The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Pro 1
Old 1st November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wentzelitis View Post
noticed whenever i have anything plugged into the ext input that the sequencer won't work. intended?
I think so. The external input generates gates from the incoming audio. So that takes control over the sequencer as well.
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomachine View Post
I think so. The external input generates gates from the incoming audio. So that takes control over the sequencer as well.
Yes! The OG does this and so the B should do to.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmedia View Post
Yes! The OG does this and so the B should do to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomachine View Post
cool thanks both of you. interesting .. kinda stinks for what I wanted to use it for, but at least I know the behringer version isn't malfunctioning. i'll just embrace it
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by wentzelitis View Post
cool thanks both of you. interesting .. kinda stinks for what I wanted to use it for, but at least I know the behringer version isn't malfunctioning. i'll just embrace it
I think this came up earlier on this thread, and IIRC there was talk of a possible mod to change this. Might be worth checking if you’re into that kind of thing!
Old 2nd November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Is there any way to start/stop the Pro-1's sequencer via MIDI In? It is definitely receiving clock, and that's great, but I can't actually line it up with external gear, other than to just keep hitting the start button on my drum machine and hoping I got it right.
Old 6th November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

New envelopes are really bad

Does anyone know how I could downgrade firmware from 1.2.9?

The latest envelope behaviour is pretty much unusable.
The range you would tweak on attack and decay cover way too much area around the knobs which makes them very clunky to tweak considering how small the device is.

The old behaviour was fine and more usable especially when performing.
Old 6th November 2020
Gear Addict

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
I'm certain this is already discussed in this thread, but how does this thing fit into a standard 19" rack? Behringer sells 80 HP rack ears which should make it possible, but is it practical with the power and audio jacks being where they are? Seems like I would have to put it at the top of a 19" rack to be able to access those. Anyone have photos?

The same could really be asked for any of the other Behringer synths in the same form factor.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heddhunter View Post
Is there any way to start/stop the Pro-1's sequencer via MIDI In? It is definitely receiving clock, and that's great, but I can't actually line it up with external gear, other than to just keep hitting the start button on my drum machine and hoping I got it right.

I have the same experience as you
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanbeat View Post
I'm certain this is already discussed in this thread, but how does this thing fit into a standard 19" rack? Behringer sells 80 HP rack ears which should make it possible, but is it practical with the power and audio jacks being where they are? Seems like I would have to put it at the top of a 19" rack to be able to access those. Anyone have photos?

The same could really be asked for any of the other Behringer synths in the same form factor.
I managed to squeeze it in the top of an 8u rack but had to use 90 degree USB and audio connectors. Wish it was like the Boog where everything is on the front. Makes it even more awkward to use when in a Eurorack as you lose the USB and 1/4" jack.
Old 7th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Apologies to people that have been following the thread from the beginning - I haven't been able to read all 147 pages, but it seems like the Bro-1 is quite problematic. Is anybody able to use it without issue or are the problems really as widespread as this thread makes it seem?

Are the latest envelopes 'unusable'? Is it really that unstable?

Thanks
Old 7th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
Apologies to people that have been following the thread from the beginning - I haven't been able to read all 147 pages, but it seems like the Bro-1 is quite problematic. Is anybody able to use it without issue or are the problems really as widespread as this thread makes it seem?

Thanks
I use mine with cv/gate via silent way and a motu soundcard . No issues at all and the envelopes are nice andd snappy .
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanbeat View Post

I have racked my Pro1 at the top of a small rack. May be ok there in some. Fitted the power fine but even with a right angled audio jack I couldn't at first. I have to admit as I have a few of these racks (ex MOD kit sold off) I hit the top of it with a hammer to give myself clearance. Tight fit
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Pro 1-img_20200907_203306.jpg  
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks
Excellent piece of kit. Feels solid, envelopes are great now. I onoy bought it once they had updated them
Old 8th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Thanks
From what I've read in this thread (following on and off from the start but not yet an owner) the main two outstanding "issues" are:

- Unusual behaviour of audio in/cv gate in as they share functions, like the original. Read up on how the original works to see if that will be a problem.

