The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
oto machines boum now up for preorder
Old 17th March 2018
Lives for gear

oto machines boum now up for preorder

hi every one the oto machines boum is now up for preorder link:

BOUM |

what do you guys think? it sounds really cool Ide be interested to here it do some softer sounds though.

ide love to here your thoughts
Old 17th March 2018
Lives for gear

I ordered one last week
Old 17th March 2018
Lives for gear
I really hope it's not just another cold crunch robot fuzz death metal overkill box - there's a billion of those out there and that square wave garbation is PLAYED OUT. Hope it's got a crispy juicy funky pumping SOUL and is to warmup mojo what bim and bam are to delay and reverb
Old 17th March 2018
Lives for gear

I have such a hard time knowing what to do with OTO devices.

On one hand they are so well built and designed, versatile, and sound really great. They also are the boutique devices that are a labor of love and passion from a brilliant creative individual - the thing we all should be supporting over sweat shop junk.

On the other hand the UI is confusing and arcane necessitating constant trips to the manual when I just want to be making music.

I'd recommend them highly for someone with refined aesthetics and patience to really focus on learning their nuances, @ Trey they might be right up your alley since they require a lot of memorization and hands on attention but beware, modes are often indicated by lighted buttons. I ultimately sold my Biscuit because I got annoyed with trying to remember and figure out what / who / when / how to get all the cool things it did to work.
Old 17th March 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddoggie View Post
I have such a hard time knowing what to do with OTO devices.

On one hand they are so well built and designed, versatile, and sound really great. They also are the boutique devices that are a labor of love and passion from a brilliant creative individual - the thing we all should be supporting over sweat shop junk.

On the other hand the UI is confusing and arcane necessitating constant trips to the manual when I just want to be making music.

I'd recommend them highly for someone with refined aesthetics and patience to really focus on learning their nuances, @ Trey they might be right up your alley since they require a lot of memorization and hands on attention but beware, modes are often indicated by lighted buttons. I ultimately sold my Biscuit because I got annoyed with trying to remember and figure out what / who / when / how to get all the cool things it did to work.
The Biscuit looks a bit more complicated but I think the other is very easy to navigate compared to some rack effects Ive used. The Bim takes a little longer to learn. Ive also preordered the Boum which looks even simpler than the rest. These 3 will probably be the ultimate multi fx.
Old 17th March 2018
Lives for gear

I wanted a biscuit for ages
Old 17th March 2018
Lives for gear

Pre-ordered over a month ago. Liking/owning the Bim and Bam, this one is essential for me.
Old 17th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post
Pre-ordered over a month ago. Liking/owning the Bim and Bam, this one is essential for me.
Ditto.
If anything the Boum looks to have the simplest of all of the interfaces of the three.
Don't understand the comments about the UI being too complicated. It's actually very simple. It could definitely have been better (eg an LCD).
Old 18th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
Ditto.
If anything the Boum looks to have the simplest of all of the interfaces of the three.
Don't understand the comments about the UI being too complicated. It's actually very simple. It could definitely have been better (eg an LCD).
I will say that, you do have to learn these boxes a bit, as to what the positions of the little dots mean. It looks much cooler than an actual screen, but maybe not as practical. Nevertheless, if you can just remember where your go parameters/settings are, then it's fine. But initially, it's good to read the manual.
Old 18th March 2018
Lives for gear

Ide really love to get one of these its size and price make it a winner for me.
Old 18th March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
I really hope it's not just another cold crunch robot fuzz death metal overkill box - there's a billion of those out there and that square wave garbation is PLAYED OUT. Hope it's got a crispy juicy funky pumping SOUL and is to warmup mojo what bim and bam are to delay and reverb
Couldn't agree more. Hoping for a few more demos of subtle warming/saturation to see if this thing will deliver.
Old 28th April 2018
SRT
Lives for gear
ETA on Boum shipment?
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear

Boom boom soon soon
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
ETA on Boum shipment?
Good question, I thought it was going to be April, but I haven't heard a word on my pre order.
Old 28th April 2018
Lives for gear

They got them in and are about to ship
Old 9th May 2018
Waiting for mine to be delivered today
Old 9th May 2018
Lives for gear

Mine shipped on 3rd May -- here they come!
Old 9th May 2018
Deleted User
quality gear from these people so it will be cool , they have good ears i think and make gear that feels instantly classic in some sense.
Old 9th May 2018
Gear Nut

Anyone got theirs yet?
Old 10th May 2018
Gear Head

I got mine this week! :-) Only had time to play with it for a few hours but I am very impressed so far!!

I find it very easy to use, and it absolutely delivers what I was hoping for / expecting. I hooked it up with a RM1x (gently, because the sounds are already compressed), and it was like a testosteron boost!

It does get a little warm after being active for a while, but then again, it ís a warming unit. :-)

This weekend I am going to experiment more, trying the BOUM on vst's and an all analog hardware setup.

Compliments to you folks at OTO! :-)

Last edited by Gigstuely; 10th May 2018 at 02:01 PM..
Old 11th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigstuely View Post
I got mine this week! :-) Only had time to play with it for a few hours but I am very impressed so far!!

I find it very easy to use, and it absolutely delivers what I was hoping for / expecting. I hooked it up with a RM1x (gently, because the sounds are already compressed), and it was like a testosteron boost!

It does get a little warm after being active for a while, but then again, it ís a warming unit. :-)

This weekend I am going to experiment more, trying the BOUM on vst's and an all analog hardware setup.

Compliments to you folks at OTO! :-)
When did you order yours? I still haven't gotten mine.
Old 11th May 2018
Gear Addict

Mine also arrived. I pre ordered from him directly but haven't picked it up yet
Old 11th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearteh View Post
Mine also arrived. I pre ordered from him directly but haven't picked it up yet
I pre-ordered around Feb 10th, but haven't gotten an email that it shipped. Did you get an email? I'm not worried, but just curious because I suspect it could be showing up soon.
Old 11th May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rids View Post
I pre-ordered around Feb 10th, but haven't gotten an email that it shipped. Did you get an email? I'm not worried, but just curious because I suspect it could be showing up soon.
Yes I got a mail a week ago when they sent it. I got an offer to preorder before the first opening at 3rd february to be sure I would not to miss the first batch.
Old 12th May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearteh View Post
Yes I got a mail a week ago when they sent it. I got an offer to preorder before the first opening at 3rd february to be sure I would not to miss the first batch.
Same here. @ rids , you should receive a mail + tracing info when shipped. If you worry about it I would just mail OTO sales to be sure.
Old 13th May 2018
Lives for gear

I pre-ordered Feb 12th from Oto direct and mine arrived yesterday. So far, impressed.
No doubt you'll get your shipping confirmation soon
Old 13th May 2018
Deleted cec0d5b
Q. How does this compare to Elektron's Analog Heat? Does anyone have both?
Old 13th May 2018
Lives for gear

I’ve preordered, and cancelled my preorder 3 times due to the demos of this. I just want to hear if doing something more subtle than maximum destruction mode. I want to hear it make drums sound better, and I want to hear what it sounds like when sidechaining sounds.
Old 13th May 2018
Lives for gear

Haven't got far enough with it to try sidechaining yet, but the filtering is really useful, and of course, the mix knob and level knob mean you can dial in subtle parallel distortion / compression very nicely.
Old 13th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach666 View Post
I’ve preordered, and cancelled my preorder 3 times due to the demos of this. I just want to hear if doing something more subtle than maximum destruction mode. I want to hear it make drums sound better, and I want to hear what it sounds like when sidechaining sounds.
The only decent non-rack compressor I have heard is the Intellijel Jellysquisher, but it’s 1) mono and 2) eurorack.

Bug them to make a stereo desktop unit. It’s by far the best sounding and natural compact compressor
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search