The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland TR8S - Drum machine with individual outs and sampling.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Someone posted a all blank/808 template backup file for all patterns and kits.

I’d like to have something like that, but with my own template. Is there any way to do this easily, maybe by using a pc, or do you have to do this manually one by one?

Its just a hassle to start a new project with a blank pattern with your favorite template kit which are both (pattern+kit) saved to a different location than the original locations, etc. Would be much easier if a kit is saved per pattern, without the possibility to link a pattern to a different kit. So when you load a different kit into a pattern, it should “clone” the kit into the pattern instead of linking to it imo...
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrinsen View Post
Someone posted a all blank/808 template backup file for all patterns and kits.

I’d like to have something like that, but with my own template. Is there any way to do this easily, maybe by using a pc, or do you have to do this manually one by one?

Its just a hassle to start a new project with a blank pattern with your favorite template kit which are both (pattern+kit) saved to a different location than the original locations, etc. Would be much easier if a kit is saved per pattern, without the possibility to link a pattern to a different kit. So when you load a different kit into a pattern, it should “clone” the kit into the pattern instead of linking to it imo...
As far I understood your question I think the best way to do it is creating your "template" pattern, with a 808 kit, copy it to all the banks in a pattern and them, copy the original pattern to all the other patterns. The problem is you will have to save all patterns individually, but nothing too much time consuming.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I used to want the kit and pattern saved 1:1, but I found out a good reason why it's not that way. You can develop one really good kit, your "signature sound", then use it across multiple patterns. In a live setting, this is pretty awesome because you can switch between multiple patterns with no breaks, and using the same kit is really helpful for a seamless transition.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

I finally got a decent mixer with lots of inputs and was thinking of using the individual outs of the TR to full advantage. However, I'm really new at this and don't know what I'm doing. Can anyone give me some tips and advice about the best drums to split out and what to do with them, in terms of EQ and effects?

Thanks!
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaping View Post
I finally got a decent mixer with lots of inputs and was thinking of using the individual outs of the TR to full advantage. However, I'm really new at this and don't know what I'm doing. Can anyone give me some tips and advice about the best drums to split out and what to do with them, in terms of EQ and effects?

Thanks!
Experimentation is key here, there’s no way wrong to do it.

M
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
Experimentation is key here, there’s no way wrong to do it.

M
Yep, specially for external FX and eq. For volume the form factor and faders of the Tr8 are perfect
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search