The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
April 2018 New Gear thread Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderbeanz View Post
There’s one for €300 called the Vampire II which is faster than a hypothetical 100mhz 060 and has 128Mb Ram. Think it also has a graphics card with HDMI built in.

Crazy!
I tried to order a Vampire II for my A600 a few years ago, but alas I never got a mail back.. maybe it's easier to find in web shop now.. I need to look back into it.

Got my A1200 back last year after 11 years sat in a shed in the UK too.. going through airport security with that and an Atari STE on the conveyor belt for hand luggage made me chuckle.. "Sir, do you have any computers in your bag?"
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
I had an 1200T 030/50 with 32MB RAM and a nice hard disk. Can’t remember where it went!

Also, have an A3000 that is quite poorly and needs some work.
I think I still have my AMIGA sampler adapter and a copy of pro tracker & OctaMed
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Ordered this right when I went on vacation, so I didn't have a chance to log it here:

The whole computerized patch editor thing boggles my mind since it's got a decent Waldorf-style matrix editor that could have accommodated everything, but it's cheap and sounds pretty venomous.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
I tried to order a Vampire II for my A600 a few years ago, but alas I never got a mail back.. maybe it's easier to find in web shop now.. I need to look back into it.

Got my A1200 back last year after 11 years sat in a shed in the UK too.. going through airport security with that and an Atari STE on the conveyor belt for hand luggage made me chuckle.. "Sir, do you have any computers in your bag?"
Just as long as you didn’t have a copy of XCOPY in the drive.

Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureman84 View Post
I think I still have my AMIGA sampler adapter and a copy of pro tracker & OctaMed
Fun times, the sample quality is actually pretty nice and crunchy on the Amiga. I think it does variable rate up to something like 52Khz? Maybe it’s more like 32.
Old 30th April 2018
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtohaveajuno View Post
When I moved to Oz in 2010, I gave away my Amiga1200 with 68030CPU /68882 FPU, 8MB RAM etc ... so wish I'd kept it, so I could access my old bars & pipes tracks.

I have all the disks, I have the emulator, but getting a floppy for the PC in a pain in the captain crunch
Quote:
I had an 1200T 030/50 with 32MB RAM and a nice hard disk. Can’t remember where it went!

Also, have an A3000 that is quite poorly and needs some work.
I still have 2xA1000, 1xA2000 and 1xA3000. Did not fire them up for decades, though. No clue where my A1200 went.

Quote:
BTW, I have been one of the XCOPY programmers at Cachet back in the day. Fun times :-).
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Ordered this right when I went on vacation, so I didn't have a chance to log it here:

The whole computerized patch editor thing boggles my mind since it's got a decent Waldorf-style matrix editor that could have accommodated everything, but it's cheap and sounds pretty venomous.
Also works as a midi and audio interfaces for iPad with CCK.

I thought there were some hidden parameters in the actual editor?
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
I was on the lookout for these guys
April 2018 New Gear thread-fast.jpg

Quote:

It looks much nicer without the giant orange sticker people leave stuck on them. Taiho Yamada talks a bit about it here if you've not seen this interview. I've had an eye out to nab one
Attached Thumbnails
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
I thought there were some hidden parameters in the actual editor?
More than that. The editor is the only way to access things like waveform shape. You really can't do any serious programming from the front panel.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I was on the lookout for these guys

It looks much nicer without the giant orange sticker people leave stuck on them. Taiho Yamada talks a bit about it here if you've not seen this interview. I've had an eye out to nab one
F***ing snitches.
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
More than that. The editor is the only way to access things like waveform shape. You really can't do any serious programming from the front panel.
So as far as I’m aware, the venom is basically a ROMpler with various single cycle waveforms inside sampled from other synths.

Of course, there’s more to it than that. How is the waveshaping and sync on the venom? Sync is pretty poisonous with digital waveforms, SQ80, Wavestation, barely controllable!
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Today I got my syncussion clone kit
Old 1st May 2018
Quote:

Man, you bought loads of gear and then went on vacation? If you need someone to stroke your hair when you’re falling asleep or popping bon-bons in your mouth while watching Game of Thrones with a goblet of Johnny Walker Blue label, just let me know.
Old 1st May 2018
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
I just got a Squarp Pyramid Sequencer to upgrade my current sequencing solution while I love my Beatstep Pros and Keysteps, this seems much deeper and definitely takes up less space
Also just picked up a Pyramid mk1 at a great price. I started out with a Alesis MMT-8 when I was young, then moved to a DAW, but I really didn't realize how much I missed the hands on immediacy of using a hardware sequencer versus a mouse. It's a real powerhouse sequencer that is very easy to use. I tried using a MPC1000 for sequencing, but the workflow on that was not for me.

Last edited by Doc Tonewheel; 1st May 2018 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: added
Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

You know, I agree every once in a while, you just gotta buy a synth because of its name.

Quote:

Old 1st May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
So as far as I’m aware, the venom is basically a ROMpler with various single cycle waveforms inside sampled from other synths.

Of course, there’s more to it than that. How is the waveshaping and sync on the venom? Sync is pretty poisonous with digital waveforms, SQ80, Wavestation, barely controllable!
That's why I lament that they didn't do a better job with the onboard programming interface. I've only dabbled with the presets (because that's the only way you can really check out different waveforms without hooking up a computer) and it sounds super mean. It's a great synth engine, just a bad physical design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu View Post
Man, you bought loads of gear and then went on vacation? If you need someone to stroke your hair when you’re falling asleep or popping bon-bons in your mouth while watching Game of Thrones with a goblet of Johnny Walker Blue label, just let me know.
I'm not sure what you're implying here, but I am strangely aroused.
Old 4th May 2018
Quote:
She doesn't really drool - you're more likely to have to be careful avoiding a sneezesplosion

Pretty much everything is out of her sneeze-range aside from when taking pics, though.

When she was young she used to think she was a cat (had a Siamese to teach her at the time) and climb all over the place though, hehe
Nice! I am on my second Pug in life, and I will probably rarely be without one until I die. They are nothing but love and personality. She sits on my feet while I’m in the studio, snoring away.
Attached Thumbnails
April 2018 New Gear thread-151aa05e-2f78-433a-a400-4a5e145823aa.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search