The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Pro 1
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_Jezz View Post
I'm genuinely pleased this has worked out well for you, but I'm the other way - pleased I've got an OG with a good keyboard (I may be in the minority, but mine's been well kept and serviced) and I way prefer the form factor.
Yeah, I would prefer the OG form factor... What I like about the new one is the Poly Chaining. I can buy 4 of them and have a 4 voice Pro-4!!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Our development team is aware of the issues with the gate input on the Pro-1 & are working on a fix. This will be addressed in a forthcoming firmware update. As soon as I become aware of a release date for the fix, I will email you personally & let you know.
Official reply in care ticket by Music Tribe.

Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramse View Post
It's printed on the back of the Pro-1 right below the power input. 12V DC 1000mA, center positive.
Thanks for that. My Pro 1 is being shipped so I want to get a proper Uk psu ordered.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloheb View Post
Official reply in care ticket by Music Tribe.

Awesome, this is what I wanted to hear.
Every Pro-1 demo I hear just sounds so gorgeous that the gate input not working would be heartbreaking.
I don't even care from a clone standpoint, it just sounds amazing.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig View Post
Yeah, I would prefer the OG form factor... What I like about the new one is the Poly Chaining. I can buy 4 of them and have a 4 voice Pro-4!!
We’ll see if they got the polychaining correct this time. On the Boog the chaining is Parachaining NOT polychaining. Meaning the gates of each chained voice are all triggered simultaneously, obviously not what people generally want when they think poly. They still use the words polychaining in their advertising claims. The engineers there might just not know the difference. It’s not a huge problem as I use other dispatchers to control 4 Boogs for proper poly.

I plan on getting 4 pro 1 for polychaining as well if these midi range and gate issues get fixed.
Old 2 days ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertflyer View Post
We’ll see if they got the polychaining correct this time. On the Boog the chaining is Parachaining NOT polychaining. Meaning the gates of each chained voice are all triggered simultaneously, obviously not what people generally want when they think poly. They still use the words polychaining in their advertising claims. The engineers there might just not know the difference. It’s not a huge problem as I use other dispatchers to control 4 Boogs for proper poly.

I plan on getting 4 pro 1 for polychaining as well if these midi range and gate issues get fixed.
Is that true? With one MIDI note you gate all chained units? Wow.
Surprised that none has complained yet after over 2 year of it being
out.

Polychain in my book is that the MIDI notes coming in the master get distributed
over the chained units and there's note stealing if you run out of units.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
Is that true? With one MIDI note you gate all chained units? Wow.
Surprised that none has complained yet after over 2 year of it being
out.

Polychain in my book is that the MIDI notes coming in the master get distributed
over the chained units and there's note stealing if you run out of units.
It’s true. Unless I missed some firmware update. It’s funny too that many of the early videos of people demoing the chaining seemed to not understand how poly synths should work.

You will find some proper poly chained videos, but those all use external dispatchers.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrains View Post
Ok, so I was able to successfully correct the pitch problems on my Pro-1. If anyone else has tracking/offset issues I hope this will be helpful:

On mine, I had to make more than 4 complete turns of the pot to get it to track correctly, so it is quite obvious they are rushing these out the door in a hurry with little QC - this is not a case of "it got off a bit during shipping".

While I am handy and happy to have fixed this issue, it is not something I think customers should be expected to do with a brand new synthesizer.
Were you tuning it by comparing to another reference synth?? How is it tuned? How do you know how to correct the offset?
Sorry if these are stupid questions. I've just never done anything like this before!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
Were you tuning it by comparing to another reference synth?? How is it tuned? How do you know how to correct the offset?
Sorry if these are stupid questions. I've just never done anything like this before!
You can use a tuner, a frequency meter, or another synth to tune to.

Then it's a matter of going back and forth between the tune and scale trimpots until you get the correct tune and scale on the oscillator. Then repeat with the additional oscillator(s).

On the OG Pro One there's also a DAC adjust trimmer... the service notes have you calibrate this with a voltmeter before calibrating the oscillators, to ensure you're getting the correct pitch CV INTO the oscillators. I don't know if the Pro1 has this or not, but if you calibrate the oscillators to scale octaves correctly with the keyboard/midi and then the octave selectors are off scale, you probably need to calibrate the DAC and then redo the oscillators.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I used a standard tuner. There are also tuner apps for phones you could use.

The procedure to tune it is the same as outlined here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PwSISQrQEM
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz View Post

On the OG Pro One there's also a DAC adjust trimmer... the service notes have you calibrate this with a voltmeter before calibrating the oscillators, to ensure you're getting the correct pitch CV INTO the oscillators. I don't know if the Pro1 has this or not, but if you calibrate the oscillators to scale octaves correctly with the keyboard/midi and then the octave selectors are off scale, you probably need to calibrate the DAC and then redo the oscillators.

