The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Black Corporation - Polyphonic Kobol
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksp View Post
Hi is the low end on the Kijimi ?

The synth seems to have a strong character in demos and also a ton of creative potential but wondering where it sits in terms of its acoustic quality ( weight of the sound , where it naturally falls in a mix , or whether it can go from subsonic to bright sounds )
According to the SoS-review:

As long as you don’t
invoke any filter resonance (which guts the
low end of the signal at the same time as
emphasising the cutoff frequency) it can
produce bass patches that make my Taurus
pedals duck behind the sofa.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigg View Post
According to the SoS-review:

As long as you don’t
invoke any filter resonance (which guts the
low end of the signal at the same time as
emphasising the cutoff frequency) it can
produce bass patches that make my Taurus
pedals duck behind the sofa.
Owning the Kijimi for a couple of months now, immediately purchased it after it came available here in Cologne, after first trying it out at superbooth last year. And I laughed so hard when I read this
Also: true
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by markusschloesser View Post
Owning the Kijimi for a couple of months now, immediately purchased it after it came available here in Cologne, after first trying it out at superbooth last year. And I laughed so hard when I read this
Also: true
Yeah the quote is very nice :D

I'm on the edge of ordering a Kijimi, but I know Roman will build DIY kits with a SSC2040 VCF clone instead of the default 2044-filter.

Should I wait for that or not... I think the current filter already sounds quite nice.
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Addict

A 2040 Vcf clone? Yess, at last! My favorite filter
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigg View Post
Yeah the quote is very nice :D

I'm on the edge of ordering a Kijimi, but I know Roman will build DIY kits with a SSC2040 VCF clone instead of the default 2044-filter.

Should I wait for that or not... I think the current filter already sounds quite nice.
I like the current filter a lot . Especially since the firmware update which opened the top up
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The new firmware for the Kijimi came out recently, and in addition to the new features (lfo per destination, arpeggiator) they also fixed cc74 not working in MPE mode, which made me very happy. I havent really had time to test that comprehensively yet, or even try the new features properly, but I already loved this synth so I'm pretty confident the love will grow stronger now
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
I'm also quite happy with the update, though what I don't understand is why ARP is global and CC74 redirect is per patch??? I would do it the other way round
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
PSx2: Please rename thread title to Kijimi (and fix the DD thread title too while we're at it "CS80 replica ???")
I don't know why mods are reluctant to fix things like this. It makes it more difficult to find threads when they aren't titled correctly, and other times people start duplicate threads.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search