The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Neutron! Semi modular Modular Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

cars vs synths, really?
I don't drive or park my synths in public places / streets, so I dun mind colors.

Maybe synths have become weener extensions for some folks by now tho ?!?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

I don't recall any stupid talk about the colour of Waldorf microwaves, Nords, PPG's etc etc..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

the race is on-
can I make enough money to buy a moog g'ma
before the neutron ships?!

what a time to be alive
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
I don't recall any stupid talk about the colour of Waldorf microwaves, Nords, PPG's etc etc..
I don’t think it is stupid talk to inquire if it is possible to get them in a choice of colors. Obviously people are all across the spectrum (pun intended) on this issue. I planned to buy whether or not it was only available in POKE YOUR EYE OUT RED. However, if I was given the option, bright red would not be my choice. It seems a relatively easy thing to add some other colors to our choices, at least down the line. The synth has already been designed, we are just talking paint now.

Clavia obviously uses bright Red for brand recognition on many of their products. I don’t care for that shade of red. It is a bit garish for me!

I already have one bright Red Synth, an Alesis Ion. i would have preferred the blue special edition that came out years later, but I wasn’t important enough to sell my red to buy a blue one. Perhaps I associate the bright red with the color of my old Toyota Tercel which turned out to be a lemon that cost me a lot of money . . .

I am glad the newer versions of the Neutron seem like they are a little darker than the early versions. Some people seems to be pleased with this and some are annoyed.

At the end of the day, BRIGHT RED and what some people call “comic book graphics” are not deal breakers for me. Uli is giving us an original, interesting-sounding synth to explore for less than 300 bucks! What unique tones are hiding within? Sign me up!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighteous Synth View Post
I already have one bright Red Synth, an Alesis Ion. i would have preferred the blue special edition that came out years later, but I wasn’t important enough to sell my red to buy a blue one.
Eh? Are you just talking about the red plastic cheeks? I mean when I think Ion.. red slightly comes to mind.. but far after the massive reams of silver everwhere. Or have I really missed an anodised red limited edition?

Access Virus Classic, now that’s a red synth..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post
I'd pick one of the Black Matchbook cars every single time, and I would never even consider a Red car in real life. Gross. Red cars just scream "hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, look at me...". I dunno about you, but my attention isn't so easily won, I'm not a bird, this isn't Planet Earth III.
Sounds like a personal issue.

Me, don't care about the color much, unless it's a functional issue (hard to read, bad ergonomics, black car in Texas summer, etc), so the argument gets no resonance.

Too many other checkboxes hit by the Neutron to look down on it...here, anyway.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Don't twist things up, I'm not even complaining, it's just a discussion over color preferences.

I'm buying a Neutron regardless. The benefits far, far, far outweigh a color preference "issue".
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
It would be nice to buy a Neutron, if only someone sold it.

This delay makes me think there are some problems at the new Behringer factory with getting these out from the manufacturing line?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

$300 is such a great price point: even tight-arses like me can save up and just about afford it on 10 months of interest-free credit. And by the time I've got hold of a BMD, there might be some Neutrons in the shops..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomized View Post
This delay makes me think there are some problems at the new Behringer factory with getting these out from the manufacturing line?
Just as likely to be marketing bravado in the first place.

Me I can wait, I'll get one when they come out, whenever that is.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymooger View Post
One claim: Late June/Early July @ gear4music

(They list an estimate of October on their U.S. site)
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Neutron! Semi modular-screen-shot-2018-05-15-8.15.19-am.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

The same here in Germany...
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer Neutron! Semi modular-erstertermin.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Bummer.....about the release being pushed back, but it appears the Boog continues to sell out. A shipment comes in and its gone, then another, and so on. Perhaps the success of the Boog, and pre-orders have delayed things a bit, but thats okay. More excited about the Ody and 101 now though. Maybe that will be fall now?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
gear4music list October on their Swiss site too.. just ordered from musicstore.de (est. July 1st)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Funny, I'm sure I checked most of these sites for it only a day or two back so they've all gone live fairly concurrently
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Pre-order placed at Gear4Music UK site with estimated delivery 26/27th June.
When i pre-ordered my D from the same place, last week of December - it had an estimated delivery in March - but ended up getting it first week of February. Here's hoping!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
Eh? Are you just talking about the red plastic cheeks? I mean when I think Ion.. red slightly comes to mind.. but far after the massive reams of silver everwhere. Or have I really missed an anodised red limited edition?

Access Virus Classic, now that’s a red synth..
Actually, it is the Micron, not the Ion . . .
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymooger View Post
Just as likely to be marketing bravado in the first place.

Yes, me too! I am still having fun with the DeepMind, but that IPad App sure crashes a lot!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
I find it strange that Behringer claims to have shipped the first units, yet the manual isn’t available online? Or is it somewhere?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
and man, how hugly was that yellow Q !!! Even the XT orange was a punishment.

I hate the graphics on the Neutron, they feel cheap and kitsch and amateur to the core.

Sytn sounds gorgeous though and I consider buying it, though I’ll keep it in a locker when visitors will come by.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by blougui View Post
and man, how hugly was that yellow Q !!! Even the XT orange was a punishment.

Wait for the neon lime green Quantum with huge throbbing red knob restored to come out
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Pop in the Grandmother thread... Looks and color talk are all over that thread. Hell, some people have said quite clearly that they can't even get past the name of the Grandmother.

We all have preferences. I'd prefer a simple black Neutron, for sure. But I'm buying one regardless. It could be Pink with Chartreuse tiger stripes and be named ShartQueefKuntHitler if it sounds good, meets my budgetary constraints, and has the features I want. Looks and name are way, way, down my list of priorities. There things are tools, not fashion accessories, to me.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I tried to call up Musicians Friend to preorder over the phone sincerely I got a coupon, but the person on the phone was useless and wouldn't take a preorder like that.

Do I go with Sweetwater? Their preorder list seems like it's gonna be huge.

Anyone got Musicians Friend to preorder? Any help for the US? Do I preorder it thru a UK shop? Worry they won't give me the correct power supply.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnyKine View Post
It could be Pink with Chartreuse tiger stripes
I'd buy that for a dollar!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeceeoh View Post
Still no official pre-order availability in the U.S. *sigh*
I think you can call sweetwater on the dog ‘n’ bone like it’s the 90’s still?

No grandmothers in Europe so it balances out I guess
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Just preordered mine from Musicstore.de
ETA June 30th.

Let's see then..
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig27 View Post
Just preordered mine from Musicstore.de
ETA June 30th.

Let's see then..
****, just registered there hours ago but if i pre-order now, it will go to current month credit card bill. Absolutely to be avoided. Actually, i still need to order a nice rack to assemble all the other stuff waiting, so additional 3 months w/o the Neutron won't have much impact.

Good luck guys!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Mine's ordered, and I checked before ordering. This was the answer I got:

Quote:
Hi there Richard,

Thanks for your message.

We have a very large order of the neutron coming in around the beginning of July. We should have no issues fulfilling our pre-orders.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search