manuela is quite a gift when it comes to forward expansive developments in what we have been waiting for , its the hunger he has for the latest powerfull tech , in a way he delivers , im sick of waiting for others to deliver who either give up or take another direction where it fades out.
Old 19th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
If you thought Apple or Microsoft bought a lot of stuff that never saw the light of day again, Autodesk are the winners in that contest! Plus, at one point, not sure if it's still the case, their CAD software liked to blow up. A lot.

I suppose I should say something on topic here. I hope Manuel is still happy with his deal with Waldorf and that everything is going to schedule. I'd like a release date named at this NAMM as this is a truly innovative synth that would've won the Best of 2018 had it been released earlier this year.
It warms my heart that Autodesk is so reviled as a company that there's consensus about them even on a synthesizer forum

In regards to the Kyra, I was pretty lukewarm on it when it was first announced as the Valkyrie. My enthusiasm meter went sky high after the Waldorf announcement though, as to me Waldorf is second to none when it comes to synthesizer UI/UX. I'm really excited to see the Kyra's final form.
Old 19th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
As to whether it would have stood a chance at Best Synth this year? Color me skeptical as there’s still a lot of attachment to tried and true here rather than innovation, and in particular digital innovation.
I Think that it is far more forward thinking than the Moogs, the Moog's clone of Moogs, and the clones of Moogs.

From what I heard of the original demos, the filters were not bad. Maybe not great, but of course, there were no filter sweeps that I heard. I think Waldorf definitely has the know-how to tighten up those filters (as long as they don't try a rehash of the Blofeld filters, which I do not care for.)
Old 19th December 2018
Lives for gear
Definitely keeping an eye on this.
Old 19th December 2018
Lives for gear
It could be NAMM is just a bunch of yes men from Korg for Waldorf these days, and we don't get a real look at Kyra until Messe/Superbooth
Old 19th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
There are no dirndls allowed in this area of Germany!

We have the Carnival tho, so may be Manuel would be fine with that too
A Swiss guy should know where the Dirndls are at home =)

Cheers from the Austrian Alps
Old 29th December 2018
Gear Nut
I hope Waldorf release like a Novation Basstation II size version of Kyra

People are limited with space these days .
Old 29th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I hope Waldorf release like a Novation Basstation II size version of Kyra

People are limited with space these days .
Or maybe just a Blofeld/Pulse 2 form-factor one.
Old 29th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild View Post
It warms my heart that Autodesk is so reviled as a company that there's consensus about them even on a synthesizer forum
If Waldorf was Autodesk, we wouldn't be able to buy their synths. We would only be able to rent them at a price that increased every year. And all patches and songs would be in a proprietary format so that if we didn't continue to pay, we basically couldn't access our data.
Old 29th December 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
Or maybe just a Blofeld/Pulse 2 form-factor one.
That would be nice and powerful
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search