The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Synths for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer Neutron! Semi modular Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 13th February 2018
  #1141
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinakroon View Post
I believe it's completely analogue, apart from the MIDI/USB input. But I could be wrong.
I believe it's all analogue too.
Old 13th February 2018
  #1142
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
Well after messing with my Model D yesterday, I'm definitely onboard for the Neutron. I can't believe how good the D is with how cheap it is.
Old 13th February 2018
  #1143
Lives for gear
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
it's a cool synth end of story, the team are making instruments we've all wanted for ages, and if anyone wants to check I was cool with anything Behringer was doing in the synth market well before I got my Deepmind, it's all there in the deepmind thread way back, that of course seems to get completely overlooked by the trolls. I work a blue collar job like everyone else and scrape together a living raising two children, one an orphan from South east Asia, some of these keyboard warriors here sound like they are single dweebs with no life or prospects.

I got my synth early and people didn't like that, imo all that does is show me their true colours, rather than congratulate or be positive ( a small few exeptions ) it was mostly hate and vitriol, Black Betty is still carrying on endlessly about it..

back to the neutron, I know others will have the same idea but I want to build a 3 synth system with this synth in a 9U Doepfer LC case and use it primarily as a soundscape tool for wacky cross patching and extreme noise etc.. should be good, looking forward to saving up for it all and piecing it all together, see Behringer making synths now gives us all interesting new ideas we can come up with because they are super affordable, well designed and sound great..
well said
Old 13th February 2018
  #1144
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
it's a cool synth end of story, the team are making instruments we've all wanted for ages, and if anyone wants to check I was cool with anything Behringer was doing in the synth market well before I got my Deepmind, it's all there in the deepmind thread way back, that of course seems to get completely overlooked by the trolls. I work a blue collar job like everyone else and scrape together a living raising two children, one an orphan from South east Asia, some of these keyboard warriors here sound like they are single dweebs with no life or prospects.

I got my synth early and people didn't like that, imo all that does is show me their true colours, rather than congratulate or be positive ( a small few exeptions ) it was mostly hate and vitriol, Black Betty is still carrying on endlessly about it..

back to the neutron, I know others will have the same idea but I want to build a 3 synth system with this synth in a 9U Doepfer LC case and use it primarily as a soundscape tool for wacky cross patching and extreme noise etc.. should be good, looking forward to saving up for it all and piecing it all together, see Behringer making synths now gives us all interesting new ideas we can come up with because they are super affordable, well designed and sound great..
Dont even repond to it mate...the petty crap that goes on in here is embarassing at times, youd think we were all into completely different interests somedays..


Of course I can say this as Ive never been party to that kind of behaviour
Old 13th February 2018
  #1145
Gear Nut
 
arkos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
Behringer making synths now gives us all interesting new ideas we can come up with because they are super affordable, well designed and sound great..
Laying down the truth.


People complaining about synths at plugin prices should get their head examined.
Old 13th February 2018
  #1146
It's a $299 box that is putting out some seriously impressive sounds. Considering outputting $299 is a MASSIVE deal for me, Behringer coming into the market and doing something disruptive is really welcome. I frankly don't care about Behringer's reputation from the past, if they're putting out something *right now*, then I'm all on board.
Old 13th February 2018
  #1147
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourfun View Post
It's a $299 box that is putting out some seriously impressive sounds. Considering outputting $299 is a MASSIVE deal for me, Behringer coming into the market and doing something disruptive is really welcome. I frankly don't care about Behringer's reputation from the past, if they're putting out something *right now*, then I'm all on board.
Behringer's reputation from the past is the only reason why we are able to have such high quality inexpensive synths today.. He had the factory, now he is using them for synths. Modern QA philosophy and technology has bridged the gap between cheap and unreliable to just straight decent reliable and inexpensive.

But really, were it not for the hundreds of thousands of cheap mixers sold, there would be synths today from behringer.
Old 13th February 2018
  #1148
Lives for gear
 
BlackBetty's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
Dont even repond to it mate...the petty crap that goes on in here is embarassing at times, youd think we were all into completely different interests somedays..


Of course I can say this as Ive never been party to that kind of behaviour
You need to pull your head in mate, you're as bad as the people you accuse, you think every post you make can be a comedy show based on "you" think it's funny, you dish it but can't take it
Given FS thinks I keep going on and on abt something when I have him on block, he is as bad as you when it comes to attention seeking
You wanna post snidely mate, I'm right here, don't give a crap what I've posted to you in pvt, you want to say something, by all means
Your behavior, others in here, you actually think this forum is yours the way you post
That's all good, but to stoke the fire, you're no better than the people you accuse of trolling

FS I have no time for, but I put him on ignore, I don't speak of him, yet somehow he singles me out as a personal agenda, who is trolling now?

Throw one of your witty quips, I am sure it would be the only thing you have

Mods, you can remove this post, really not bothered but I have discussed this behavior in pvt abt GS posters
Old 13th February 2018
  #1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty View Post
You need to pull your head in mate, you're as bad as the people you accuse, you think every post you make can be a comedy show based on "you" think it's funny, you dish it but can't take it
Given FS thinks I keep going on and on abt something when I have him on block, he is as bad as you when it comes to attention seeking
You wanna post snidely mate, I'm right here, don't give a crap what I've posted to you in pvt, you want to say something, by all means
Your behavior, others in here, you actually think this forum is yours the way you post
That's all good, but to stoke the fire, you're no better than the people you accuse of trolling

FS I have no time for, but I put him on ignore, I don't speak of him, yet somehow he singles me out as a personal agenda, who is trolling now?

