The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer effects unit?
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Behringer effects unit?

Yes, I thought we needed another Behringer thread.

Uli mentioned something in the UB-Xa thread that caught my attention, and as an effects fan, I thought it was worth discussion:

”Please find attached a new front panel layout, which includes many of your suggestions. However we decided not to integrate effects in order to retain the authenticity of the original instrument. When it comes to effects, we might be able to surprise you with a very cool solution in the near future :-) “

No doubt something impressive is on the way, I’m very curious to see what it is.
Hopefully Uli is open to suggestions for more of this type of thing.

For starters I’d love to see a clone of the Marshall Time Modulator.

Or a multi effects unit with 16 bit converters and analog filters, like a modern H3000.

Or an effects processor that does true 3D processing, like the Roland RSS or Q-sound. (There is currently nothing available that does this, hardware or software)

Any more ideas?
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Back in December when there was the Behringer Website Leak, there was a device listed called the Maelstrom. Essentially a stand alone unit with the effects section from the Deepmind 12 which are also part of the X-Series mixers

My guess is that is what he was talking about
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasspike View Post
Back in December when there was the Behringer Website Leak, there was a device listed called the Maelstrom. Essentially a stand alone unit with the effects section from the Deepmind 12 which are also part of the X-Series mixers

My guess is that is what he was talking about
Ah okay, I didn't know about that one.
Still, it might be nice to plant some seeds/ideas for future products.
Some great effects would appeal to more than just the electronic crowd, but to guitarists and studio owners too, so there is a lot of potential.
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

I'd love to see something along the lines of an Ensoniq DP/4 with a better UI and more CV outputs (and maybe inputs).
Old 8th March 2018
Gear Guru

yeah a high end reverb, one that sounded like space not a giant digital contruct with never ending noise and artifacts.. it's so hard to find a nice clean deep reverb that isn't unnatural and or noisy..
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post

Or a multi effects unit with 16 bit converters and analog filters, like a modern H3000.
This please! The H3000 oozes character, which is something missing from more recent Eventide models such as the 7600.
Old 8th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Something like a Pete Cornish pedalboard but in a rack mount format.

A combination of analog and digital effects.

Maybe add a footswitch board?
Old 8th March 2018
Gear Addict

A collaboration with Valhalla guy to bring his plugins in hardware form would be something.
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild View Post
This please! The H3000 oozes character, which is something missing from more recent Eventide models such as the 7600.
I totally agree. Most of the magic from the H3000 comes from the hardware/analog side of the unit.

Plugins have come such a long way, they have almost killed off effects units.
So the important part is have some character in the hardware side that plugins can’t recreate, like analog filters instead of digital eq. Also high quality 16 bit converters, like most of the classic effect units that are still highly revered and very expensive. (Lexicon, AMS, etc..)
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post

For starters I’d love to see a clone of the Marshall Time Modulator.

Or an effects processor that does true 3D processing, like the Roland RSS or Q-sound. (There is currently nothing available that does this, hardware or software)

Any more ideas?
I'd love to see a bogon-tide
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Any effects box *without* foot switches would immediately get my attention ...

EDIT: I think a synth-and-keyboards focused multi effects unit would be an instabuy for me ... This would be reflected in the physical design, features and selection of effects ...

It could be medium-sized like a desktop unit and give it a synth-like UI (i.e. generous knobbage maybe even sliders); at least one set of stereo line-level inputs, allowing for a "Dual Mono" mode that allows a discrete effects chain for two mono inputs (or even more inputs so it can be used with more than two steroe synth simultaneously), multiple outs or facility for FX loop; ability to save multiple version of the same patch ...

Basically, something that for just once put the needs to the few keyboardists over the needs of the many guitarists ...