- Limited MIDI note range which I believe follows the note range available via the keyboard of the original.
This can be overcome with cv including (If I understand correctly) the possibility to offset the pitch to a lower octave using cv and still play notes via MIDI.

Edit: Can anyone confirm the last bit or is it just my wishful thinking? Does the synthtool allow you to set the 0v/octave number relationship?
Old 8th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Hi all, sending the Pro 1 (latest firmware) midi clock from logic x, syncs fine, is there any way to adjust the clock subdivisions in the Pro 1 sequencer / arp. All I’m getting is 16th notes which is fine some of the time !
Old 10th November 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
anyone checked where to adjust output volume? I bought a second one recently, and output level is off by 8db compared to the first one. I'm sure there is a trimpot inside, but thought I'd check here first before taking a look.+

edit: oh boy, that was before my morning ☕️ - resonance was way up lol

Last edited by tomylee; 10th November 2020 at 07:43 AM..
Old 10th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapro View Post
I have racked my Pro1 at the top of a small rack. May be ok there in some. Fitted the power fine but even with a right angled audio jack I couldn't at first. I have to admit as I have a few of these racks (ex MOD kit sold off) I hit the top of it with a hammer to give myself clearance. Tight fit
nice pic, well done, curious about the knobs, are these the same ones a nord lead or sherman filterbank uses? where'd you get them?
Old 10th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomylee View Post
nice pic, well done, curious about the knobs, are these the same ones a nord lead or sherman filterbank uses? where'd you get them?
Those are the knobs that came with the Unit. I have a DBX compressor mounted below the Pro1, that may alter the overall look?
Old 15th November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:

Thanks
I’ve also had constant problems with my pro-1 (an audible pitch coming through even with the amps turned off and the eg at zero, extremely touchy eg range, out of the box there was no noise signal until I opened it up and adjusted the noise trimmer). I feel like the quality control is quite poor at the factory, some people have working units and some have quirky and frustrating units. Mine suddenly stopped tracking notes for both oscillators and all waveforms are sent simultaneously regardless of wave selection, sounds like four different fm modulated signals tracking incorrectly, kind of neat but unuseable. Also the USB connection seems to not be working now either. Music Tribe is the worst case scenario for tech support...a company that handles tech support for many different brands and thousands of different types of products. There is no way the quality of service is gonna be sufficient for really complex issues. I have an open care ticket that’s just been sitting for a month with no response. One other time I used it they wanted me to make a youtube video of my issue even though I thoroughly described every symptom and my troubleshooting methods. I live in rural Vermont and my upload speed is around .5mbs so I’ve never even considered making a youtube video.
Gear Maniac
Quote:

Thanks
Zero issues. It's a brilliant synth & in my eyes the definitive mono for anyone who isn't desperately into Bass Station, moog filters or vintage stuff like Promars or SH-2. Huge range and versatility thanks to the modulation and wide pot values, and it's so quick to work with. It was pretty solid before but the new envelopes really make it shine.
Here for the gear

SynthTool "cloud is in maintenance"

well, api.cloud.music-group.com has invalid SSL certificate so its not maintenance ..
Old 17th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuomassamout View Post
Hi guys,

I've ran into a problem with my Pro-1. Using the pitch bend triggers another note. It happens when the release is open on the amp envelope. I think this behaviour just started after the most recent firmware update, but I am not sure. First I just thought i had some weird patching going on, but I don't think thats it. Anyone else notice this kind of behaviour?

Here is a link to a video of the problem, that i posted on a behringer FB group.

https://www.facebook.com/tuomas.noun...59173179663313

Thanks
@ tuomassamout Did you find a solution to this issue? Got a brand new PRO-1 today with the exact same problem.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotecho View Post
@ tuomassamout Did you find a solution to this issue? Got a brand new PRO-1 today with the exact same problem.
Hi robotecho,

I got in touch with behringer and they told me to send it back to the retailer(thomann). Thomann just received the synth and told me it might take about 3-4 weeks before I get it back. In the reply from behringer, they did say that my unit is broken...