There is another trim adjustment on the Bro-1, labeled "OSC TRIM", and there is one for each oscillator. I did not have to touch these to get mine back into calibration.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Disappointed to see you need to open it up to address tuning issues. My Boog died whilst I did that. Why can't they implement the top tuning like in the Korg Odyssey.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

The Pro 1 seems to have the magic that was missing from all the Yazoo/Speak and Spell soundalikes before.
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

I slightly prefer having the glitches caused by imperfect wires in the keyboard. The Pro-1 is not going to reproduce those artifacts or the noises caused by turning pots on a real Pro One. For this reason, I'd still like to try to buy an original, even though I used to own one and know very well what the build quality on it was like. Also, because I really like the self-contained keyboard synth aspect of the Pro One more.

If you disagree or don't need these artifacts, please don't attack me personally. Thank you.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arder View Post
I slightly prefer.. the glitches caused by imperfect wires in the keyboard (and) the noises caused by turning pots on a real Pro-One
Bloody Hell. I thought I was into some weird ****
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by le bouch
Bloody Hell. I thought I was into some weird ****
Keep on with that, no need to compare yourself with others
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Unfortunately I’m missing out as I have none of those issues with mine
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

To clarify, I wasn't talking about this wonky keyboard contact "feature" turned up to 11, just slight imperfections here and there mostly on attack and release. Nothing like the interrupting notes in the Starsky comparo vid.

Anyway, when the gate bug is fixed, I'll buy the Pro-1 to pair it with the Pro-2. I can't resist this combo.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Musicians Friend is currently running 3x points on Behringer, so 24% back in MF cash..Also 15% coupon code worked, so ordered at $297 + $71 back in reward cash..
Old 1 day ago
Just checked out the Starsky Carr comparison video and then preordered from Sweetwater. Will be my first Behringer synth. It was the one I was really interested in as it uses cloned CEMs. They certainly nailed it.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubnspace View Post
Musicians Friend is currently running 3x points on Behringer, so 24% back in MF cash..Also 15% coupon code worked, so ordered at $297 + $71 back in reward cash..

Yeah, if you can ever get it delivered! They talk a lot of pre-order, but keep getting a lot of back order . I got my PRO-1 from Thomann last week!
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

I think this might be my first Behringer synth. Actually I had a that silly Deepmind but dropped it like a hot potato when the mod wheel didn’t work. But their synths seems to have much better build quality now. Also, I always found the real pro-1 to have pretty lame build quality. Reliable I guess, but the cheapest-feeling pots and switches and that I have ever experienced. And the keyboard was just barely passable. So I think the Behringer actually stands a chance of being .... better?
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear

I'm not having much luck getting the sequencer to work but everything else is stunning.
Old 18 hours ago
Old 18 hours ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Still have not heard any ripping solos.
Old 17 hours ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckerformimi View Post
I think this might be my first Behringer synth. Actually I had a that silly DeepMind but dropped it like a hot potato when the mod wheel didn’t work. But their synths seems to have much better build quality now.
Huh? The Deepmind is and has always been built like a tank. Lol, people still can't help themselves having a pop at Behringer, even when they finally cave in and buy something from them.
Old 15 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
Still have not heard any ripping solos.
Like what? I just got mine yesterday and will try to come up with something.
Old 15 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by heddhunter View Post
Like what? I just got mine yesterday and will try to come up with something.
Try to sound like Eddie Van Halen.
Old 15 hours ago
Here for the gear

Got mine yesterday. Haven't spent a ton of time with it yet but initial impressions are incredibly positive. I've used a real Pro One before and this totally scratches the itch. Unbelievable to have That Sound for $300 and change! With MIDI!

Speaking of MIDI: do not connect USB MIDI and DIN MIDI at the same time. I was having all sorts of bizarre problems trying to trigger the unit via DIN while it was connected to USB as well. (Notes delayed, doubled, dropped completely - pulled the USB out and it was immediately fixed.) I have the Model D and I leave it connected via both USB and DIN so I was a little dismayed that the Pro-1 appeared to be broken out of the box, but then I discovered the fix.

Also note if you order from Thomann and you're in the USA you'll get the euro SKU which has a european power adapter. The adapter itself supports interchangeable blades but the only blades in the box are the european style.
Old 15 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Try to sound like Eddie Van Halen.
Covering Yngwie.

On a Dobro.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search