Last edited by Diametro; 22nd April 2018 at 02:16 PM..
Old 8th March 2018
I have a DP4, would like an updated version. Best thing Ensoniq ever made.
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Something that has the Quantec RS,Lexicon 480,224,PCM70,EMT250, Dimension D,Various vintage flanger,chorus and tape echo emulations in one box with a nice knobby interface has my attention.
Old 8th March 2018
Gear Nut
TC Electronics have been working on the Juno Chorus (?) and I'd love to see a desktop modulation FX built around something like that. Analogue saturation, chorus, phaser, flanger. TC already do most of that in pedals so shouldn't be hard, surely?
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

only interested in digital effects if the have lots of character (h3000, dp4, bisquit, etc)

an analog multi fx box would be super cool. something like ibanez ue or vermona retroverb lancet
Old 8th March 2018
Definitely curious about this one!
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Didn't the Maelstrom leak make it sound like it was the Deepmind fx, analogue distortion, analogue filter and audio interface in one. Sort of DP4 and Elektron Heat in one box.

If it is I am all over it!
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by battyroy View Post
A collaboration with Valhalla guy to bring his plugins in hardware form would be something.
Tip top makes the z-dsp module. Valhalla makes a shimmer cartridge for it.
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

When Uli Behringer says "very nice" usually the price point is part of this thing beeing nice. We all are waiting for something that follows the mighty V-Verb. Maybe this device will be a "Musicmesse thing". A good point to take preorders...
Old 8th March 2018
Gear Nut
Ive always been wondering If it would be worth it to buy the x-12 and a used iPad as a multi effects unit... If They would offer a unit only with that engine it probably would be even cheaper.
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

An fx sequencer in this Uli box would be the insta buy for me

Last edited by Cornish1999; 8th March 2018 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: Big thumbs
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryankraft View Post
Something that has the Quantec RS,Lexicon 480,224,PCM70,EMT250, Dimension D,Various vintage flanger,chorus and tape echo emulations in one box with a nice knobby interface has my attention.
That already exists in the X-Series mixers and you can run 4 effects at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmklacht View Post
Ive always been wondering If it would be worth it to buy the x-12 and a used iPad as a multi effects unit... If They would offer a unit only with that engine it probably would be even cheaper.
I have an XR-12 that I got just for effects because it only costs $250. Since it's controlled via a touch interface on an iPad or Android device it's very easy to dial in exactly what you want and then save it as a preset. There are also two aux outs on 1/4" jacks that allow it to in face quite nicely with other rack gear or pedals. It also has a brilliant USB recorder that records a stereo WAV file to a thumb drive. I do a lot of recording to tape from my analog mixer and I have the tape feed into the XR-12. It has great tools onboard to "master" the tape to USB drives

I also have a X-18, it costs $450 but it comes with 6 Aux sends on quarter jacks and 16 XLR/quarter Combi jacks. I use this as a digital patchbay running Synths in and out to my vintage rack gear and then back into the mixer which is also a 18 track bidirectional USB interface.
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Just reissue the Rev2496.
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

+1 on the h3000
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

I wonder how feasible/possible it would be to clone an Ursa Major SST282 Space Station? Totally unique device and not common.

Stephen
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

Compact Phasing A.
Old 8th March 2018
Gear Guru

Speaking of hardware rack/effect versions that we'd like to see Behringer clone..

I would literally sell most things I have to fund something like a hardware REX player/editor.
Old 8th March 2018
I think if they made an Ensoniq DP4+ with a better screen and modulatable parameters. It's awesome and the companys out of business. Lots of people want them and their value is going up.

Another one they could make is a Lexicon 480L clone. They just need to put it in a Larc lookalike body with no rack unit. Probably easy enough to get the DSP in there for reasonable money these days. Give it usb connectivity and make it work as an audio interface so you can get sound in and out of it from a computer easily too. Theyll sell a **** ton. The 480L is the single most recognizeable effect unit of all time.

Last edited by StarfishMusic; 9th March 2018 at 12:29 AM..
Old 9th March 2018
Gear Addict

I think with this product Behringer has the chance to do something really good that is their own thing and not a clone of something else.

If they can fill the gap between a Zoom MS-100BT and an Eventide Blackhole price wise and add maybe some analog distortion and filtering plus the ability to handle more than one input like the DP-4, then they have a really interesting product!
Old 9th March 2018
Gear Addict

A killer analogue multi-effects unit with full digital control and presets (plus vst?) would be pretty cool
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search