Just out of curiosity, what firmware version is yours?
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I upgraded to the latest, 1.2.9, but I am pretty sure I noticed it before I did the upgrade. It's a real bummer, it seems to be a fairly common issue.

EDIT: Just an update, Behringer support (Music tribe) gave the following response:

Quote:
Thank you for your email. This kind of issue would sadly need to be inspected for a hardware fault, this behaviour is not expected and may not be a software problem. Please contact your re-seller here, as they will determine the warranty period on your unit and be able to assist you with an inspection.
So back it goes :(

Last edited by robotecho; 18th November 2020 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: Updated with support information
Old 20th November 2020
Here for the gear

After the ****ing upgrade to 1.2.9, the sound and envelope control of Pro-1 became terrible, it seems that they also changed the sensitivity of pulse width? Never upgrade to 1.2.9.

Last edited by Dark2020; 20th November 2020 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: No
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
@ tuomassamout Did you get a replacement yet? I returned mine to Amazon in the US and got a refund, and bought one locally. Same issue (firmware 1.2.6 this time). I contacted the local retailer who were really helpful, they got another one out of stock and tested it... same issue.

That's 3 for 3 for me. That can't be bad luck. Does anyone have one of these units and finds that they can perform a pitch bend over midi on a patch with long sustain, release the note while bending and continue the bend?

This sounds so suspiciously close to the pitch bend issue on the Model D, it can't just be a coincidence. On the Model D you can either use the default bend range, or change the bend range but if you release a key during a bend it snaps back to the note you just played. Almost identical behaviour but much more useable.

For now, I really love this thing, and I can get around the issue using CV/Gate, which you need to do anyway to play lower notes. I'm going to hang on to this unit but if this turns out to be a widespread issue that gets acknowledged by Behringer and fixed, I'll get it replaced under warranty. Hopefully it will be a firmware fix, it sounds like a firmware problem.

Really surprised more people aren't reporting this.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
That pitchbend issue really bugged me with the Model D. I could forgive them with that being the first of the recreations, but for it still to be there on the Pro-One? Sheesh!

My own way around it is to set the bend for an octave (to allow bend in release) and then scale the pitchbend in my DAW. It's not ideal, but it works. Maybe that would also work for the Pro-One?
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotecho View Post
@ tuomassamout Did you get a replacement yet? I returned mine to Amazon in the US and got a refund, and bought one locally. Same issue (firmware 1.2.6 this time). I contacted the local retailer who were really helpful, they got another one out of stock and tested it... same issue.

That's 3 for 3 for me. That can't be bad luck. Does anyone have one of these units and finds that they can perform a pitch bend over midi on a patch with long sustain, release the note while bending and continue the bend?

This sounds so suspiciously close to the pitch bend issue on the Model D, it can't just be a coincidence. On the Model D you can either use the default bend range, or change the bend range but if you release a key during a bend it snaps back to the note you just played. Almost identical behaviour but much more useable.

For now, I really love this thing, and I can get around the issue using CV/Gate, which you need to do anyway to play lower notes. I'm going to hang on to this unit but if this turns out to be a widespread issue that gets acknowledged by Behringer and fixed, I'll get it replaced under warranty. Hopefully it will be a firmware fix, it sounds like a firmware problem.

Really surprised more people aren't reporting this.
I have not heard back from thomann or behringer after sending it back...

Really sorry to hear that all your units got the same issue. I know how you feel. I also really enjoyed the synth and I'm hoping they will send it back fixed.
Old 26th November 2020
vlz
Lives for gear

So is every single Pro-1 incapable of pitch bend? Wow. That's a major issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
So is every single Pro-1 incapable of pitch bend? Wow. That's a major issue.
I use the pro one every week on nearly everything and I never even noticed

Im a man who hates the bending of the pitches it seems!
📝 Reply