The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Roland TR8S - Drum machine with individual outs and sampling.
Old 36 minutes ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme517 View Post
My understanding is that it CANNOT be done...I read the manual and checked out a few online resources. Where I most want it it with patterns that have a swing...I want the subdivisions to be swung as well...at least for the roots reggae stuff I am programming.
Can you use a delay effect to get what you want? I don't know if you can apply FX parameter changes per step on the TR8S?
Old 17 minutes ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodde View Post
So you are saying you have just a 1 bar pattern for the verse, one bar for the chorus etc?

That's a very simplistic and limited way of song structure. And you always have to use the patterns in the same order. Basically what the TR-8s has with the A-H knobs is an 8 bar pattern. 8 bars is not a song. It can be but then it is super basic.
Actually you have 16 x 8 variations.

In Pattern Select mode you can press multiple step keys and then these will play in order - you can skip some out if you like.

This is not a song mode but instead a pattern chaining mode, which is still very useful, the only downside is there is no loop x times for each step/pattern - that would pretty much make it a song mode.

Personally I don't really care for song mode - there's plenty of other features I'd like to see first.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search