Throw one of your witty quips, I am sure it would be the only thing you have

Mods, you can remove this post, really not bothered but I have discussed this behavior in pvt abt GS posters

Bi polar


Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty View Post
Someone wants freebies again lol
Old 13th February 2018
  #1150
Deleted User
Guest
how can this synths be so cheap ?? who is assembling this things together ? slaves ? machines ? what is going on here, i really don't understand.

I would like behringer to clone steinway piano and buchla easel, that would cure my moral dilemmas
Old 13th February 2018
  #1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesS!eR35 View Post
how can this synths be so cheap ?? who is assembling this things together ? slaves ? machines ? what is going on here, i really don't understand.

I would like behringer to clone steinway piano and buchla easel, that would cure my moral dilemmas
Robots, its robots...humankind has had it.
Old 13th February 2018
  #1152
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesS!eR35 View Post
how can this synths be so cheap ?? who is assembling this things together ? slaves ? machines ? what is going on here, i really don't understand.
I for one welcome our new robot overlords.
Old 13th February 2018
  #1153
Lives for gear
 
kurzweil's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesS!eR35 View Post
how can this synths be so cheap ?? who is assembling this things together ? slaves ? machines ? what is going on here, i really don't understand.

I would like behringer to clone steinway piano and buchla easel, that would cure my moral dilemmas
The circuit boards can be printed on a massive scale in Behringer's factory in China. It was mentioned that production methods can enable 200 Model D instruments per day. That's a lot of machines printing the boards and then a lot of humanoids doing the final assembly and testing. These are high-skill, quality jobs as far as I know. The slave-wage, low-skill jobs have moved somewhere else now..
Old 13th February 2018
  #1154
Lives for gear
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty View Post
You need to pull your head in mate, you're as bad as the people you accuse, you think every post you make can be a comedy show based on "you" think it's funny, you dish it but can't take it
Given FS thinks I keep going on and on abt something when I have him on block, he is as bad as you when it comes to attention seeking
You wanna post snidely mate, I'm right here, don't give a crap what I've posted to you in pvt, you want to say something, by all means
Your behavior, others in here, you actually think this forum is yours the way you post
That's all good, but to stoke the fire, you're no better than the people you accuse of trolling

FS I have no time for, but I put him on ignore, I don't speak of him, yet somehow he singles me out as a personal agenda, who is trolling now?

Throw one of your witty quips, I am sure it would be the only thing you have

Mods, you can remove this post, really not bothered but I have discussed this behavior in pvt abt GS posters
It is you that goes around behaving how you accuse others, I think you need some time away to reflect in a padded room, good luck
Old 13th February 2018
  #1155
Lives for gear
 
MarkR's Avatar
 

I feel like anyone posting 2 girls 1 cup on here should receive a swift ban
Old 13th February 2018
  #1156
Lives for gear
 
Jamie munro's Avatar
 

[QUOTE=Derp;13138534[/QUOTE]

flat out nasty GIF
Old 13th February 2018
  #1157
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
I feel like anyone posting 2 girls 1 cup on here should receive a swift ban
Or mod status
Old 13th February 2018
  #1158
Lives for gear
 
WozNYC's Avatar
Damn, did someone actually post a "2 Girls 1 Cup" gif?

Old 13th February 2018
  #1159
Gear Addict
 
sim238's Avatar
 

Wow. Easiest ban ever. That was the worst thing I've seen on a normal forum ever. Wtf is wrong with him?
Old 13th February 2018
  #1160
Gear Nut
 

Some DivKid Neutron dronage...

Old 13th February 2018
  #1161
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neorev View Post
Some DivKid Neutron dronage...

Thanks, this thread really needed to get back on track
Old 13th February 2018
  #1162
Lives for gear
 
ArtFluids's Avatar
get him outta here! out, out, out!
Old 13th February 2018
  #1163
Lives for gear
 
Derp's Avatar
Sorry, I figured it would be the best way to demonstrate the kind of word vomit coming out of his mouth without being nearly as offensive as what OP originally said.
Old 13th February 2018
  #1164
Gear Maniac
 
jc2046's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neorev View Post
Some DivKid Neutron dronage...

It sounds like the OST of a Jim Jarmusch film
Old 13th February 2018
  #1165
Lives for gear
 
goom's Avatar
 

Any company that has the balls to put a bucket delay on their budget synth has my forever loyalty, my nitpicks and critiques notwithstanding.
Old 13th February 2018
  #1166
This thing scares me. It seems like the perfect all-around utilitarian unit to start a modular system which I’ve been just saying no to like Nancy Reagan. Now Arturia is making those nice looking cases and I’ve really been wanting those sick sounding Dave Rossum Z-Plane and Sample modules along with that Waldorf wavetable one. Also very interested in those Subconscious Communications modules that cEvin Key has been involved with for a while now, because you know... cEvin Key!

This is really bad, guys. Really bad.
Old 13th February 2018
  #1167
Gear Nut
 
arkos's Avatar
April/March can't come soon enough and all thanks to Behringer
Old 13th February 2018
  #1168
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
yeah the D is really nice and people seem to really love it but it's this red beast that has my attention, all those patch points and the analog delay has me really excited, looking forward to more demos, does anyone else think the filter sounds roland like, it's got that super clean but rich/musical sound to it.
Old 13th February 2018
  #1169
So do these come with rack ears, does the D? Or is it only eurorack?

I can see me building a wall of $299 synths over time if thats the case
Old 14th February 2018
  #1170
Gear Guru
 
fiddlestickz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
So do these come with rack ears, does the D? Or is it only eurorack?

I can see me building a wall of $299 synths over time if thats the case
no rack ears that I'm aware of, like a few others, the Mother 32 etc it can come out of it's case and be mounted in a euro case, you could prolly make some rack ears for this one as it's 84HP wide ( the size of most regular Doepfer cases)
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump