The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
any good site for uploading my music ? Modular Synthesizers
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

I agree at Myspace, we need a new version that's dedicated to music creation and visual art again. What was cool at Myspace was that you could see what country's and states people were from listening to your music and there was a lot of communication happening in the independent music scene between fans and the musicians. I had more people in Europe listening to my music than friends all of the US, people I didn't even know. Ha! It was rather interesting and flattering.

In my mind, all one needs is a nice sounding streaming server and the ability to have a bio, album art/covers to accompany the records, and maybe a link to a personal band project page that give more details about the artist. Myspace was dedicated to this focus, I wonder what exactly happened? But a site like this could be the new global record store, allowing people the purchase your music and merchandise. Get rid of the commercials and focus on a shopping, listening experience.
Old 19th April 2018
Assuming you are not trying to make music your career and just want some exposure, my vote is to do the following;

1. Get a Bandcamp page for direct downloads in what should provide several quality options WAV, FLAC, etc...

2. Get a Twitter account (Facebook if you must, gross ) and connect sortof in the old MySpace fashion with other artists and fans (I also miss MySpace a lot)..

3. Put something on Soundcloud also because its a good way to share file on some forums, if they dig you, they can move on to better quality.

4. Don't use Youtube unless you make a video, just my opinion again. But make some videos!!

Last thought, a little loss in quality wont defeat a great song. Connect with people, play live shows when you can, and enjoy the process. Success is measured very differently per individual.
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyfan View Post
In my mind, all one needs is a nice sounding streaming server and the ability to have a bio, album art/covers to accompany the records, and maybe a link to a personal band project page that give more details about the artist. Myspace was dedicated to this focus, I wonder what exactly happened? But a site like this could be the new global record store, allowing people the purchase your music and merchandise. Get rid of the commercials and focus on a shopping, listening experience.
Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't this exactly what Bandcamp is?
Old 19th April 2018
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopthesignal View Post
Yes, it is just the third generation.
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thevegasnerve View Post
Assuming you are not trying to make music your career
What if you are?
Old 20th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by midiquestions View Post
What if you are?
If you are, then trying just a Social Media presence as a marketing plan is only one piece of a much larger puzzle. My opinion is you have to play shows and tour, regardless of the music you are making. Your demos and finished product has to be professional. You need a label to promote and support you. I don't care if the label is small if they are really working hard and understand the market. And as the total market is still shrinking, the chances of any significant long-term monetary success are not good obviously. You had a much better chance 25-30 years ago. Has been going downhill since that time from what I have experienced. Its a full time job and has to be approached that way.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you are, then trying just a Social Media presence as a marketing plan is only one piece of a much larger puzzle. My opinion is you have to play shows and tour, regardless of the music you are making. Your demos and finished product has to be professional. You need a label to promote and support you. I don't care if the label is small if they are really working hard and understand the market. And as the total market is still shrinking, the chances of any significant long-term monetary success are not good obviously. You had a much better chance 25-30 years ago. Has been going downhill since that time from what I have experienced. Its a full time job and has to be approached that way.
Thanks. It's funny you say that the total market it shrinking when more and more people have access to media players than ever before. I know what you're saying though; it's that fewer people are willing to PAY for music, hence market shrinkage. Something that occurs to me to ask is, how did we in the first place manage to build music into something people were willing to pay for, as that might lead us back there.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Haha. Maybe it is, I'm so out of the loop. Lol. YouTube has been my information center for so long I've just gotten used to finding everything there. I thought I've heard people not that impressed with the sound or other issues with Bandcamp so maybe that's why I haven't bothered. I'm checking it out now though.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks. It's funny you say that the total market it shrinking when more and more people have access to media players than ever before. I know what you're saying though; it's that fewer people are willing to PAY for music, hence market shrinkage. Something that occurs to me to ask is, how did we in the first place manage to build music into something people were willing to pay for, as that might lead us back there.
Speaking broadly, it's not true that the market is shrinking. There is more music being created and consumed than ever. Live performance, at least in this country, is on the up. However, there are more participants, and there are many more media platforms, so that certainly changes the game (but people became aware of that almost 20 years ago when physical release began its serious erosion).
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Haha. Maybe it is, I'm so out of the loop. Lol. YouTube has been my information center for so long I've just gotten used to finding everything there. I thought I've heard people not that impressed with the sound or other issues with Bandcamp so maybe that's why I haven't bothered. I'm checking it out now though.
Bandcamp streams are 128kbps MP3 for albums you haven't purchased. I think this is intentionally not higher quality because the purpose of the free streaming is to let people listen before they buy, not be the highest quality version of the music. Albums you have purchased stream at higher quality. And downloads are lossless. As a fan, I've had no quality issues with the Bandcamp streams or downloads.

That aside, it is pretty much everything you described your post. It's entirely focused on selling music and merch and connecting fans with artists and labels. And it's ad-free. It's full of highly-regarded indie artists as well as total unknowns and hobbyists. It's become my main way to keep up with a lot of the music I listen to these days.

I can't speak to how well it works for artists though. I'm not quite to the point of putting any recordings out there in the world.
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I can't speak to how well it works for artists though. I'm not quite to the point of putting any recordings out there in the world.
I haven't used it for this (yet). But if you google stuff like "Tunecore vs Bandcamp vs CD Baby," Bandcamp shapes up very well.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

* I'd rather not be lumped in with our resident Jeff Spicoli, thanks.

That aside, I do think it sucks that not a single streaming platform can stream lossless, and YouTube is even more maddening in this regard... all that bandwidth to stream a loss copy of audio and a video I don't give a crap about rather than just streaming lossless audio. Ugh. It's not like they don't have the necessary infrastructure, it's just that they and others don't care. The iPod and iTunes generation, so to speak, have nearly ruined lossless audio, and it sucks. We're way past the point where storage capacity is an issue, and in many cases there's ample bandwidth available too. We don't even need compressed lossy audio anymore, IMO.

However, I also agree that there's still lots of benefits of each popular platform despite their faults. Bandcamp will at least let someone buy FLACs, and Soundcloud is fairly popular with a wide audience, and YouTube does sound better than Soundcloud and reaches an even wider audience which is good. So please don't mistake my criticism of their faults to mean I see no value in the things they do get right. YouTube is pretty amazing, really, in many ways.

Personally, I almost never use any of them to *discover* new-to-me music. I talk with friends, see shows, read paper and online articles, things like that, then once I know the name of what I'm looking for then I'll check the popular platforms for a copy to listen to, then if I like it well enough to purchase I'll seek out a lossless copy. I *never* buy a lossy copy of something.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Thread isn't quite the same after all the deletings :/
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana_T. View Post
That is so funny! I had to get my 15 year old granddaughter who brought over a couple of her friends to show me how to do, what you just said. In 20 mins they had my TV hooked into my wifi, and installed the YT app on my iPhone. They never skipped a beat and they looked like 3 highly skilled surgeons doing open heart surgery.

Here Papap, open the YT app. Now search of any artist. Now select the video you want from the play list. Now hit show on TV. Hit play. It was the first time I had my TV going through my surround sound. They even knew I needed a fiber optic cable to run from TV into the sound bar to make the wireless bass and satellite rear speakers work. Kids are amazing in 2018. Needless to say, the pizza party was on me!
Then why are you here to tell the people how-to-do-anything you didnt already done yourself then?

Quote:
According to all the top promoters, ALL OF THEM. Website. $90.00. YT, FB, Twitter, Google+ and the dozen others, all free. You just need a groupie to maintain them for ya. I think they call them interns now.
It is not the free. None its free. "YT, FB, Twitter, Google+ and the dozen others" - I spend 500 hours and $1500 dollars to make the song with my band and singers at the most cheapest but not sacrifice the music, these accountant pay me nothing upfront, but $0.005 next year *if* they feel like it. next year always comes months and months later after calling. Come on man we had the close of 350,000 streams our last single and I have about $10 in cash my hand to buy the burger today. Those people listen to what? They go to what website for what? How does Apple Google Spotify Amazon Facebook keep stealing from us and thats we accept that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot gigante View Post
I feel the same way. I hate how Soundcloud butchers the sound in particular. I deleted my Soundcloud account and feel pretty good about it. I do listen to music on Youtube, adblock takes care of the ads.

Major and established independent acts are working these platforms hard. To say that for anyone to do so is amateurish is pretty silly.
No serious label is working hard YT. It is the "amateurish" afterthinking of things or fans posting low copy. Then the interns and staff just make the paycheck quotes click cash. We can buy big numbers always, and then get advertising to pay us, but that was not about music hey. The internet staff makes more than product maker and the brand owner now. Holy hell serious.

Quote:
Sad but true musician is now shop man and street person to make ends come around to meet. * It costs money to do tour and make "merch" man. We need to pay this price up front and maybe never see a cash balance on the road. We just did some big festival in America and we got payed $5000. landing, but after we bought and sell gear, the staying travel expense and crew salary we lost the money man. We are paying our the money to entertain the fans!!!!!

Quote:
Did you really watch YT for news? Whoa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxisaxis View Post
Speaking broadly, it's not true that the market is shrinking. There is more music being created and consumed than ever. Live performance, at least in this country, is on the up. However, there are more participants, and there are many more media platforms, so that certainly changes the game (but people became aware of that almost 20 years ago when physical release began its serious erosion).
All the market is saturated with hustle and that noisy games of hype. Really good live music is hard to find and they are not payed good unless have the current hit now.

Quote:
Bandcamp streams are 128kbps MP3 for albums you haven't purchased. I think this is intentionally not higher quality because the purpose of the free streaming is to let people listen before they buy, not be the highest quality version of the music. Albums you have purchased stream at higher quality. And downloads are lossless. As a fan, I've had no quality issues with the Bandcamp streams or downloads.

That aside, it is pretty much everything you described your post. It's entirely focused on selling music and merch and connecting fans with artists and labels. And it's ad-free. It's full of highly-regarded indie artists as well as total unknowns and hobbyists. It's become my main way to keep up with a lot of the music I listen to these days.

Bandcamp is the people who dont have the label or the label payed for advertising to get clickers. Last resort in the dessert now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxisaxis View Post
I haven't used it for this (yet). But if you google stuff like "Tunecore vs Bandcamp vs CD Baby," Bandcamp shapes up very well.
Why are you giving some of people advice when you didnt do it? Lost for words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post
* I'd rather not be lumped in with our resident Jeff Spicoli, thanks.

That aside, I do think it sucks that not a single streaming platform can stream lossless, and YouTube is even more maddening in this regard... all that bandwidth to stream a loss copy of audio and a video I don't give a crap about rather than just streaming lossless audio. Ugh. It's not like they don't have the necessary infrastructure, it's just that they and others don't care. The iPod and iTunes generation, so to speak, have nearly ruined lossless audio, and it sucks. We're way past the point where storage capacity is an issue, and in many cases there's ample bandwidth available too. We don't even need compressed lossy audio anymore, IMO.

However, I also agree that there's still lots of benefits of each popular platform despite their faults. Bandcamp will at least let someone buy FLACs, and Soundcloud is fairly popular with a wide audience, and YouTube does sound better than Soundcloud and reaches an even wider audience which is good. So please don't mistake my criticism of their faults to mean I see no value in the things they do get right. YouTube is pretty amazing, really, in many ways.

Personally, I almost never use any of them to *discover* new-to-me music. I talk with friends, see shows, read paper and online articles, things like that, then once I know the name of what I'm looking for then I'll check the popular platforms for a copy to listen to, then if I like it well enough to purchase I'll seek out a lossless copy. I *never* buy a lossy copy of something.
Again he dont use them so why give the advice? I dont get it. Does anyone professional here and whats the strategy?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen one View Post
Hold on . . . . what I said - precisely - was that in reviews, many other people suggest Bandcamp ahead of Tunecore and CDbaby (etc). If this thread's readers are like me then they'll rely on reviews to form an opinion prior to making use of the service. And that is a bad thing because . . .um, huh?

The OP was simply asking for recommendations for uploading music. He wasn't asking about the pitfalls of being a musician in the 21st century, nor did he ask whether there is, somehow, a perfect platform to release music. Nor was he soliciting professional advice, as if he can't take or leave something someone says on Gearslutz.

But you know what? I've only been making entirely reasonable comments in this thread and still some clown comes along and says something dumb in reply. I'm out.
Old 4 weeks ago
Deleted User
Quote:
Then why are you here to tell the people how-to-do-anything you didnt already done yourself then?
As far as I know, I have never given ANYONE advice on how to hook up their TV to stream off of the YouTube app, for an iPhone. The second point was to remark on how smart kids are, then when most of us were their age. Times change as well as advancements with audio. It is hard to fault someone if they never grew up learning about something, that has yet to be invented.

Quote:
It is not the free. None its free. "YT, FB, Twitter, Google+ and the dozen others"
You are mistaken. Please read the OP original question. All the services you just listed are 100% free. Billions of people, companies, Artist and Labels use them every single day.

Quote:
I spend 500 hours and $1500 dollars to make the song with my band and singers at the most cheapest but not sacrifice the music, these accountant pay me nothing upfront, but $0.005 next year *if* they feel like it.
Then you may need to seek advice from someone more qualified then the person you are using now! You may also want to seek legal advice concerning contracts. That way you will cover yourself as well as your band when it comes to royalties.

Quote:
next year always comes months and months later after calling. Come on man we had the close of 350,000 streams our last single and I have about $10 in cash my hand to buy the burger today.
Without trying to sound disrespectful, maybe after they listen, they simply make the decision not to buy your music. Maybe it is just not their cup of tea.

Quote:
Those people listen to what? They go to what website for what? How does Apple Google Spotify Amazon Facebook keep stealing from us and thats we accept that?
Most Artist/Bands will only play about 15 to 30 seconds of their music for people to sample. If you decide to list your entire song on these platforms, you have no one to blame but yourself. That is not how business is done concerning audio sales, as you should already know this, from your above statement.

Quote:
No serious label is working hard YT.
Really? Ya ever head of Forbes Fortune 500 magazine. Lets see what they have to say about your statement in an article they published just last year.

Quote:
One of the most interesting label M&A deals from the past few months was Warner Music Group’s acquisition of indie dance label Spinnin’ Records, for a reported price tag of more than $100 million. Major labels buy up indie labels left and right, but this particular acquisition pointed to a key disruptor that much of the music industry is still struggling to understand and accept: YouTube.
Quote:
The biggest bargaining chip for Spinnin’ Records is arguably its YouTube community. Having amassed nearly 19 million subscribers over the past ten years, the label currently owns one of the 30 most-subscribed channels in the world. In a statement, Stu Bergen, Warner Music Group’s CEO of International and Global Commercial Services, explained that Spinnin’ Records' YouTube savvy would prove invaluable for the Warner roster in an era when “the line between a local and a global hit, as well as the distinction between marketing and commerce, is blurring.”
100 million ain't bad. If you could talk to the people who started this label, I can assure you they would say it took something like 99% of sacrifice, blood, sweat and tears to get them where they were. 1% maybe being at the right place at the right time.

Quote:
It is the "amateurish" afterthinking of things or fans posting low copy. Then the interns and staff just make the paycheck quotes click cash. We can buy big numbers always, and then get advertising to pay us, but that was not about music hey. The internet staff makes more than product maker and the brand owner now. Holy hell serious.
Really? Are you sure? It is soooooooooooooo simple in 2018 to set up a website for around $60.00 for the first year. Then you design your website and ALL THE FREE SOCIAL MEDIA accounts you can get your hands on. Then you upload your 30 second audio clip sample in an mp3 format using 320kbps to YOUR OWN website. You PLASTER the link to this audio sample on ALL YOUR FREE SOCIAL MEDIA. You do everything you can to get your name out to the masses.

If someone likes it and they want to purchase the whole song, they will have the ability to download it in the mp3, wav, flac, aiff or ogg formats. Slap a PayPal account to your website and now your customers can pay using their own PayPal account or credit card.

The only fees you will need to pay out, is the cost of your website, and the small amount PayPal will take out for the transaction fee. That fee IS NOT paid up front, meaning that if no sale is made, you pay NOTHING! Now you and your band will keep 98% of your profits. Now if you do EVERYTHING 100% correct and NOTHING SELLS, maybe this person/band, needs to find another occupation or simple do it for the fun.

Quote:
Sad but true musician is now shop man and street person to make ends come around to meet.
Welcome to the business world.

Quote:
* It costs money to do tour and make "merch" man. We need to pay this price up front and maybe never see a cash balance on the road. We just did some big festival in America and we got payed $5000. landing, but after we bought and sell gear, the staying travel expense and crew salary we lost the money man. We are paying our the money to entertain the fans!!!!!
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it. Maybe you need to invest in a business manager. If you were going on tour, why did you need to buy and sell gear? Were you staying at the Hotel Ritz, or the Motel 6? Where you eating steaks every night, you know, doing the party scene, or were you shopping at the local grocery store buying roman noodles? Ask a collage student what they eat and why they have to?

Quote:
It's called opinions and that is what on line communities do. Some people call it "spit balling". You know, two or three heads are better then one. I have never crashed an airplane, but I could give some great advice on "HOW NOT TO CRASH ONE".

Quote:
I dont get it. Does anyone professional here and whats the strategy?
There are many professionals here on many different levels as well as fields. If you "don't get it", then maybe you need to be a little more open to others who do. As far as the strategy goes, IMHO, is to help anyone seeking advice concerning ANYTHING that deals with sound or film. Out!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Again he dont use them so why give the advice? I dont get it. Does anyone professional here and whats the strategy?
I agree, people spouting off ideas that don't work is not what we need more of. Thank you for your real-world input on paying your own money to tour for fans. It's like, yes, you can "be a musician" these days if you want to spend your money to put your product out there on the Internet, go on tour, etc., but people could always pay their own money to have tapes and CDs made, so that is not new. The difficult question is how to actually make it financially sustainable even if your music is really good, and I never hear a good answer to this question. I have a business myself, not a music business but in the entertainment industry so it's related, and despite being popular it is just losing traffic to free or nearly free streaming services. You can't compete with free, and the only people making money are the venue and platform owners, it seems to me. I still think that maybe a co-op streaming service could be the way to go, but setting it up would be the challenge.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

There are millions of boats riding the waves on...
Quote:
the sea of bad sound quality
MILLIONS I tells ya!!!
maybe even billions
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I agree, people spouting off ideas that don't work is not what we need more of. Thank you for your real-world input on paying your own money to tour for fans. It's like, yes, you can "be a musician" these days if you want to spend your money to put your product out there on the Internet, go on tour, etc., but people could always pay their own money to have tapes and CDs made, so that is not new. The difficult question is how to actually make it financially sustainable even if your music is really good, and I never hear a good answer to this question. I have a business myself, not a music business but in the entertainment industry so it's related, and despite being popular it is just losing traffic to free or nearly free streaming services. You can't compete with free, and the only people making money are the venue and platform owners, it seems to me. I still think that maybe a co-op streaming service could be the way to go, but setting it up would be the challenge.
I think you need to come to the realization (if you have not) that there is no easy answer to the question of creating a financially sustainable career. Most people on this forum are trying to be helpful and supportive in a very difficult time for artists. Possibly the worst in many decades from my assessment. A lot of us have a ton of experience (touring, recording, interfacing with labels/promoters), regardless if we do it as our sole profession. I do know people who are professionals, but they made it as sound engineers not for their music, which is excellent. I don't know anyone that made it through just streaming, without touring, recording in professional studios, promoting aggressively using all standard marketing techniques, etc.. And on the front end, you typically invest a ton of time and money.. This is really common knowledge to anyone that has tried to make a career out of it at some point.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think you need to come to the realization (if you have not) that there is no easy answer to the question of creating a financially sustainable career. Most people on this forum are trying to be helpful and supportive in a very difficult time for artists. Possibly the worst in many decades from my assessment. A lot of us have a ton of experience (touring, recording, interfacing with labels/promoters), regardless if we do it as our sole profession. I do know people who are professionals, but they made it as sound engineers not for their music, which is excellent. I don't know anyone that made it through just streaming, without touring, recording in professional studios, promoting aggressively using all standard marketing techniques, etc.. And on the front end, you typically invest a ton of time and money.. This is really common knowledge to anyone that has tried to make a career out of it at some point.
Oh, there is no easy answer? Well ****, I'm out.

FFS
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Oh, there is no easy answer? Well ****, I'm out.

FFS
FFS? Seriously? You do understand that this is a really personal topic to a lot of us that have devoted in some cases like mine for example, 30+ years with nothing to show (monetarily). In most fields of work, being really good at something yields a good paying job and much praise. And we (musicians) just dont support each other to any great extent (some try I know that). And then we expect some small label to save our ass, come on. I have a close friend who started one of these labels, most of their "profits" go to charity work and they work full time jobs (some in the music industry as mentioned before). Imagine that.

In the music industry (and other entertainment industries as previously noted), its closer to boom or bust. We are the Zombies you see in the Walking Dead. While I have no regrets and still enjoy the whole process, reading someone posts looking for what appears to be some easy "social media" path (which is a small part of the total marketing pie) for success is not something I can relate to, and would never expect to have any realistic chance of success.
Old 4 weeks ago
Deleted User
Someone sent me a link yesterday about a group of kids that started off playing in the New York subways. One day a person walked by and shot a video of them and put it on YouTube in 2016. The video went viral. According to the write up, these guys started getting a tremendous amount of gigs from this video. They no longer had to rely on people dropping dollars in a 5 gal bucket.

