The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Attn AKAI: MPC Live current requests/suggestions
Old 22nd July 2019
Here for the gear

3. streamable samples from disk
Old 22nd July 2019
Here for the gear

4. Pattern swapping (perhaps use the matrix from the force)
Old 22nd July 2019
Here for the gear

5. Spectrum / Filter - Like FabFilter or many different DAWS
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

MIDI OUT in program mode! I refuse to use midi control. Won't buy another mpc until Akai implements this, I've posted online,sent emails to tech support since the release of the ren about this, it's ridiculous.
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear
+1 Shortcut to choke entire master out (all sounds playing at that time) without pressing stop in the transport controls.

Please correct me if im missing this. (On the maschine for example, this can be done by pressing shift+mute)
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

USB audio interface support so something like MiniDSP USBStreamer could be used to add digital i/o that the MPC5000 and MPC 4000 (option board) had. It seems like a backwards step and a very glaring omission to me.

If Akai don't want to open up a can of worms by allowing 3rd party interfaces then maybe they could release a little USB breakout box with ADAT/SPDIF i/o.
Old 18 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_palmo View Post
+1 Shortcut to choke entire master out (all sounds playing at that time) without pressing stop in the transport controls.

Please correct me if im missing this. (On the maschine for example, this can be done by pressing shift+mute)
Does the Live crash though when you use stop? If you hit it twice fast enough with the MPC Studio the software cuts off all audio as well, but half the time it chokes and crashes when it kills everything. Im starting to think its got some really off memory management thing going on and isn't allocating or freeing stuff properly and killing itself.
Old 17 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelgrind View Post
off the top of my head:

crossfade looping, (zero crossing doesn't always cut it) The 4000 had this 16 years ago.
variable sample rate (like down to 11k or 22k for nastiness)
modulatable sample start for wavetable/transwave scanning type stuff.
more LFO's and options for synthesis.
time stretch for key groups in standalone (I bought this originally because they claimed everything the software can do you can do in the hardware too).

Things I feel like this should have since other MPC's had these:
multitimbral midi
arpeggiator (mpc 5000)
audio tracks streamed from hard disk, not ram (mpc 5000)

The 3 blue bolds you suggested would be awesome.

To variable sample rates... I'd add modulatable variable sample rate control and varispeed playback control using the BIG WHEEL (through an allowable range of values).

I also agree with the general notion of progressive improvements vs sliding backwards wrt oft-used and previously available and valued MPC features and functions. The X is an excellent "standalone" platform to continually make such incremental improvements and to eventually surpass those in past implementations, so I do have high hopes in this respect for Akai's MPC-X/Live, as long as adequate resources are continually applied to development.
Old 10 hours ago
Lives for gear

It’s pretty cool that quite a number of things from this thread have since been implemented.
Old 5 hours ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
Does the Live crash though when you use stop? If you hit it twice fast enough with the MPC Studio the software cuts off all audio as well, but half the time it chokes and crashes when it kills everything. Im starting to think its got some really off memory management thing going on and isn't allocating or freeing stuff properly and killing itself.
No my live does not crash. I just dont want to stop the playback tbh, i just want to choke whatever midi notes/audio are playing at the time. (Until the next notes/loop starts)
Old 4 hours ago
Easily normalize multi layer samples

Share Samples Here
Old 3 hours ago
Lives for gear

Id like to stop individual pads playing through.Without pressing stop twice and haltin the whole lot.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search