The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Pro 1 Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Leopards View Post
Moot Booxle at it again, this time using a Crave to control the Pro-1...
Pretty creative use of the onboard sequencer. Me likey.

But dammit I want to hear somebody make this thing sound like Vince Clarke! What's the point in getting a Pro One if you can't play a perfect cover of "Situation"?

In other news, I had a strange dream last night, in which I was working with Behringer, and we were trying to make a perfect Juno-60 clone (but with 8 voices). It was funny because the product was called the "BR-1080", and everybody on Gearslutz was calling it the "BRUNO".

Honest truth.

Happy Monday.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Let's hope that Uli will have a divine inspiration in a dream and then decides to clone the timeless Juno 60. I love it's sound, it's simple control panel, the chorus and the arpeggiator!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okkulte Gestalt View Post
Let's hope that Uli will have a divine inspiration in a dream and then decides to clone the timeless Juno 60. I love it's sound, it's simple control panel, the chorus and the arpeggiator!
They could use TC electronic’s ”authentic recreation” of the chorus circuit...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramse View Post
They could use TC electronic’s ”authentic recreation” of the chorus circuit...
I think they really need to try that again and do it justice.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by infindebula View Post
Pretty creative use of the onboard sequencer. Me likey.

But dammit I want to hear somebody make this thing sound like Vince Clarke! What's the point in getting a Pro One if you can't play a perfect cover of "Situation"?

In other news, I had a strange dream last night, in which I was working with Behringer, and we were trying to make a perfect Juno-60 clone (but with 8 voices). It was funny because the product was called the "BR-1080", and everybody on Gearslutz was calling it the "BRUNO".

Honest truth.

Happy Monday.

I demand it be painted rainbow.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It's like the Pro-1 demo people have never been upstairs at Eric's or even heard of Vince.

Or the 808 demo guys have never heard Egyptian Lover or Afrika Bambaataa.

Or the Vocoder demo guys have never heard Don't Stop The Rock or, again, Egyptian Lover.

There ought to be a law, I say...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Leopards View Post
Moot Booxle at it again, this time using a Crave to control the Pro-1...
I really like what I'm hearing with the Pro-One tonally.
Still waiting .......
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
It's like the Pro-1 demo people have never been upstairs at Eric's or even heard of Vince.

Or the Vocoder demo guys have never heard Don't Stop The Rock or, again, Egyptian Lover.

I could easily do upstairs at erics but unfortunately i dont have a pro one.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post

The closest they have heard is Kazoo.

I know all of these and I am just 24, so there is no excuse.

Then again, I was introduced to all of these at a young age.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by infindebula View Post
I had a strange dream last night, in which I was working with Behringer, and we were trying to make a perfect Juno-60 clone (but with 8 voices). It was funny because the product was called the "BR-1080", and everybody on Gearslutz was calling it the "BRUNO".
I would buy a BRUNO.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

One would think the teams working on them and the beta testers who get them would be familiar with the actual history of each given one. Otherwise how dr o they even know whether or not they nailed it, without specific contextual comparisons...?

How silly would it be if the testers testing the 808 were judging its success or failure by trying to do Zeppelin/Bonham or Rush/Pert covers with it instead of something the 808 is actually famous for?

Seems rather obvious, no?
Old 2 weeks ago
And the bubbles. Don't forget the bubbles...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So then Mr @ Uli Behringer can you tell me if this will be here for my birthday on the 20th of May ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

How will midi be implemented on this, can you record knob control changes during real-time playback for example?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawneyBean View Post
How will midi be implemented on this, can you record knob control changes during real-time playback for example?
No, surely not.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
For notes only....well pitch bend maybe too?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
No its old school. Ride the knobs while you print - like the good ol days.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Bummer, I was hoping this could be used as a controller for Repro-1 too. I know a bespoke one was announced a couple of weeks back but at the price of a Bro-1, I thought this would be the smarter option.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I mean if you have some kind of CV control the CV inputs can be used like MIDI CC's and they're more precise
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Notes, pitchbend and modulation wheel.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinakroon View Post
Notes, pitchbend and modulation wheel.
Has the keyboard velocity?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastropiero View Post
Has the keyboard velocity?
No velocity over MIDI, no.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Just played it at Superbooth. I sold my Pro-One about 5 months ago and all I can say is I’m really glad I did. The Behringer nails the sound 100% and feels even higher quality than the knobs on the real deal. Plus it saves space, has USB and I won’t ever have to deal with the crappy keyboard again. Shipping Sept. according to the very nice guy from the UK engineering team who was there.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
Just played it at Superbooth. I sold my Pro-One about 5 months ago and all I can say is I’m really glad I did. The Behringer nails the sound 100% and feels even higher quality than the knobs on the real deal. Plus it saves space, has USB and I won’t ever have to deal with the crappy keyboard again. Shipping Sept. according to the very nice guy from the UK engineering team who was there.
Good info sir or Madame, I don't know
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Thanks, I have to say I’m really impressed with all the Behringer gear I tried there. The MS-101 was surprisingly VERY heavy and felt far more solid than the OG 101. And I think it also sounds great, though I will stick to my SH-01A as it has the benefit of 4 voices.

The VC-340 is truly brilliant - both the strings/choir and vocoder - I have one on pre-order. Also messed with their 808/909 clones and they did sound good, though I have no desire for these as I prefer working with samples ITB for drums.

I find it really funny how much crap people throw at Behringer for cloning synths but somehow it’s OK that Black Corporation or Studio Electronics are/were doing the same and it’s “cool” even though they charge multiples of what Behringer does/will. Lots of elitism on this forum. I say go Behringer!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
This is quite reassuring, esp. coming from a ex Pro-One owner. September, damn, feels like a long way off somehow!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
This is quite reassuring, esp. coming from a ex Pro-One owner. September, damn, feels like a long way off somehow!
dont forget some people promote here. i would like to hear the comparison not just take someone's word as is
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Waiting for this - this is going to be a long summer.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Hopefully the Pro One will lead to a Prophet 5 next.
Old 1 week ago
I tried it also at superbooth and wasn't as convinced. The filter seemed very close but the oscillators less probably. Maybe it's just that it feels less clunky than the real thing. You do get influenced by such things, but I wasn't as exited about it as I hoped I would be.

I've never used an Odyssee before so can't compare but I was much more impressed by the sound/feel of that clone.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search