They created their own label and saturated their name all over social media. The simple Google search I did just on their name shows this in the attachments I uploaded for this post. Now, fast forward 1 year and one of these guys is playing at the BBC Proms 2017. His name is Leo P. Most of their videos now have over 5 mil views each. They got their break, or as some would say, were discovered by a stranger and made famous by YT.
Attached Thumbnails
any good site for uploading my music ?-lc.jpg   any good site for uploading my music ?-lc-1.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee View Post
What does this have do with Avalon? Can anyone of you tell me if you can map a remote cc control values to an external sequencer?

If not, get the *** out of here, thanks and please!
Less coffee for you, me thinks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by markodarko View Post
Less coffee for you, me thinks.
Agreed. I had to read the whole thread again to see how an island got thrown into the mix.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Agreed. I had to read the whole thread again to see how an island got thrown into the mix.
Don’t be silly, you can’t use PayPal there!
Old 4 weeks ago
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by markodarko View Post
Don’t be silly, you can’t use PayPal there!
I don't know, the island of Catalina has them listed on the top of the payment list and all their other methods are listed secondary.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Someone sent me a link yesterday about a group of kids that started off playing in the New York subways. One day a person walked by and shot a video of them and put it on YouTube in 2016. The video went viral. According to the write up, these guys started getting a tremendous amount of gigs from this video. They no longer had to rely on people dropping dollars in a 5 gal bucket.

They created their own label and saturated their name all over social media. The simple Google search I did just on their name shows this in the attachments I uploaded for this post. Now, fast forward 1 year and one of these guys is playing at the BBC Proms 2017. His name is Leo P. Most of their videos now have over 5 mil views each. They got their break, or as some would say, were discovered by a stranger and made famous by YT.
its great to hear those success stories, and it definitely supports that Youtube is worth utilizing as part of your online streaming strategy. And supports the notion that the quality of the stream probably wasnt the most important element of that presentation. So yes, I think most of us agree that Youtube, Twitter, Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Facebook, etc.. are all important and should be used.

But, that should not be confused with social media being the most important aspect of one's chances for success. Talent and hard work (i.e., playing gigs in the very visible NY Subway) was just as critical. And once the door is opened , you better have prepared yourself for that opportunity physically and mentally. That is where the traditional methods of making in the industry (including getting along with others and not being a diva) become imperative.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Man, just finding a group of people with similar enough tastes and goals who also get along with one another long enough and consistently enough to be a band is itself an enormous challenge and fairly rare, which gets even more difficult as the number of members increases.

It's so much harder then just getting along with people in general.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post
Man, just finding a group of people with similar enough tastes and goals who also get along with one another long enough and consistently enough to be a band is itself an enormous challenge and fairly rare, which gets even more difficult as the number of members increases.

It's so much harder then just getting along with people in general.
No doubt, it’s almost like dating. Most of my bands eventually imploded.. Great times and experience. Made the best of friends and enemies!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonick View Post
hi to all,

i am looking for a good free site to upload my music

as i have read soundcloud is not the only one place to upload my tracks and also the soundcoud's quality is not the best

a friend of mind was telling me that last night his soundcloud account suddenly deleted and he do not know if soundcloud is responsible for that or if his account hacked (no copyright issues or anything else)

he contacted soundcloud support team and he is waiting for their reply

what about hearthis.at ?

Listen to DJ Sets, Mixes, Tracks and Sounds | hearthis.at

my music style is electronic ambient and soundtrack

thanks in advance

DON'T UPLOAD YOUR MUSIC TO ANY SITE!!!!!!

That is if it's professional now.

DO YOU HEAR OF USHER UPLOADING HIS CURRENT TUNES TO CHECK OUT???!!! AND GRADE???!!! NO!!!

Do you hear of Britney or TI uploading their music to a website to check out???!!!

don't even make your music on a computer connected to an internet connection.

The internet has virus's

Your music is worth money. Once your composition or your mixing, or your sound design skills reach professional level or even near it, ppl will steal it.
They could be using it in China or Russia for all you know!!!

Don't ever put your music on the internet!!!! unless it gets you gigs!!!

Unless, of course your still learning...in which case nobody cares about your soundwaves.

But once you have it, DON'T EVER PUT YOUR SOUNDS ON A SINGLE COMPUTER THAT HAS INTERNET ACCESS!!! Are you crazy?!!! you are a potential source of income, and you are just going to give away your hard work?
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search